Having problems with Hostess Brands?

Hostess Brands Customer Service Contacts

+1 816 701 4600 (General Inquiries)
+1 800 483 7253 (Product Inquiries)
+1 646 277 1228 (Investor Inquiries)
P.O. Box 419593
Thu8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hostess Brands Customer Service. Initial Hostess Brands complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hostess Brands above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hostess Brands. Discuss the issues you have had with Hostess Brands and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Hostess Brandshostess classic white bread

I purchased a loaf of bread for an outrageous price at the Aberdeen Washington Rite-aid on Thursday May 30th to make French dip sandwiches for dinner. When I got home I made a sandwich, the bread has a horrible plastic taste and smell to it. I had my husband take a bite of it, he agreed, the bread tasted terrible. The date on the package says it is good until JUN 26 19. My guess is this may have something to do with the taste, probably some kind of additive making it last longer, that gives it the plastic taste, since when does bread last for almost a month on the shelf?!?! After eating two bites my tongue started feeling numb and tingly, and there is a horrible taste I cannot get out of my mouth. I am very disgusted with your product.

hostess classic white bread
hostess classic white bread

Hostess Brandshostess donettes

I am writing in regards to your Hostess Donuts on the back for the nutrition facts it says serving size 3 Donuts and then it says about 5 servings per container well to me that would mean there should be about 15 Donuts in this package and I only got 10 so that's not about 5 servings that's only 3 servings so pretty much I'm missing 2 whole serving, I could understand if there was 14 or possibly even 13 at the lowest but not 2 whole complete servings missing out of the package. That would translate to me missing almost 40% of what it says I should have.

hostess donettes

Hostesshostess raspberry filled powdered donuts

This isn't a complaint about the product, but about the fact that this was my favorite hostess treat and I really wish you would bring it back. Please? I always see people asking about them online. Now the only kind available that is comparable is made by Great Value. If you can bring back the Chocodile, you can bring back the raspberry filled powdered donut and I know it will be a success. Thank you.

hostess raspberry filled powdered donuts

Hostess Brandsding dongs

I bought "star spangled" yes spangles, Ding Dongs they had everything the sprinkles, cake, and white fudge covering. But it didnt have ANY cream cause they were to small! Also they were delicious but besides the fact the box said they had 10 but they only had 2. But it wasnt opened or anything but inside the box there were 8 individaul blown up bags and 2 ding dongs so the only ding dong here is me for ever buying a ding dong!

• De
            Deanna Lowe Jul 30, 2019

OOPS!!! ATE ONE OF YOUR HOSTESS CHOCOLATE CUP CAKES THIS AM. BIT INTO A SMALL STRIP OF PLASTIC ABOUT 3/4 INCHES LONG AND LESS THAN 1/16 THICK. (JUST A GUESS - I AM NOT STRONG ON MEASUREMENTS).

INFORMATION ON BOX: SEPT. 29 2019 G [protected] 202 20:48 L12.

I THINK IT WOULD BE ADVISABLE TO CHECK THIS PRODUCTION LINE - DO A RECALL OR WHATEVER YOU DO TO CORRECT THIS BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT.

MY HOME PHONE IS: [protected]

• Te
            Texas Proud! Jun 26, 2019

I recently bought a box of Ding Dongs. Haven't had them since our kids were young.
            I laughed at how small the cakes were as compared to years ago, but was very disappointed at the dryness of the cake as well as the very thin layer of chocolate coating.
            I do not plan to buy them again.
            Cutting back on quality was a bad business decision!
            Jane from Cypress, Texas

Hostess Brandshostess ding dongs

I purchased a box of your Ding Dongs last week. It was a box that had 10 cakes in it. Every last one of them was smashed. The box itself didn't have a dent in it so I know the problem wasn't that the box got smashed or damaged during shipping or at the store. The problem was at your factory. Each box I have purchased over the last couple months has had at least a couple smashed ones but this box was the worst. Your products aren't cheap and my budget can't afford to buy food that's not edible. I'll be switching to another brand.

Hostess Brandsbirthday cake mini muffins

Hello. I purchased a 6 pack of birthday cake muffins. Every single pack in the box had no sprinkles in them. It was only cake. Each package shows there are a bunch of sprinkles in each muffin. My children really love these and were looking forward to them but were disappointed when they opened every single pack to find no sprinkles. Please if possible check them before they go into the package. Thank you

K
              May 18, 2019

Hostess — cream cheese danish

I purchased these at meijer, so disappointed in them, they were within date (3 weeks) but even though wrapped...

