Resolved Hughes Net Satellite Internet — slow speed - limit on usage
Although when we signed up for this service, it was the only high speed internet available, it is no longer high-speed.
We have been on Hughes Net for 18 months. Our usage has not changed in any discernible way. Yet, in the last 8 weeks, we continually are being moved to a worse than dial up speed because we are said to have "exceeded" our 200 MB download capacity allowed per day. This limit was never pointed out to us when we signed the two year contract. The enforcement of the limit is obviously something new, or we would have encountered the problem long ago. Our guess is that Hughes Net cannot afford to invest in additional capacity for all the customers it is attracting, and is now putting a band aid on the problem by limiting the amount of download its customers can accomplish. Eventually, they will be forced to invest more in their infrastructure, or go out of business. However, now they will collect all the $5.00 extra fees to restore service each time the "limit" is reached. We are already entitled to this by virtue of our $75.00 per month fees. Just recently, Hood Canal has come in and put cable in our area. When our two year service contract expires, we will immediately go to Cable. And hopefully, hear the last of the Calcutta Customer Service people!
More Hughes Net Satellite Internet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract??
- HughesNet.com - make me feel used and abused!
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies!
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud!
- Hughesnet - phone service and sales
- Hughes Network Systems - Internet service
- Hughes Network Systems - hughesnet service
- Hughes Network Systems - cancellation fees
- Hughes Network Systems - data usage issues