Hughesnetcorporate office contacts

[HN9000] HUGHESNET Contact Information

Hughesnet Executive Customer Care

[protected]@hughes.net

[protected]@hughes.net

[protected] (Office of the President)

Current Pin # - 397158

New Pin Starting 10/26/09 is 913854

Complaints? Voice them to William Smouse @ ECC

• Ca
    Callie Etheredge Feb 03, 2019

To whom it may concern:
    Be advised that I authorized my wife to call and disconnect our Hughes Net Service! On February 3rd, 2019 she called to disconnect! First she spoke with a female who insisted on knowing why we wanted to terminate. My wife stated we had moved on... but that wasn’t good enough! She asked again why we wanted to terminate! My wife stated we no longer needed it! Suddenly she couldn’t help my wife because the account was under my name... yet she had engaged in conversation with my wife regarding my account for several minutes! She suddenly had to speak with me! My wife called me on her cell phone and put me on speaker at which time I confirmed that I did indeed want the account terminated! I was then put on hold for several minutes! I was then transferred to “ the account cancelling” department! At this time I spoke with a guy named Eric! He repeatedly ask why we wanted to cancel our account! I told him we had moved! He then relentlessly attempted to stop me from terminating my account stating we are still under contract for gen 5! ( my wife disputes this) she is the one who pays the bills!!! He stated I would have to pay 100.00 for terminating my service two months early! My wife calls BS! I had the phone on speaker and my wife heard his overbearing attitude! She then took the phone and ask to speak to his supervisor! He first said he had all the information we needed! When she was persistent... he stated he wasn’t sure he could locate a supervisor! She again asked for his supervisor! He stated he was a supervisor... she stated no you are not..., you are in the “ account cancellation department! He said why do you need to speak to a supervisor... she stated because that is what you do when you are dissatisfied with information you are receiving! He still refused to transfer her! Prior to informing me that I would have to pay 100.00 early termination fee, he was real close to harassment in his persistence to get us to sign up with Hughes net at our new residence!!! Please address these issues with your employees and advise them that the customers are responsible for them getting a pay check ... no customers... no money to pay employees! Thank you for your attention to this matter! [protected]
    Acct# Dsd9517920 and please continue with the termination!!

• Io
    iowjhefdiosmxdqio Oct 22, 2018

September 13, 2018
    Dear Hughesnet.com
    I am hoping to resolve my issues with you IP services
    Username: [email protected]
    6. [protected]
    7. [protected]
    8. [protected]
    9. [protected]
    10. Current (I hope still active) Case # [protected] Tech Support Ph. # [protected]
    Modem/router Password: RYSB2799yBBE7237
    Problems:
    I am typing this document while waiting for you to load a page—employment application! You just freeze; imagine that, you are not functional.
    Modem:
    Problem with Epson not able to communicate to my laptop. Your Modem would not function via Wi-Fi to/from printer and computer. Again Still Waiting!!
    Dish alignment:
    Addressed by technician with new hardware, what technician resolved had nothing to do with my Problems?
    Download speed:
    To my monitor, poor to non-existence
    Your freeze my operating system to the point of the “Wheel” becoming problematic.
    It’s you not Safari, Word, Outlook, anything that touches the Internet.
    U-tube has never worked
    Password reset:
    My password that I use was 2024 until you failed to recognize my password and have me and everyone else uses the same reset password that you supply: welcome1. Seven (7) events over seven years. Can I stop this waist of my time?
    Change Email address:
    When I moved my service to another residence in the County, you changed my Email address. Why did you not inform me? Do you know how much work and miscommunication, leading to frustrations?
    Outlook:
    You have four (4) outgoing emails frozen on your mainframe, slowing my incoming Emails, for two (2) years. Messages are, “failed or was dropped”, by you. I was forced by you to use your Home Email. You average was five (5) tabs to open up your Home page. How much of my time do you waste?
    I have had outgoing emails taking as long as fourteen (14) hours to deliver.
    Simple replies and basic email communication have taken hours.
    After two (2) years of error free Outlook, you did it again. You switched my IP address from the one originally provided to me from you, to one that was “Blacklisted”.
    Outlook Pop-Up request to verify Password “welcome1”, this activated my send option. This randomly occurred several months ago. This has not worked in Outlook for four (4) years, what did you do?
    Internet speed:
    Research through search engines, Google, produces menus, (no pictures, and photos) that some times open approximately thirty (30) percent of attempts
    The more images the guarantee the page will not load
    Selections from the menu are chosen to open, in new tabs and windows makes no difference in speed and download.
    Research needed for Corporation, health, jobs, and projects require me to have several tabs active simultaneously
    Internet pages do not completely load, after much time if all images open at the bottom of the page, you scroll back to the top of the page except it has disappeared in to your “White Page”
    Pages open slowly, (click, go have a sandwich) then maybe the page would load
    Pages don’t open, “White Pages”
    Tabs active are deleted
    Opened tabs from pages close and don’t open
    Tabs need to be constantly reloaded, with little to no success
    Hyperlinks:
    In Word and PDF documents does not function.
    Favorites, failure
    I must endure with your term “Cannot locate the Internet Server”
    To fix your problems I have gone via:
    Geek Squad
    Microsoft
    Apple
    IT Associates
    To seek help, every one blames you.
    Cost for Technicians: $368. Out of my pocket. Why? Your technicians were not capable in my problem areas so I was forced to pay Professionals. They blame you.
    Server problem areas are not problems from my Mac, or cloud obstruction. My laptop works flawlessly when using Wi-Fi at remote locations. Its you.
    I need Internet access from a Internet Provider to do work, currently there is no recognition of functioning Internet access.
    You constantly humiliate me by freezing, rendering my Laptop via You useless.
    Wasted time and money
    What does that cost?
    I need a functional access to work!
    What are our options?
    Fix my problems that you created, I will stay a customer
    Lose me as a customer
    The most outrageous option is to drive the eighteen (18) miles round trip to go to the local library. The library Internet functions as an IP should function. Their value is I get one hundred (100) percent of my task accomplished. This option increases my cost in mileage and driving time. You however provide Nil to a very poor functioning service. Useless
    At this point Hughes v. Library you lose, you provide no service!
    Monday September 17, I will cancel your recurring debit payment from my banking account. Posted 20th monthly, HNS*hughesnet.com [protected] #5296
    New contact Email: [email protected]

Thank you for any assistance you can provide
    David L. Flentge
    [protected]

• St
    stinabab Jul 10, 2018

the only company that will put wifi in my house is Hughestnet. I got it installed for my internet and my smart tv. its the worst service i have ever gotten. its a stupid monthly payment, the wifi doesnt work and my equipment is super slow. i called them to have them cancel my account and instead of saying "let me fix your issues so we can keep you as a customer" they charged me $235 for taking the account down and $99 for a guy to climb on my room to take a transmitter down and to leave the ugly dish up there.

