ADVERTISIMENT

Hometown Buffetthe most humiliating event in our lives

Today, we had experience the most humiliating event in our lives. First, before I begin, I would like to add that we are honest people who will never jeopardize our integrity by skipping out on payment for the buffet line for a measly $13. Every Thanksgiving our family has held the tradition to have a lunch at Hometown Buffet. We were having a great time, catching up on each other's lives, since we only see each other 2 times a year. We were there on our third hour, so my brother, being a smoker, step out for a smoke. He came in, was about to drink a ocke when the store manager, Tracey Gradel, took hold of his cup and jacket and falsely accusing him at the top of her lungs that he did not pay and if he does not show proof at that moment that she would have to kick him out. Now everyone in the restaurant was doing the same thing we were doing, minding there own business and chatting with one another until she publicly humiliated our family by harassing and falsely accusing us. Since we were not able to find the receipt of that payment at that time, we asked her to check the register and she also added that they can check the camera to see if payment was done. She came back and said that it was not worth "it to do that for us" and that if we do not show proof of payment because of her laziness to investigate (I'm pretty sure that is included with job title) then they would have to kick us out. Frantically, we were looking for the receipt, we finally found it at the bottom of my sister-in-laws purse. We showed proof, yet there was no remorse for the false accusation she claimed. She was yelling at the top of her voice, and we do have eye witness of what she did. I really do need a reply back from higher management. I don't feel any conflict was resolved justly. I do think she needs to be reprimanded with her actions and undergo extensive "management" training. In addition I do feel we need to be compensated for the event that was lost this Thanksgiving day. There is a right way to approach customers that will not involve public humiliation and harassment. Webster dictionary defines harassment as "to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct 2: to worry and impede by repeated raids.

Frankly she did all this and quite more. All I'm asking is for a simple and just resolution to your customers.

• JKWilliams Apr 15, 2017

The receipt is to stay on your table or on your person during the time you are there. It's your ONLY proof you paid. You lost the receipt, and you paid the price. I suggest you apologize to that manager lady. She's only trying to run an honest business. If you can't cooperate, stay out.

• El
    Elvira pryor Aug 02, 2016

Well if this job is for Americans only, then get a job there and shut your mouth!

• Bd
    bdown310 Aug 02, 2016

All I know is that the Hometown Buffet in Hawthorne, CA off of 120th and Hawthorne Blvd accepts people with fake ID's and socials to work there and that is completely against the law with the state labor board. I think that hometown buffet should be investigated!! Those jobs are for the American people!!!

• Ta
    Tammie Parks Nov 16, 2011

My huaband and i were like the tenth customers we went when they first opend. First of all the cashier didn't know how to use a visa gift card. Second they have acondamint station was unsanitary .Then we take a seat there was a lot of food left from the night before all under the tables.The chairs were nasty and dirty the salt& pepper shakers were very nasty omg i am glad i didn't get sick. And they have a grade a in there window i think the health inspector need to be called .I will never eat at a hometown again

• Er
    Ericsepulveda Nov 05, 2009

I really hope that lady (the manager) got in some serious trouble for what she did. And on top of that, I hope Hometown gave some sort of ridiculous offer, like a year of Hometown Buffet for free. If they didn't I hope you and all of your friends never go there again.

Comment Guidelines