Hotels.compoor customer service

I booked a reservation through hotels.com that says it has a price match guarentee. When I found a lower price at another website I called to tell them about it and have them match this price. They rudely refused to do so and kept saying "We''ll just cancel your reservation for you." Some price match guarentee. There is NO guarentee here! I was kept on the phone for a long time while the agent talked to her immediate boss. She was rude, argumentative and flat-out lied to me several times during our conversation. She even refused to furnish her direct bosses name, saying I don't have a boss here when in fact I heard her talking in Spanish to him in the background. They hung up on me several times and kept trying to get rid of me rather than matching the price I found. This operation is a joke! DO NOT use hotels.com for any of your travel needs. You will be very frustrated and ripped off by their lies and inability (or unwillingness) to follow through on their promises!

• Al
    Alcatrazdan Jan 10, 2011

Looking at what their price match guarantee is, http://service.hotels.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5652/session/L3NpZC8xQVJ5d0hqaw%3D%3D/sno/0 I'd say they satisfied what they said they'd do by canceling your reservation for free so you can book with someone else.

mareenewzealand Apr 11, 2011

Irrespective of whether Hotels.com satisfied their terms and conditions in this instance, I agree with the complainant, this company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. When trying to resolve an issue we were passed around various people for over two hours I was even hung up on once. This company is not worth using if you value being treated like a human being.

• Vi
    Vincedane Oct 09, 2011

A three night hotel stay was not booked to my account. I contacted customer service and was promised, in email, that my account would be corrected within 48 hours. Well, 384 hours and counting, and two emails later, my account has not been corrected. They have had ample time to make this right and no longer respond to me. In reading others' comments it appears that they just don't care about the customer.