• Hu
    [email protected] May 17, 2018

I come back from a long business trip, as a precaution I always reset my WiFi password. For some reason I cant reset the password on my router, contact customer service, we trouble shoot the problem, its determined that there is something wrong with the router. Hughes sends me out a replacement.
    I get some strange emails that seem to indicate to me that someone is getting into my internet data.
    I go to my.hughesnet.com and cant log in because my password wont work. Strange I have a desktop app that keeps track of all my passwords, I havent changed it so that means that someone has changing my password for me, the problem with that is that Im the only person who uses the account and I live alone. Customer service helps me reset the password...odd theres some strange email address in my account profile, the rep resets the password to this [email protected] and I attempt to delete it but I get a pop up that says Ive entered a bad password and my access is denied. It goes on that the next day I attempt to log into my account and again the password is not accepted and I have to go thru customer service to reset my password again???? And that weird email address is still there. I ask the CS rep who replies that they can only see my account email address not the odd ball email. The CS rep agrees to reset the password again, and I attempt to delete it nothing happens. I log in again the next the password again doesnt work, I contact CS, the still cant see the odd email address in my profile, they can only see my address. I go to tech support, who tells me that he CAN see the odd email address but theres no name or account number associated with the user??? It seems to me that IT has a rogue user thats been getting into my account but each time the user gets into my account they have to reset the password, thats why my password never works. This is a clear violation of Hughesnet privacy policy. All I get is a "we will look into this" and we will call you in a couple of days.
    A couple of days???? Now up till now the customer service reps have done all that they can do to get this fixed. This IT representative has a could care less attitude.
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW A LAWYER THAT CAN HELP ME WITH THIS???? [email protected]

• Au
    Ausmerican May 01, 2018

I have had it with this ridiculous Company! Seriously. December 2016 - the contract was well and truly over. The former account holder (My Landlord) called them to have it put in my name, as I was leaving for another address and he had no need for Hughesnet - he was using a more reliable service. I was already on the account as an authority and was paying the bill monthly. We were told - "No problem!" We now discover, his name has gone back ON the account and Hughesnet are refusing to remove it. They not only are trying to increase the monthly fee by $30 but are basically saying I have to enter a new contract to have it in my name. I am fighting cancer and get chemo twice a month and rely on this internet for a means of contact as well. Do they care? Nope!!!

• Ov
    Overcharged Customer2018 Apr 22, 2018

In Sep 2015, I signed up for Internet with HughesNet. Today, sadly I didn't catch it earlier, I noticed I was being overcharged.

When I called the billing dept., I was told a variety of stories as to why the amount I pay each month is twice what I was quoted on the phone and the order email I received. First, I was told I was on a different plan than what I ordered. Then I was told that there was a different promotion than the email reflected. I was told I had accidentally changed my plan. I was told that I have used the full amount of data allowed each month, even though the location where Internet was set-up was a house that sat empty for 355+ days in 2017. I was also told that the additional amount was for a package deal. I get Internet only. Every time The customer service agent came onto the phone, he alway had a reason for the overcharge, but it never made any sense -- how can I accidentally upgrade my service without knowing?

I asked for The customer service agent’s name and badge number, and he gave me he name, and a case number rather than badge number. Then I asked to speak with a supervisor, suddenly The customer service agent was able to speak with the advanced billing department. He said that the 3 month overcharge refund was all that the advanced billing could authenticate as to my overcharges and they could not look further back into the account to verify payments. I am on automatic payment, is the company so technologically inept that they cannot see what a customer has paid over the years? We are speaking of 30 months if overcharge, not a few months. The customer service agent said to process any kind of refund, I would have to fax my original email to Hughes Net. When I said I don’t have fax service at my house, only Internet and I could forward the email to him, he said it had to be faxed.

“The reason that the advanced billing department gave for the $214.05 refund, is that all the further back they can process a refund.” I asked his to ask the billing department what the policy actually is that says it is okay to overcharge a customer by about $2000 and it is okay to keep 1800 of it. He went back to advanced billing to speak with the advanced billing department. When he returned to the phone, he said that the advanced billing department could process a refund for 6 months only. “He said that a customer must report the issue with the bill as early as possible for them to process changes or full refund on the account.” I pointed out that the story changed again. He suggested instead of filing with the local, federal, state, and BBB offices I just post the info on HughesNet website.

At this point, I asked to speak with The customer service agent’s supervisor. I was on placed on hold. I asked my husband to bet on the fact that The customer service agent would be back on the line and say that advanced billing could authorize 12 months refund. While waiting, I looked up Hughes Network Corporate Offices so I can call on the next business day.

The customer service agent keeps coming back to the call to report that the advanced billing department is doing further research, but each time he comes back to me, another person in that advanced billing department is on the phone and he has to speak to them again. I told The customer service agent to stay with on the phone call with the advanced billing department so that he can get an answer rather than checking that I am still on the line.

The supervisor came on the line. He gave me three reasons that there was an upgrade made to my account by 1) I was told that their assumption that a call was made by myself or on my behalf to make an upgrade, or 2) I or someone else went to the website and change on the internet, or 3) the fault was on their end that call was not documented and someone at Hughes Net had mistakenly upgraded account. He again said that the company could offer me a 6 month refund of $430 and that he would send corporate an email so an investigation would be conducted to see how the change to my account was made. I pointed out that there was still an overpayment of 24 months and thenI told The supervisor I had the number for corporate and would call on Monday and I would request a transcript of the 2+ hour call from today.

Customers – know who and where to report your Internet trouble to. BBB, FCC, Attorney General of your state, local utilities commission, state utilities commission, your senate, state delegate, and congressman.

