Homeaway Online Vacation Rentals — nightmare rental
I rented what was advertised as a lovely vacation rental on homeaway.com. The site displayed beautiful photos. The fee was $1, 400.00 plus a $100.00 cleaning fee and a $500.00 security deposit. I arrived 30 minutes past check in and Corine Milne, the owner and her son were still there packing up their things.
The house was filthy, The chairs and couches were covered in cat fur.
The sink leaked, the bathrooms had not been cleaned. She was in the midst of renovating and that was never mentioned. There were large carpenter ants in the house, and a hornets' nest on the inside of the bedroom screen. Many windows could not be opened. The temps were in the high 90's all week! There were many safety issues. Many of the amenities listed were not provided. I could go on and on... According to the Board of Health the owner did not have the required Certificate of Occupancy. The Homeaway site is still featuring this woman, even though I have told them of these complaints and have sent them a slide show. The photos here just give you an idea. It seems my only option is to go to Small Claims Court. Not convenient when you live out of state.
More Homeaway Online Vacation Rentals Complaints & Reviews
- HomeAway.com - bad company
- Homeaway - worthless customer service
- HomeAway.com - rental listing services complaint
- HomeAway.com - stay as far away from this company as you can
- HomeAway.com - scammed
- Homeaway - service
- HomeAway.com - there is no customer service
- Homeaway - security deposit refund
- Homeaway - villa
- Homeaway, Koi Interiors - rent room has too many problems for unprofessional service. the room is unhygienic and unhealthy