IKEAsnapped finger

I bought a folding chair from Ikea about a few months ago and today my daughter fell off the chair. When she went to pick up the chair and put it right it folded on her and her left index finger got caught in between the folded legs. Within seconds her fingertip, nail and mass all snapped off her hand (imagine pulling a soft prawn apart). I had to pick up her finger from the floor and rush her to A&E where I was told that the finger can not be sewn back. She now has to have an operation tomorrow to do something for the bone sticking out. Do you know what it felt like to see my 7 year old child's finger on the floor and her hand missing a finger with blood and mass gushing out.I thought these chairs were supposed to be safe but I am now proof that they are not.