Tammie Bratcher Apr 02, 2018

my name is Tammie
    I had internet connect on Thursday 03.26.2018, and my service has been horrible from the time it was connected. I am unable to watch t.v. print from my printer. The service is horrible. The technician that connected my internet, took the old dish off the roof and just threw it on the ground, he even had the nerve to ask to use my bathroom, and I have never in my life time since I've had my own home had a tech ask to use my bathroom. I live in a subdivision, and most sud-divisions has fees once a year. Also the property has to look up to par. The dish is sitting on the very front of my roof, and this is unacceptable. Every time I called hughesnet, the reps act as though they don't know anything or know what I'm talking about, this was very frustrating. They didn't want to connect me with a supervisor when I would ask for one, I was even hung up on by one of them. I was even told that the reason why my service was bad was because Montana was having bad weather, and I live in Indiana, now what kind of mess is that. I asked them that if Indiana has bright sunny 80 degree temps and Montana has a rain storm, it will affect my service, and I was told yes. This is so ridiculous. I wasn't told this when I was talking with the sales rep, this was one big thing that was left out, and this is something very important customer's should know. Hughesnet is only out to get whoever they can get. It's all about money. Hughesnet is a joke!!! I was also told that they only have one tech in my area, and he is the same one I demanded not to send to my home again, and that I have the right not to have him back in my home. Why is there only one tech in a large area...UMMM it makes one wonder. I just wish I had read some of these reviews before I went with them, because I most definitely didn't want the same tech coming out.

Tammie Bratcher Apr 02, 2018

my name is Tammie

• Ra
    ramsey72 Oct 16, 2017

Let's see where to begin! I was scheduled to have installation by Hughesnet. Tech came out and because I didn't agree to allow roof installation, my installation was delayed due to having to have a line location done which I understand, so I was scheduled for a new installation date. Well of course I kept getting texts that tech will be there at a certain time only to get a later text that it would be later, then later, etc. Tech shows up but never gets out of the van. He was on a phone call then leaves. I call hughesnet to find out what the deal is only to be informed that the equipment that was supposed to be installed at my residence had been installed at someone else's in another city. After days on the phone over and over with reps I said forget installation that I no longer desired the service that it's been nothing but a Hassel. I had to argue in numerous calls for a refund of the money they debited my account for to start service that I never received. Now, they've deducted $321 from my account for equipment that wasn't returned. My question to Hughesnet is how can I return equipment that I never had installed because your men placed it at another residence in a whole not her city. Again, another phone call arguing my case to try and get MY money back. I was informed that the computer system deducted from my account and they had to manually put new the system that equipment had been received so they could get me a refund in which I have to call back on the 24th to request because I have to give it 10 days to process. I have to wait for MY money when they got it automatically ILLEGALLY from my account. I would not and will not recommend them to anyone. Seeking an attorney.

• He
    Heidi Vernon Sep 30, 2017

All ya'll should contact the Better Business Bureau and file complaints.

Jackie wagnor lawrence Aug 13, 2017

I have reached my limits with u people. For over 1 year this has gone on. When I 1st 9pened this acct. Ur rep could not find me on GPS she asked"who I lived near" I told her. That person is now on my acct. I have written 8 times get her name off my acct. Retha Goff does not live here does not pay bills at my house. Does not pay direct tv does not pay my rent drive my car does not pay hugjhesnet and the latest cuz u think ur a bunch of smart [censor] u now address her on my phone. She had called in 4 months ago with her daughter who is a lawyer they told u get Rethas name off my acct I've told u a number of times get her name off my acct. I was told 4mths ago u would get her name off iflt. I have questions what's her legal name what's her phone no both house and cell who does she use for internet it sure in the hells not u what bank does she use. How many house does she own her social sec no. Her ok la drivers lic no answer those questions. Thank u Jackie Wagnor Lawrence GET HER NAME OFF MY ACCT NOW. DSS33839540

Sharon Adams Converse Jun 22, 2017

After reading all these complaints, why are we allowing this to happen to us. Our story begins with-my husband worked for the phone co for 41 years; we finally got DSL/ internet services in our area, so we canceled Hughesnet, We had to pay $200 to finish up our contract, so we did. They sent us a box with instructions to send back modem and radio etc. Well as experienced as my husband is climbing poles, accidents happen ( the ladder collapsed) and he fell 9-10 ft from our roof, breaking is leg/ shattered his ankle and heel. I called their customer service and spoke to "Judge"( like thats his real name) An Indian speaking, condescending, rude [censor], that threatened to bill me $500 and sue if that equipment wasnt returned!!!,
    I ask to speak to a Manager and he would not allow it. Even after I explained I was 67 and couldnt climb up there to get the equipment myself.
    Long story short I had to. I climbed up on our roof, detached the crap and sent it back. Now I want to know whos paying Hospital and Dr bills. Who can i complain to? Is there anybody in US ho will listen or take these money hungry foreigners on?

• Ji
    jim/judi prater May 26, 2017

We have had Hughes Net for many years and updated several years ago. Our bill continued to climb with more charges. We are a retired couple and those raises really hit us hard. Finally, we changed to a local broadband, and are really pleased. We picked a plan for $59.00 a month and we were told if we wanted to upgrade, we would be the ones to notify them. The charge would NOT go up until we changed levels. Hughes Net kept upping the price.
    We received a letter to send back the modem and cords, which we did. They never mentioned the radio on the dish. Now they say they never got the parts. A new letter came from a collection company that we owed $557.30 to Hughes. Over $250 for breaking contract after we told them to close down our account. Then $100.00 for the modem and cords, plus $200.00 for the radio. We were never told to mail the radio part. We had to get someone to go on the roof to get the dish and the radio. Asked Hughes Net to send someone to please pick up this equipment. Heard NOTHING!!!
    About to mail the radio system, but you can be sure I send it registered mail. This is not how businesses treat their customers! Have told all I know to avoid Hughes Net. I may go to jail for refusing to pay all this ridiculous charge. My story is like many I am sure.

