Hughesnetunfair use of act! fair usage

4 Review updated:

I was being capped off @ 200m daily when I am paying for 375m daily. Hughesnet did acknowledge this error but refuses to refund in any manor! I will switch asap. DO not go with hughesnet. Look at all options first!

• E
      Jul 13, 2009

I also have problems with their service. Please contact the Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org That is the only way that we can make sure something gets done.

Jul 24, 2009

I alos have hughesnet and am complely fed up with the fair access crap. I have upgraded twice now paying $99 a month for dial up speed 4 out of 7 days a week due to the so called threshold. How can they limit your access when you pay more and more and MORE money, after expensive installation charges and the steep monthly cost??
    I find it to be the worst possible service for the amount of money that I have to pay out each month. Will definitely be looking into wildblue satellite or just simply dealing with dial-up if I get the same service! Where I live DSL is not an option...it's either dial-up or satellite.
    Thanks HughesNet for "allowing" me to have high speed internet that costs a fortune at your discretion... when it's fast its fast.. but like I said, not as often as it should be when you are paying that much for home based internet! Terrible, I will NEVER recommend to others!

Jul 24, 2009

I had to pay over $600 for installation and set-up. Was great for about 6 months... then they started the fair access policy. Don't know how they find it ligitimate to use the word fair in that statement! Pay and we limit you is more like it. Then you have to wait for 24 hours before it resets... so even weather.com takes 15 min. for the page to load... what a bunch of bs! No use calling because just like the above post..you have to just keep upgrading and spending more and more, for what I'm not sure, still have the same problem at $99 that Ihad at $59 a month lol!

Jul 24, 2009

However, I will go to the Better Business Bureau website like the post above suggested, something has got to be done with this, it's pretty much a monopoly, they have you right where they want you! Contract, most that have it do not have the option of anything other than dial-up..yahta yahta! As sad as it is, I'm glad to see that my household is not alone in the situation!

Jul 24, 2009

you are allowed a certain amount of MB downloaded per 24 hours (like 375-400 is what I pay for, because I have upgraded to the business plan and beyond because that will help they say! wow) Still have 6 months of contract left I believe..it may be more like Feb 2010...

Jul 24, 2009

No unfortunately we don't. We are in between two larger cities by 20 miles each..lol so of course I have to pay a fortune for satelitte TV also, but at least it works as promissed! No cable is offered past a specific road about 8 miles west.. and 4 miles east, lovely eh? I can pretty much get any dial-up service out there, but that's my choices... even 2 neighbors have hughesNet.. same problems!

• U
      Apr 19, 2011

I pay $85.00 monthly to recieve a 410MB a day HughesNet service plan! If I exceed my daily limit my service shuts down for a 24+ hour period. I have no other option besides dial-up because I live in the country. When I see that most consumers are being offered bundled packaged of phone/TV/internet for less than what I pay for HughesNet... I am sickened. This is clearly a case of "PRICE GOUGING" by HughesNet!!! HughesNet has a package offering unlimited downloads but the cost exceeds $300 monthly. Things have drastically changed since HughesNet services have become available. With the onslaught of services for PC/MAC, iPads, iPhones, BluRay, Netflix, XBox... all software updates needed on a daily basis to keep these services including the operating systems well exceed what they are pushing off on their customers.