Hostess Brandshostess brownies cookies and creme 5/17

Just bought Hostess Brownies Cookies and Crème
              My son with peanut allergy tasted one and immediately had reaction of itchy throat / read ingredients and saw peanut flour.
              It was listed in bold print but box photo was so deceiving I did not check. Had oreo cookies and brownie on it so did not think had any peanut product.
              I realize my mistake but why use peanut flour anyway when so many kids are allergic and it is a product for kids. It seemed somewhat hidden and should at least be listed on front packaging.
              Lisa Altenbach

Hostess Brandshostess ding dongs

Ok I am a huge Ding Dong lover and I buy them a lot, to much. Well the last month or two every box that I buy they have been so dry and crumbly that it haha you eating them!! What on earth have you all done with the ding dongs?? Please please change something in them so they don't choke you when you eat them!! Info on my box is as follows- best by July 03, 2019. G0419 [protected]:21.
                Thanks,
                Shandra

hostess ding dongs

Hostess Brandswhite powdered donuts

I went to the store today and purchased powdered donuts which this is my favorite out of the hostess line. But today it tasted really funny and had a weird taste. The inside was not close to being soft. The texture felt like it had been baked to long or it was stale. I checked the expiration date and it doesn't expire until june 20th. Did the recipe change or did I get a bad batch?

Hostess Brandsding dongs

As a longtime Hostess cakes fan, I recently purchased a box of Ding Dongs. To my surprise, they were dry and had virtually no cream filling. The code on the box (under the sell by date) was G0301 [protected]:11.

There are other products of this type on the market that actually deliver what they advertise - I'll buy them in the future. I would, however, appreciate a refund for this purchase.

Hostess Brandstwinkies

Purchased a 10 pack of individually wrapped cakes Twinkies (golden sponge cakes with creamy filling).
                      Only to find all 10 old and hard. These were very dissatisfying. We ended up throwing them out. Don't know if I'll buy them again and waste more money. Expiration date says june 19, 2019. Upc# 8 [protected] 9
                      I know my son who was upset & disappointed

Hostess Brandsding dongs

Tonight I purchased a box of 10 Dong Dongs from Cub Foods in Chanhassen, MN, and there were only 9 in the package and 1 sealed empty wrapper. I'm including a picture of the wrapper but it's hard to capture the fact that it is completely sealed in a photo. I feel I'm owed a Ding Dong and would appreciate a coupon being sent to me at:
                        7531 Kimberly Ln, Eden Prairie, MN 55346

ding dongs

E
                          May 09, 2019

Hostess Brands — bakery petites caramel flavor

I purchased these Petites from from Big Y Supermarket on [protected] When I bite into one of them it tasted...

Hostess Brandsbakery petites

Yuck! These taste terrible and I like anything 'bakery'!
                          Turning 59 in June. I grew up eating every item you have ever made.
                          Strawberries and creme Petites and White Fudge Vanilla Petites... gross. Just the grossest taste ever. To the garbage they go. I'm very disappointed. I get one treat a day with my almond milk and now I'll switch to another brand.
                          Not good.
                          Gina Maria Wright

Hostesscream cheese danishes

We just got these in our store so I bought a box for 3.50 and got them home and they were stale and not as big as they use to be. And was disappointed how little the amount of cream cheese that was in them. I use to buy them all the time my kids loved them. Now they rather have a little Debbie came instead. At least they haven't changed the sizes of their cakes.

Hostess Brandsbag of chocolate mini donuts

Although this product is within the expiration date when I opened it the donuts were hard and stale. This is the second bag in one week from the same store that has been extremely stale. The other bag was your cinnamon crunch Donuts. I bought both products at a Speedway by my house which I often frequent and have never had this problem until this week.

Hostess Brandsbakery petites

I purchased your new strawberries and creme bakery petites from local dollar general. During the same purchase I also bought the double chocolate flavor. The chocolate were fine, but the strawberry look nothing like the package. It's like they have melted at some point, and no sprinkles. This had to affect the flavor because it was not a pleasant bite.

C
                                  Apr 20, 2019

Hostess Brands — ding dongs

We bought a box of ding dogs like we always do. We eat the crap out of ding Dongs. They are the best. However...

D
                                  Apr 15, 2019

Hostess brands,LLC — zingers (vanilla)

I had recently bought a 3 pack of your vanilla zingers. I had been eating them, when I went to eat the last...