• Su
    Sue Rehnberg Apr 28, 2017

We have been Hughesnet customers for some years now and have had our ups and downs: today, after overnight storms(not unusual for april in SW Missouri and most of the time does NOT affect our service for more than a few seonds or minutes, we were completely off the grid. Our Modem showed Power and our LAN showed connection: there were black eyes on receive, transmit and system; after having problems about 6 weeks ago, we were sorry about this because we had good service after a week of lousy/no service...so "Here we go again" was the response: I called for Technical Support: Someone named Bern Evans in Philippines; he was on the phone with me for 30 minutes; we trouble shot, he kept going to talk to his resources..."you have to wait for the weather to pass"; the weather was past and we had clouds; and there were still blackouts on the three main lights. usually there is some flickering, at least! He kept repeating the same mantra: "the books says wait for the weather to pass...then try the internet again" ; I was getting hot under the collar; I told him we have had good internet through the storms; we hooked into systemcontrolcenter.com; nothing of help...so I said I would like a call back to see that we have service; he said they would call bac; he did not offer me a Case # and I was too upset tothink about it. So I called again and said i will try a different department: I was disconnected twice; the answering tape was messed up; click click click...fiNALLY ON THE FOURTH CALL i GOT THROUGH TO i THOUGHT BILLING; i spoke to a "John" and told him what I told Philippines and asked him WHERE HE WAS LOCATED...He said Brownsville TX...so I tried him. He made some more progress and understood more what i was talking about with the lights completely off...I told him all I had been doing to trouble shoot; great great...then we tried to reboot through the systemcontrolcenter.com, then I was disconnected from the phone call and the net was still not on...three black lights. I kept trying the reboot red arrow even after disconnection from call and tried to connect again to "John"...got the Philippines again and again...they told me they could not connect me to "John" in Brownsville Texas; I would simply have to try the call again. I was not talking to the Philippines again...could not understand their talk and they had a series of "pat" answers...After the 9th call to Hughesnet in 2 hours, I looked back at the modem and it was ON...somewhere there was a successful reboot...not sure where. It is sluggish, but I will keep at it and call to complain, again, if I must. Something is amiss...we had to wait a week for internet, 6 weeks ago, then my payment did not even register, even so it was taken out of my account; they gave me some token bytes to cover what we pain for...?????... and said it should work soon again...there were so many problems and when we finally got the internet again after being OFF for a week, we were so happy we were just hoping daily that it would stay content.
    Please do some ground work on organizing your company! I am working on a bill to submit to your company to pay me back for all the time I have spent trying to right all the wrongs! Time is money, it seems...
    Our net went off sometime overnight...fine...happens, but should not stay off ALL DAY without recourse...we were trying since 7AM! Now it is 3 PM And finally on...your company has problems and I pay a LOT every month for our rural internet...too much for not getting my internet service! Think about it!

AskHughes May 05, 2017

@Sue Rehnberg Sue, We want to make sure that everything is working well with your system. If there is anything we can do to help you please let us know.

Dee Torrance Robinson Apr 18, 2017

I am so over Hugesnet. Our service is slow, I cannot view my seminars because I have latency that is 3-13 seconds. I called support 4 times last Wednesday night and 4 times I was asked to purchase more equipment to obtain faster service. All 4 times we were disconnected and once was a supposedly a supervisor. I was told the service we had would be enough for our needs. I just spent money on a router thinking that was my issue. Then they say it is my brand new laptop. I am IT, I know better! I just want out! I do not want to be $50 more for faster download. When I test a connection it should not be poor or think I am connecting via dialup. False advertisement, rude customer service as they hang up when you tell them you only want what was promised. We loose internet frequently. I am fed up. I

AskHughes Apr 21, 2017

@Dee Torrance Robinson Dee,
    We would first like to apologize for the dropped calls, I can assure you that they were done without malice. We would like to address your service issue as soon as possible. Please post here a case number so that we can look up your account and contact you.

Dee Torrance Robinson Apr 28, 2017

@AskHughes I would have agreed with you but 4 dropped calls in one night at the same point in our conversation? I would love to give you a case number. I don't have one. I should have recorded the call for quality assurance.

• Ju
    Julia Curtice Mar 27, 2017

I need to speak to someone besides the customer service reps. I understand they are doing their job and there is only so much they can do but it's like going in a circle. When I got my service (couple months ago) I called the day after the installer left because when my husband got home he told me to go outside and look at the side of my house where he installed the dish. The side of my house was MESSED UP!! So I called to cancel and filed a complaint, someone called me back with hughes net asking me to send photos of the damage and I did...still haven't heard anything from that! I called 3 weeks after that date wanting to cancel my service because it just didn't work for us. Not saying it's not for everyone but its just not for us. Now with that being said I have called numerous times to cancel my service and yet I've always been talked into keeping it and tried it for a little bit longer. So now I called to cancel my service and they want to charge me an early termination fee. I really need someone to call me back because it is taking everything for me to stop my husband for filing a lawsuit about the side of our house in which we have a receipt for we had to pay to get it fixed and we had a technician come through another company to come look and he said he does not understand why he put a satellite dish on the side of a manufactured home and not on the roof are the ground but on the side. Like I said I called and made a claim about that still have are not the back about that either. My name is Julia Curtice.

AskHughes Mar 27, 2017

@Julia Curtice Julia,
    First, we would like to apologize for any discomfort this may have caused you and your family. We would like to assist you and get this resolved as quickly as possible. We believe we have your account information but need to confirm it. Please reply here if we have the last four of your phone number correct and we will call you within 1 business day of your reply. The last 4 of your phone number is 4157. If it is not then please leave a case# here so that we may identify your account accurately and call you. Also if possible please leave a time that is best to contact you.

• Ju
    Julia Curtice Mar 28, 2017

@AskHughes Thank you for getting back to me. Yes that is the last four of my number. And anytime is a good time to call.

