Honeywellemployee treatment

G Review updated:

Honeywell over the past two years has used the econmy to take advantage of it's employees. Great excuse, but in the meantime they are buying companies for 143 million, and has had great reviews in all of the business journals. They seem to only be doing bad when it comes to lying to their employees about benefits and pay raises.
2008 offered 2% pay raises to be distributed across the company. Some got increases, and some didn't. During 2009, the company forced employees to take 3 weeks unpaid leave, and cut their 401K company match benefits by 50% (suppossedly a temporary cut... ya right). Now in 2010, the company is playing games with the employees saying no pay increase guidelines have been set. It looks like NO PAY INCREASES, across the board, will probably be the outcome for the year 2010.
In review of the CEO's salary the past two years: Dave cote netted 28.7 Million in 2008 and 12.8 million in 2009. I'm so glad he took such a pay cut. What a guy. But you have to wonder what he really does. Does he actually make the money. Does he manufacture anything, sell anything, show up on customer sites to handle emergencies. One thing he does do is hob-nob with Pres Obama, being he's a good Democrat. But like most rich Democrats, he portrays the "good of all", while he lines his own pockets by screwing the people that make him rich. Let's help the world... as long as it doesn't cost me anything. I wonder what his pay bonus wil be this year?
Honeywell employees are also treated unfairly just because of where they live. If they live in Minneapolis or Morristown, they get more vacation time and Holidays than field employees, even if they are doing the same job.
Honeywell has some real issues that are unfair, and they are obviously taking advantage of their employees, using the scare tactic of" "be glad you have a job" to keep everyone quiet. I'm not a big fan of unions, but I'm coming to the realization of their purpose, and it's leadership like Dave Cote's that drives employees to do such things. How do you sleep at night Mr Cote?

• Fe
    Feels violated Jul 17, 2019

Hello, I've worked at Honeywell in Geneva, OH. For over 20 years..Several years ago we were purchased by Honeywell (formally Elster Perfection) along with a bunch of other companies. Since honeywell took over, every aspect of the company has gone to [censored]. People used to stay forever it seemed like, and they hardly ever had to hire. Now it is a revolving door. They actually bribe employees with small bonuses to get people to apply. The H.O.S. System ( Honeywell operating system) Is a joke. The insurance is high deductible garbage that don't cover [censored], and cost 400.00 monthly for the family plan..The first union contract we had with them they took almost everything we as a union fought for, for years in one swoop.Basically told us this is how it is, take it, or leave it. I've never seen moral this low since I've been there.We as workers are constantly threatened with write ups for the slightest infraction.Every communocation from upper management is negative, never a positive word. Constantly working 10-12 hour days, and mandatory Saturday's. They can't keep sub-components in stock, because they try to order as they need it to save warehouse space, but they can't get it right after 2 years. This is the reason they have a 1.25 million dollar(give or take) backorder. I could go on and on..Honeywell is a very very greedy company. If your company is bought by Honeywell, save yourself a lot of B.S., and get another job..
    Signed,
    Frustrated

• Mi
    Miss Davis Aug 15, 2018

I left the company back in May after 5 years. At first I enjoyed working there but as time went on, I noticed a lot of issues. For example a manager only being hired because of who their family member is in the organization. Inspite the lack of experience. Then also the overwhelming workload that is pushed on the salary employees and no compensation. It was expected to work constantly and even work while on vacation based on back up availability. And managers having the attitude that “everyone is replaceable and your contribution is not valuable.” Also managers being hired with no experience and having the attitude that they do not need to be accountable for anything when things go wrong especially when it was their direction. And what is the point of having HR when no concerns brought to them are addressed! I can go on and on about Honeywell and their unethical practices and the lack of respect for their employees but I will just reference it as “Honeyhell” as some of my former colleagues would say!

