Hughesnet — fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud!
I am so fed up with Hughes.net. First of all I am constantly needing to reboot my modem after a few hours of inactivity. Hughes Net can not fix the problem and told me I would have to live with it. Today I find out that after downloading over 200MB of data in a 24 hour period the fair access policy kicks in and Hughes Net reduces your internet speed to 22k for 24 hours as a penalty for using the system too much. Of course if you agree to pay an additional $20 a month for the PRO connection, they will give you unlimited downloads.
So Fair Access Policy is simply a way for Hughes Net to get you to pay more $$$. It has nothing to do with "Fair Access". Its more like "unfair access" where Hughes Net hooks you into a contract then informs you of new rules limiting your access. Run if you can from Hughes Net, the service SUCKS!
More Hughesnet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- HughesNet.com - make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - want to sue 
- Hughesnet - phone service and sales
- Hughes Network Systems - hughesnet service
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees 
- Hughes Network Systems - data usage issues 
- Hughesnet Internet Satellite - slooooow speed. not as advertised