• To
    Toffee Chips Mar 07, 2017

I called to pay on my two Hughesnet accounts today. I was flabbergasted when I was told they kept my card on file to pay for my bills automatically when I told them specifically not to ever use my card to pay automatically. On one account I am receiving paper bills and being charged $5.00 extra to receive a bill from them. They will not email my bill with the breakdown of charges. I am told I will have to go to their website and that is not something I will do, going to websites and being forced to sign up is not red tape I want to be bothered with. I would like either a paper bill (do not think I should have to pay for it to have it send out by mail) or an email bill and I feel that since I am a customer I deserve to receive a bill without paying a whopping $5.00 for it! With two accounts it would cost me $10.00 per month. They insist, they keep your card on file and they will keep you on automatic payment and withdraw whatever from my account without giving me an itemized bill. That's a whole lotta red tape and my time constraints do not allow me that luxury of doing that kind of research each month to make sure they are dealing with me fair and square. I find that appalling, and I believe that must be illegal to now give the customer a bill. Dip into someone's bank account without giving them an itemized bill. I had a big problem with the phone company (two now, actually) and I do not trust automatic billing, whatsoever! I had a Hughes Net rep who gave me the runaround today and although I kept asking for a supervisor it took probably fifteen minutes total to get one and ultimately, she hung up on me. When the supervisor finally did come on (her name is "Kylie" ) I had the same runaround. I told them I wanted an email bill and was told I would not be able to get one, but would have to go online to look at my charges on their website. I do not believe doing business online is optimally safe and secure and would rather not have to take what always turns out to be a lot of time doing things online on a company's website. Bottom line, when we do business with a company they should give you a bill without additional redtape. Either by mail, or email. Also, they SHOULD NOT on their own, empty your bank account by retaining your bank card number. I think this is new with them because I do not recall having this headache with them in the past. Thank you!

AskHughes Mar 09, 2017

@Toffee Chips Toffee Chips, We are sorry to hear that you are having some challenges getting paper billing. We would like to have you come into our Twitter community @AskHughes and speak with you through a direct message to try and resolve your issue with a more personal touch. Or if you like, leave a case number here and I will be able to look up your information and contact you directly. -Andrew

• Sc
    schnitz Feb 26, 2017

I have made a huge mistake switching to hughesnet from a dsl provider for more speed. this may well be the worst company I have ever encountered. among other things they are saying I used 28 gigabytes of data in ten days... a complete impossibility. I do not stream or play games or listen to music on my computer. not only are they simply lying, but, of course, they are totally non-responsive. I will write to the president, but I assume he is the lowest of the low, and sets the tone for all the others. i've been with hughesnet for about two months. I just wish I had never heard of them.

AskHughes Feb 27, 2017

@schnitz schnitz,

AskHughes Feb 27, 2017

@schnitz schnitz, We are sorry that you are dissatisfied with your service and we would like to offer assistance. The first suggestion I would offer is to try GlassWire (https://www.glasswire.com/) this will help you monitor your data useage and help troubleshoot where the data leak may be occurring. Second have you been to our community (https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet)? Our community members can offer great assistance in trying to use the GlassWire tool most effectively. We look forward to seeing you in the community and helping you have a better HughesNet experience -Andrew from HughesNet

debsteph Dec 20, 2016

Worst service worst company every!!! I am under a 30day trial period and was told I would have zero cancellation fees if we cancel.

Someone overseas is trying to charge me $800 for an early lease termination fee. I have not idea what that even is - but my business sales rep andrew told me I would not have any fees if we cancel.

Crooks! crooks! crooks! with the worst internet service I have ever seen!

• El
    Ellen Martz Feb 22, 2017

@debsteph debsteph - That's not the HughesNet experience we want for you and can fix the confusion immediately. While we don't have a 30 day free trial, we'll certainly honor it if you were promised it. To do that, we need to identify your account in a secure exchange. Please visit the HughesNet Community at https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet and ask for Amanda. She'll be in there early tomorrow, 2/23.

• Ka
    Karen Harper Nov 24, 2016

I have never been treated so poorly as a consumer/customer EVER. I have used Hughes Net since 2010 because I had no other choice where I lived. The service has never worked great or fast but again I had no choice. My boyfriend at the time handled the installation but since that time he no longer lives at my residence. I recently moved and am selling my home. I moved from Ohio to Idaho Falls and I no longer need the service. The account is under my name, I have paid for the service the entire time but because my ex-boyfriends name was initially on the account they refuse to cancel my service. No one is living at the address and no one is using the service and they will not cancel it. I have made 4 phone calls and sent 2 emails. They have treated me poorly and will not allow me to speak to a supervisor or manager nor can they speak English very well. What they are doing is unlawful and unethical. I would definitely tell everyone I know to never use their service. I cannot get over the fact that I cannot get them to cancel it. They say they are protecting the subscriber whose name is not on the account nor did he ever make one payment. As a matter of fact I just recruited ed an email directly to me to remind my invoice is due. Due for a service that is not being used and a company that refuses to cancel it. I personally cannot believe they are still in business. This is way past the 24 month subscriber agreement which is absolutely no longer applicable. They must think people are stupid. For all the complaints I have read I cannot believe a class action suit has not been brought against them!
    An angry consumer - Karen Harper

AskHughes Feb 23, 2017

@Karen Harper Karen, We hear and understand your frustration, can you come to our community http://bit.ly/1MUp9q8 where we will work with you to get this resolved as quickly as possible. -Andrew

AskHughes Feb 23, 2017

@Karen Harper Karen, We hear and understand your frustration and thank you for your loyalty. We can help you with you service cancellation immediately in our HughesNet Community https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet. –Andrew from HughesNet