• Fr
    Freeport, ill Oct 03, 2018

@Miss Davis I work for honeyhell also they control us like puppets havent had a holiday off all year now we are on mandatory overtime during week and sats, our new supervisors a child never has our back ...moral is way down everyone is disgusted on how we are being treated HR dont have our backs either keep us in the dark of whats really going on new temps everyday starting

• De
    Dean Dean Feb 06, 2015

I worked in Canada for many years and I must agree with all the above. It's just all about the bottom line - each department MUST make money or they will be shut down or transferred to India, China or Mexico, Yet if a Canadian department is steadily making money each year, they still shut it down in Canada & move to another country - one which has cheaper labor rates. As an employee, you can not stand up for your rights, you can not ask questions nor go to HR, , , you will be black listed and management will find any excuse to lay you off. Managers do not support their staff because they also fear for their jobs - although Honeywell seems to hire females and minorities just to look good on paper, in reality, it is very much "the big boys club" attitude with all managers.

• Ro
    Robert E Wright Jun 04, 2013

I was an employee of blount island for over 10 years.i was harrassed by management for 9 of the ten years they fired me for standing up for my rights.they have beat down the moral of the employee over the past 7 years liars and theifs if you wanna see wasteful government spending visit the blount island site they harrass andthreaten the employees jobs and livelyhood on a daily basis. Can you say lawsuit

• Su
    suz55 May 07, 2013

Was fired after 23 years of service, was told i abuse my vacation time because i use it to fast in the year. They get mad and treat you like a bad employee if you use it at the end of the year. A very sorry company to work for and we have no protection from H.R. I have never seen a place where H.R treats the employees the way they do and are so empowered.

HONEYWELLEATSYOUALIVE Apr 10, 2013

Honeywell, an International Company that is SELF INSURED. PLUS THE UP FRONT DEDUCTIBLE FOR MEDICAL COVERAGE IS OUTRAGEOUS. DO ANY OF US REALLY MAKE SIX FIGURES WORKING FOR THE COMPANY? I THINK NOT. SO HERE'S THE SCOOP, HAVE PAYROLL DEDUCTIONS TAKEN OUT OF YOUR CHECK EVERY PAY DAY. BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER, THERE'S THE UPFRONT DEDUCTIBLE FOR MEDICAL SO DON'T YOU THINK THIS IS DOUBLE DIPPING. YOU BET.

DON'T AGREE TO THEIR UPFRONT MEDICAL EXAM EITHER THAT THEY CLAIM IS FOR YOUR BENEFIT. IT IS ALL A BRIBE. GO GET YOUR PHYSICAL AND WE WILL PUT IN MONEY TOWARDS YOUR BENEFIT PLAN UP FRONT.

OK SO THEY GIVE YOUR PLAN 1500.00 BUT THEN THEY DO FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL CONDITIONS.

GOD FORBID YOU HAVE DIABETES... WATCH THAT BE DIAGNOSED, THEN WHEN LAY OFFS COME... YOU WILL BE GONE. WHY? BECAUSE THE COMPANY IS SELF INSURED AND YOU'VE JUST BECOME AN EXPENSE TO THE COMPANY.

LONG TERM AND SHORT TERM DISABILITY? ANOTHER THING. TRY TO USE IT AND WHAM... YOU'RE A LIABILITY.

AND IF YOU'RE UNFORTUNATE TO HAVE TO BE ON LONG TERM DISABILITY, THEY WILL FORCE YOU TO FILE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY AND ONCE YOU ARE GRANTED BENEFIT, THEY STOP PAYING AND THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO.

IT IS ALL A HOAX.

REMEMBER TO GET YOUR OWN LTD AND SHORT TERM DISABILITY OUTSIDE OF THE EMPLOYER. YOU ARE BETTER OFF AND THAT INCLUDES A LIFE POLICY.

honeywell915 Jun 10, 2011

I am an employee at the El Paso texas facilty where it seems to be the same issue!!! Taking advantage of there employees.

honeywellbeatendeadhorse Feb 24, 2011

ya think? but they are too stupid to realize that their own employees are screwing them back by performing like circus clowns.

• Ro
    RonaldStokes22 Aug 09, 2010

I work in Canada for Honeywell and they use the same scare tactics here. "Employees should be lucky to have jobs" is often heard and the same story is told about discussions of benefits, saying things are on hold until we figure out the future state.
    I believe that Honeywell has a secret agenda to drive out employees in order to hire contract employees for almost HALF the pay.
    HSA(Honeywell Secret Agenda) CHINA FOR HIRE.