Homestars.caStay away from these guys

E

I don't believe the reviews on homestars.ca. I found one company with perfect 10 score and raving reviews that they are always on time. However, for me, they were a no show. I wasted time and money to make sure I was available and also got a sitter for my kids. I didn't get a call until almost 2 hours later.

Anyway, I tried to post my review but homestars will not post my honest experience because no exchange of money was made. It really makes me wonder how many reviews are real.

• Tr
    Troy transportation moving and storage Sep 30, 2014

i want my review put back up on Troy transportation moving and storage. This is Gina and John Tysick. This company is the worst . Lost, stolen, damages and over charging came to a sum of 38000 dollars. We are now in Civil Court with this company and would like to help other please call us and we can help [protected]. We will help you get this company once and for all. Caused great grieve and frustration for over two years. Gave you my invoice of this company why is my review taken off please put it back We moved from St. Catherine's to Saskatchewan with them
    Sincerely Gina and John Tysick

• Ha
    Habben Nov 27, 2012

Yes, homestars.ca is biased. I tried to post a bad review for a company but homestars.ca denied it for various unspecified reasons. If a company pays to be a homestars.ca member there is a high probability that only the good reviews get posted.

• bsharwood Apr 08, 2012

HomeStars won't post reviews without a transaction taking place. It's as frustrating to us as it is to you, but overall we've found that it improved the quality of the reviews, because we do verify the authenticity of some reviews and without some kind of backup that can be difficult. I definitely share your frustration about contractors not showing up and we, at HomeStars are working on some ideas to showcase these folks.

• Ha
    HarrisonHughes Mar 22, 2012

Try www.RateThatReno.com, they at least call the peoples customers via a phone call if they are being promoted by the site. That way you know its legit. You should also post a review of that company that was late on the site so that the truth actually comes out.