• Ks
    K.S. Mueller k2k9 Sep 14, 2016

I have been a HughesNet customer since 2007. Service was at my vacation home at 125 Nauset Light Beach Road, North Eastham, Massachusetts 02651. 18 months ago, my husband died, leaving me with the problem of how to pay the mortgage on the vacation home. After struggling financially for a year, I made the difficult decision to sell the house. The new owners are taking possession of the property on Monday, Sept 19th. When I called to disconnect my HughesNet service, three weeks ago, I was informed that I needed to take the radio transmitter off the satellite dish and return it to you. Failure to do so would result, I was told, in me being charged $300. I cannot go up on a roof myself. I am a widow, all alone, no kids. I asked 10 friends to do it and no one could. I made plans with HughesNet, who outsources their service to a local contractor, to come to the house on Sept 12th -- the day I was moving out. I live 300 miles away. I was there all day on Sept 12th and no one came. I received a phone call mid-day informing me that no one could come on the 12th and they'd be there on the 13th. I arranged for my realtor to wait at the house on the 13th. At 9:30 on the 13th, someone from HughesNet turned up at my home, 300 miles away, where I live year-round, and where I do not have HughesNet service! I couldn't believe it. When I spoke with you, Hazel, you determined that someone had completely erased my service address from your system. As a business owner, I would fire whomever did that. This just gets more and more incredible. You promised you'd try to get someone to the correct house on Sept 13th. My realtor waited at my house all day. I had simultaneously been called by the local contractor that you outsource to, and had arranged that someone would be at the house between 2-5 pm. My realtor waited at the house all day, no one came. At 5:30 she called me to report this. I called the local contractor, and she put me through to the actual tech, whose name is Mike. Mike informed me that he was on Martha's VIneyard, an island off of Cape Cod, and was waiting for the ferry to take him and his truck back to Woods Hole, which is 90 minutes away from the house. At 5:30. This means by the time he got to the house, it would be dark, and so he said he would return today, September 14th. I explained to him there will be NO ACCESS to the house after this Friday. What a mistake for me to have done that, because last night at 9 pm I received a text from "WC" (the contracting company) informing me that someone will be at the house on Friday September 16th. This is absolutely unacceptable. Someone needs to go there TODAY. I see right through your scheme. You're doing your best to get the $300 out of me. This is how you treat a loyal customer and a widow who has no money. You are the worst company in the world, and so help me God, if you try to charge me the $300 for the radio transmitter, I will rake you through the court system and ruin your name on every consumer website that exists. I will sue you for emotional damages. I am sitting here writing this, crying at 5:00 am. when I should be asleep! Instead of turning my back on the house on Cape Cod, which was a gut-wrenching, heartbreaking decision, I am stuck still dealing with this problem that is attached (quite literally) to the house. I need to move on. I am heartbroken and you are victimizing me, and I will not stand for it. A letter is being sent, certified, return receipt, to the president of your company. I will not pay you people one more dime. In fact, YOU OWE ME, $300 for putting up with this garbage this week. YOU deleted my service address from your records. This is YOUR problem. I have done my due diligence, and have gone above and beyond what should be required of a normal customer. Get this problem solved, immediately. Friday is unacceptable. If you do not, I will be suing you for emotional distress, damages, and the expenses I endured from missing not one, but two days of work, and several nights' sleep. I'm not done yet. Do not test me on this. Do not charge me one more cent. If you do, I WILL sue you. Mark my words. I am deadly serious. Kathleen S. Mueller.

AskHughes Feb 23, 2017

@K.S. Mueller k2k9 K.S. Mueller we are sorry first and foremost for your loss. We apologize for the inconvenience our technician caused you.

• So
    Sonyya Aug 18, 2016

I didn't think it was possible for a company to fail at every stage of the customer service lifecycle until I encountered Hughesnet . Here's my story:

1. Purchased "Elite" service to replace my existing ISP...then found that the Hughesnet service was 1/3 third as fast as my existing service...at over twice the price.

2. When installing my satellite antenna, the installer created a leak in my roof which caused over $600 to fix and Hughesnet claimed no responsibility.

3. Spent over three hours on the phone with the most inept technical support group I've ever seen, who were unable to solve the poor performance problem.

4. After 6 months of pathetic service, I finally called to cancel, in which case Hughesnet hit me with a $300 early ccancellation fee. I told them I had never received the service I signed up and paid for -- they didn't care...company policy.

5. Finally, after I refused to pay the cancellation fee, they sent me to collection.

SUMMARY: Over $1400 paid for 6 months of Internet service I could barely use.

This is absolutely the worst service experience of my life.

AskHughes Feb 23, 2017

@Sonyya Sonyya – That’s not the experience we want for you and will fix it for you. We’d like to send a technician out to troubleshoot free of charge to further understand the issues with your service. To do so, we need to identify your account. – Join me in the HughesNet Community where we’ll be able to handle this directly. https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet

• La
    Lacey Lawen Aug 17, 2016

Our service is and always has been SUPER slow. We were not told in our recorded conversation that we had a "data allowance". Even NOW knowing that we have that, there is not one day that we have in a month when it runs as fast as it should. I have called in and done the run of the mill by checking connection etc. My last call was in April and about 3 weeks ago I got a survey through email about that call. I gave poor ratings and still do. At the end of the survey it said someone was going to call me and even asked what time was best and confirmed my phone number. 3 weeks and no call. I call in today to ask to speak with a supervisor and they said I cant unless I tell them why.. Look at my call log, THAT'S WHY! Then no supervisor was available-convenient right? I asked Carol in the Texas call center to take my number and have them call me back. She said they are unable to do that and that I would have to wait on hold until one became available. Seriously? Thats customer service? You do whats right cause it's the right thing to do, that is INTEGRITY and this company does not have it! We were so excited about using this company to end up being so disappointed. Make it right or let us out of our contract. Where is your INTEGRITY??

AskHughes Feb 23, 2017

@Lacey Lawen Lacey, I see that we did not meet your needs right now but if you need us in the future come to our community https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet
    -Andrew at HughesNet

Sande Davy Aug 04, 2016

BEWARE of Hughes Net... we got their deal... and went with the $59.99 a month plan... after the $500 equipment charge. at NO TIME did anyone mention... that there was a LIMIT to the number of MEGA BITES you could download in one day. We accidentally went over and our computer wouldn't move. Called Hughes Net... they said "OH you've gone over your Mega Bite download"... we said OH we didn't know there was such a thing. Needless to say our computer was then render useless for the next 24 hours. They were very deceitful in not telling us that... cause had we known we would not have went with Hughes Net.

• El
    Ellen Martz Feb 22, 2017

@Sande Davy Sande Davy - Let us help you. Limitations on downloads are part of the reason satellite internet is available where cable providers won't offer service. However, we should have explained that and how to help you manage your bandwidth easier. We can still do that if you are interested and provide you several free tokens that will pull you out of the limitation automatically. Our community moderator will handle this for you. Visit https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet and ask for Amanda.

