Having problems with HomeStars?

HomeStars reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 1, 2009. The latest review Braver Paving was posted on May 14, 2021. The latest complaint Snow removal was resolved on Dec 03, 2019. HomeStars has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 21 reviews. HomeStars has resolved 3 complaints.

HomeStars Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 488 0312 (Home Service Pros)
+1 855 569 0690 (Homeowners)
49 Spadina Ave. № 206
Toronto, Ontario
Canada - M5V2J1

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with HomeStars Customer Service. Initial HomeStars complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for HomeStars above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about HomeStars. Discuss the issues you have had with HomeStars and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

HomeStars Complaints & Reviews

HomestarsBraver Paving

Joe (Beaver paving) came by regarding my request for a quote. He gave me a quick estimate of $7000 - $9000 and told me to call him if I wanted to proceed and he will firm up the quote. Yesterday he came to firm up the quote and I was extremely shocked and disappointed. The quote is now $14, 800, with NO changes to my requirements. How can a quote for the same job double in under a week. I have received quotes under 12, 000 for this job but held out for Beaver's quote.
Joe now claims I have added requirements and the original quote did not include paving. All lies.

HomestarsMembership

We signed up in December for $160/month. Possibility to cancel if is not working and pay only 60%. Since December we received ZERO projects from them. ZERO!!!. Our company closed last month (my partner returned to Japan and I went back to my previous job). We sent many messages that we are not happy and they are talking our money and provide nothing in return, and we want out. NOBODY IS ANSWERING OUR QUESTIONS. It's so frustrating to lose so much money.

Membership

Feb 12, 2021

Home Stars — Lack of response, from Lisa, office manager of Richmond Hill co-op.

As an ex tenant of R/H.co-op of approximately twelve years ago I am trying to clear my name, of a fake claim...

Richmond Hill

HomestarsI recently had a bad experience with homestars over a bad experience I had with a company.

I recently had a bad experience with Homestars. CA over a bad experience I had with a company.

I wrote a negative review about a company that had many obvious fake positive reviews.

Homestars demanded I show them proof I was a customer of this company which would obviously void my anonymity and possibly start a lawsuit.

I was forced to refuse and they would not publish my negative review.

Is this how a company should handle negative reviews.

Do they do this with positive reviews of course not because nobody objects.

I think Homestars has it wrong and should fix their policy.

They even have an option to choose anonymity

HomestarsHomestars doesn't work as should be!

Im using HomeStars for last 8 months... we have 11 reviews 10stars, my score is 97%... a small job Less that CAD2000.00.

I spent over Cad1500.0 alredy, abd got a job less tgat 2000.00.

In kijiji or letgo, I had spend 16.00 montly, and got tons of clients... in my google business same... im my website I had got minimum 5 clients week...

I still trying Homestars, and I will give a last chance... but 197.00 monthly and get nothing back? Doesn't make any sense

Dec 03, 2019

Homestars — Snow removal

We hired what I believe was 5 star landscaping. We got the info from your website. I guy dropped by the...

Feb 05, 2019

Homestars — Reviews

Home Star allows fake post when I complained about it they said that I opened the site. Impossible I never...

HomestarsPremium service

I have been a contractor for over 35 years but our family owned business is 70 plus years old. Sometime over the last 12 months, home stars removed my business number. My other info is there but the key identifier is gone. My complaint is simple...you want all companies listed on your site to be a paying member. 6 years ago it was 60 bucks per month...now it's over two hundred. Where will it be in ten years. You need a minimum listing fee and a premium listing fee. Also the Verified action, which is only offered to premium customers has to be made to all contractors as where would you be without 60 percent of your contractor base. There is a lot more to you predatory business practices...but for another time.

HomestarsBuilding

Homestars is a company that allows reviews on their site that are not credible and let customers put untruth lies and personal attacks on employees .
            I have a company that has been wrongfully bullied by homestars and a spiteful customer for the past 5 years . I was told I could buy advertising with homestars and this may help. Allowing a customer to wrongfully call an employee a creep on their website is reckless and unprofessional . Homestars will not remove this comment to protect the rights of the reviewer . I have no issues with commenting on our customer service or quality of work but calling us liars and creeps that customers and our family can easily find on google by searching our business name is extremely hurtful and disgusting . Nancy Peterson Rodney price, Leslie andrachuk, David bounsall would find it nice to see your name and the word creep and liars beside it . You play with people's lives and it's unfair and immoral . PLEASE play fair and don't be bullies and allow bullies on your site You have ignored my calls and messages . If telling the truth about you on any website I can is the only way to warn people about your mafia way of running a business, I will .

Homestars — Homestars.com

Well Mr President of Homestars I see all over this site. Expect to hear from BBB as I am making a complaint...

HomestarsReview

I left a review on HomeStars website and they deleted it with no reason. It was a negative feedback in which I told about the bad experience I had. I contacted HomeStars customer service to find out what was wrong with my reviews and why it got erased. They said that it did not meet their standards.
              So I made some changes and posted a new one and it also was deleted. What a scam! They are deleting all the negative reviews on purpose! I would not recommend this website!

www.homestars.caThe mini excavator was with the defects

Awful services. I bought mini excavator from the company www.homestars.ca. I was so upset that the company misled me. I paid about $10, 000 for the order and its delivery, but it was waste of time and money. My mini excavator was with the defects and the seller hasn’t told me. He tried to persuade me that they could fix it, but it was terrible lie. Stay as far as possible from them.

HomestarsWant review removed

I have written numerous times to homestars and they ignored all my emails. I wrote a review for one of their contractors and did not know that they were going to publish my full name and review on their website. I asked them to remove this from their website. I35 received an email saying that they will remove my full name but this never happened. When I wrote to them again they did not respond.

• Ka
                      k anne Nov 01, 2017

Homestars are bullies and I wish more people would give them a taste of their own medicine on fb and elsewhere

Homestars.ca — Don't trust anything on this site

Don't trust anything on this site. They take fees from contractors and even allow them to erase their...

Homestars.com — It's all about the money

Homestars used to be a consumer advocate website generated by consumers. It is now driven by profits derived...

Homestars.ca — Stay away from these guys

I don't believe the reviews on homestars.ca. I found one company with perfect 10 score and raving...

Homestars.com — Scam

Bad Reviews are deleted for their paying advertisers, Contractors pay their customers for the good reviews or...

Homestars.com — Misleading website and its scam

His website www.Homestars.com claims to aid homeowners/business owners in the selection process for...

Nelson Diaz HomeStar Real Estate — Nelson Diaz / HomeStar Real Estate is a RIP OFF

Nelson Diaz Real Estate & HomeStar Real Estate www.NelsonDiaz.net & www.Shortsalemyeastvalehome.com is a RIP...

Homestars.com — Misleading website

his website claims to aid homeowners/business owners in the selection process for contractors who are...