HomeAdvisorcriminal on your site! michael fennell - the handyman

P Nov 30, 2018

We got the name of a handyman from the Home Advisor site. His name is Michael Fennell of Port Orange Florida. He was supposed to show up and didn't but finally showed up late in the dark on 11-23-18. He was supposed to install a bathroom fan (replace broken one). We bought the fan and he had no idea what he was doing. My husband had to tell him what to do. He spent 10 minutes doing almost nothing. Charged $150! Supposedly he has a flat rate of $150 for 2 1/2 hours work and was supposed to come back in the daytime to do a couple more small projects included in the price. He never showed up or called. I usually check criminal records but didn't in this case since he's supposed to be background checked! When I did look him up after the fact, he has a lengthy record and it's not for minor offenses! We are outraged that you recommend this criminal and we allowed him into our home! We also threw away $150! Your pre-checks obviously aren't very thorough.

Pat & Charlie Moore