• Pa
    Pam Jackson May 24, 2016

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... after 7 to 10 calls to them my service is so bad it has caused even my phone sprint samsung galx s6to not working?? on with sprint today for 1hr and 36 min its not my phone.. but funny it worked before.. I call it works for a few days and then im back on the phone again to get it resolved.. after asking to cancel my service.. they were absolutely no help.. unfortunately.. no help.. and all this came in under a month.. with all the calls they are insisting that to get out of my contract it will be $500... yes I said..$500. *run dont walk away

Tammy Battles Laycock Apr 19, 2016

I had service for two days. I got someone on chat and they closed their chat window on me. I called every 4-6 days sometimes I would leave a message for a supervisor to call me and wouldn't get a call back. tech says it was my router, so I go buy a more expensive router. then a lady says oh no its not us, has to be your router and gives me netgears number. it's not netgears, so I call back. now i'm told if I turn off all other things but the tv I should be ok. I said, we'll your wonderful salesperson told me this plan would carry everything I had. go listen to the call he and I had. everything about this company is a fraud

Noreen1177 Jan 15, 2016

I writing here because I could not find a direct comment section to give praise. I had a special tect help me with issue case # [protected]. Anna Trivino
    took 1 hour 14 minutes 20 seconds. She was very professional and talked me through some fixes. Then at the end and nothing could fix the issue she said she was going to pass the issue up to the engineer ( elevate to the next level) . When we went to our e-mail, the issue was resolved. I just want to let you know I could not ask for better costumer relation, it was refreshing to know the issue would be taken care of. It had been. Thank you for your time. [email protected]
    issue occurred 1/14/2016.

• Al
    Alison Schwarting Dec 29, 2015

I have spoke to Hughes net three times now do to our poor internet connection. I was on the phone for an hour at least each time. The first time I was on hold for over 3/4 of the time. I was told that I would be credited $200 on my account do to Hughes net screw up for the past three years on our internet service. When I called back three days later to see if my credit was applied and it had not. They told me that they took care of it and it was applied. My account never received the credit. When I called to ask why, I talked to Jim who has the worst customer service skills i have ever encountered! He said he could not help me and that would only credit the account $100 and was not going to do anymore to help me out. Jim was VERY rude to me. I am not sure what this county has come to when someone telling you they are going to do something twice and never do is OK. Why is that ok and the whole confirmation number is only worth anything when they need it for the customers screw up but when they screw up it doesn't exists or make a bit of difference. Not sure why it is ok for customer service to treat people like this.

• Br
    Brad Simpson Nov 13, 2015

I agree this is the worst internet company I have ever seen. $86.00 a month for 10 gig of data that only works half the time. I think We the unsatisfied customer should launch a class action law suit against HughesNet for violating their contract to provide internet services. If it rains there is no internet. HughesNet told me I would only lose internet if there was upper atmospheric disturbance (lightning, hail, tornadoes) but the problem is if it rains at all it doesn't work. I am contacting the FCC to see what if anything they can do. The BBB rates them low for having so many customer complaints. I asked HughesNet community why we don't get unlimited internet and I was heckled and bullied by reps and Charles R. Scott (champion) (a rating given by HughesNet for his participation in HughesNet community) I was called a redneck for living in Oklahoma by Charles R. Scott and 2 of the reps, Bill and David. Of course the reps don't give their last names and won't give their employee ID numbers. I will be getting a different internet company as soon as my contract is up. I believe we have an obligation to let everyone that this is not a company they want to do business with.

• Ni
    Nic Blake Nov 06, 2015

Hughes net is a terrible company. First, I cancelled because the product and services offered did not deliver as promised. So I paid the early termination fee and opted out of the contract. Then I returned all the equipment and HughesNet takes a unauthorized payment over 300 dollars out of my bank account. I have contacted my attorney as this is illegal. The company should have billed me. Once a contract is null and void NO company has the right to take an unauthorized payment. This company is terrible, unprofessional and they do not care about any of the customers that do business with them. Please do some research before doing business with this company.

• Da
    daysahead Sep 12, 2015

Sure wish I would have known about this complaint site and also went to our attorney generals site before I got the ripoff company, have to send the bill to pay to different address and they say not to send complaint to two different addresses on bill, but no where is the office address on the bill. they have all kinds of taxes on the bill. to get the paper bill they charge you $5.00 and so I do this as they won't let you put in what you want to pay they have to have automatic withdrawal, no one is taking money out of my account but me so ihave to have a paper bill. so now i"m going somewhere else if they can come out here where I live. this ripoff company when I got it it was slow and the guy told me it was my computor needed cleaned something wrong with it did that still slower than my dialup. poor service. now turning in to bbb, attorney general, I see they already have had to pay people back in our state. have written and called hughesnet but all I got was smart # people!!! our extension /4-h clubs have signed up with them and guess what slow. I told the lady there I wished I would have knownthey were changing and I would have told them that it is a rip off company. so i'm gone as soon as possible and they better not tell them I owe them anything. so people please take our advice and don't get caught up in their web they are also to high.

Joe Talbert Sep 11, 2015

I signed up for Hughesnet on the recommendation of DIRECTV as a bundle package with their service because I had so many problems with at&t's internet service. They however did NOT ask me what I used my internet for. As I'm sure you can imagine, I had nothing but problems with Hughesnet from day one. Their tech support is awful. Their customer service is a joke and their internet service is the slowest and most unreliable I've ever used and with at&t, I had DSL. Hughesnet was slower. After trying several times to explain this to Hughesnet which was like talking to a brick wall that barely speaks English, I called DIRECTV. Since they're a company that actually cares about their customers, they apologized for recommending Hughesnet in the first place. They let me out of my contract without charging me a cancellation fee and even gave me a pro-rated discount on my last bill. After that, I called Hughesnet to tell them what DIRECTV did and said about their service and they are still insisting that I pay a $400 cancellation fee! I of course refused and cancelled the ATM card they had on file before they had a chance to charge me. After reading some of the other complaints on this board, I feel like I got off lucky though. Please contact me in reference to any class action lawsuits.

• Ab
    abcmixers Sep 01, 2015

they have the nerve to charge me an early termination fee of $280.00 after I called and lodged 60 separate case numbers...and 100 phone calls all about their service never working properly and spent hours on the phone going through their procedures to fix their problem and charging me for many many gigabites that mysteriously disappeared most of the time without using most of them.. They are ignorant and have numerous complaints.
    they lie on the phone always promising to fix the problem and never never never do..

they should be investigated and shut down and save the people who dont know this all the wasted money time ...

• Ab
    abcmixers Sep 01, 2015

I have 60 case number complaints after 8 months...with no help i finallly cancelled and they are charging me an early termination fee even though
    their service is the worst.. Verified by many others on the net.

Joe Spadaro
    14320 western riders lane
    glen allen va [protected]

• Ol
    oldsarge67 Jul 27, 2015

I asked if a signal strength check could be performed at my location and they hung up on me. They want you to sign up pay money and hope the service is reliable in my area. Not a good way to do business.

Charles Coulter Jul 06, 2015

I have/ had been a costumer that faithfully paid my bill for almost 2 years.. From the very beginning, I've had the sorriest /poorest Wifi service I've ever know.. I have/ had called costumer service since I had been with Hughesnet. I was lied to, sent modems, I bought different routers in attempts to get PASSABLE service. I had had to leave 3 doors open in my house just to get a signal to my office.. I not have another service ( Suddenlink) that is not only faster, cheaper but I DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE ANY DOORS OPEN!!! I Was told to be at my house today 07-07-15 between the hours of 12 noon and 4pm for a " technician " to meet and remove the dish .. Yep, he/she failed to show.. Upon contacting costumer service I was told that the tech had been scheduled the NEXT day . I took off work to do this and I lost around $300 to do so..
    Let it be known that, I WILL NOT pay their deactivation fee or the $100 tech fee to remove their dish.. I was promised a quality and cheap Wifi service when I signed up. Well, Hughesnet FAILED on their end
    Regards;
    Charles Coluter

Chamie Jun 25, 2015

I installed Huges Net in October 2014. The installer was horrible and left trash all over our yard. We called the installer and they didnt care. They also put the dish on our roof when we asked it be put on a pole in the yard. I ended up calling their corporate office to get things straightened out. They handled the issue promptly. After that we were having trouble with our service constantly. Again we rounds with agents in India. They couldn't seem to understand what the trouble was. They sent a technician out but only after we again called corporate to get help. Corporate customer care was very helpful again. The technician was much better than the first and got everything working for us. I ended up terminating my service early due to a move. I talked to customer service in India again - they told me my final bill was $17 and some odd cents. I paid it immediately. They sent boxes to return everything. All sent back but 2 months later I receive a bill for $333.06 for cancellation fee. I called and of course it was India and they couldn't do anything. I was frustrated as I was stuck getting their service again because nothing else is available. Again corporate customer care waived the fee's and apologized. I recommend just calling the office in Gaithersburg, MD and get that customer service. They speak English and can actually take care of issues.

Sheldon The principal Jun 11, 2015

Here is the Letter I wrote the company;
    Dear Sir
    My name is Sheldon I am the Principal of a small school here in Roanoke Indiana. Last school year in an effort to increase our internet speed I began searching for options in an effort to allow my teachers to be able to use video as a teaching tool. Our school is located in a remote part of the county with no high-speed options. I soon found myself talking to one of your salespeople. I asked him if Hughesnet has a service that could meet my needs at a price my school could afford. Stated that I would need for up to 10 computers to be able to simultaneously be able to live stream video and allow students to watch. At the same time all the schools 27 computers would be able to do normal browsing on the internet at the same time as well. As I have no internet tech person or computer tech person on staff his answers were taken at face value. He seemed to know what he was talking about and his confidence in the product assured me that it would be able to handle our needs as a school. I agreed to the contract after he assured me that all would be great and work well. I asked numerous times about the video streaming issue and each time was assured that I would be very happy.
    With in a few days the product was hooked up and the person whom did the work did a very neat and quality looking job of running wires and making it look tidy. Upon finishing he checked to be sure there was Internet on the end of the line and stated that it was not his job to hook it in to our system. We then contracted with a local company whom stated that our wireless router was not powerful enough for the speed that we should be getting to the teachers computers and that a new router would be needed to allow the desktop computers to do what they needed to do. After hooking all that up we had Internet. As it was near the end of the school year before all the bugs were worked out. During the summer as I was the only person regularly at school I felt it worked fine. Of coarse I was only using one computer.
    In the fall we were signing up for online testing through the state and one of my workers after going through training set up our computers to do the testing. As this was not a large volume of Internet use I was sure it would be able to handle the volume. It did not work however. I phoned Tech support and was told that the problem was that there were clouds in the sky. After a week of continuing to try to get the testing to work we ended up using a Paper test. I kept using the service and trying to get the Internet to work. We did all that Tech told us to do but nothing seemed to work. They kept assuring us that the service could handle our needs.
    Due to the fact that I was told that the service was fine I hired a computer tech to come fix what ever was wrong with the system. He started by going through all our lines and machines cleaning up anything that might create a problem though at the end of the day he found very little. Not near enough to cause the slow Internet we were experiencing. He then got on the phone with your tech people had a Tech to Tech chat. After a few minutes he came to me and stated that the speed which would come from the dish under optimal conditions would not be fast enough to handle live streaming video for more that two or three computers at one time. If some other computers were browsing the internet it would be a max of two computers. To be honest after I asked him if the Hughesnet Tech person agreed with that statement and he told me that the Hughnet Tech person was the one who told him that and that he stated that I had been sold an inflated expectation. I felt lied to. At this point I realized the service was never going to do what I needed. It would have been fine for a home but a school was far outside of the realm of reality.
    I then began the process of trying to stop service. It took 3 fax requests over several months to stop the service . Meanwhile we paid the bills. At this point we still have a bill of 428.00$ to Account #SME21906
    As we have never received the service promised and just spent over 1000$ of donated money I feel it is in many ways immoral for me to pay the bill. As I have talked to people from your company many times and no one is willing to fix this. They will acknowledge that I was sold a bill of goods but insist that a bill is a bill. If you insist I pay this I will but I feel as if I have allowed your corporation enough money for your trouble.
    Sheldon

Sheldon The principal Jun 11, 2015

Ripped off my school for a ton of $ So unhappy as principal. They lied to me they admitted it but still demanded the school pay.

• Mr
    Mrs .Williams Apr 10, 2015

I needed Internet service for school, so I decided too try hughesnet (they make it sound so good)they put the service in on 04/06/2015 and had too come right back out yesterday 04/09/2015 and it still don't work. They are full of it.