Home Warranty of America (HWA)central air conditioner unethical behavior

M

The central air went out a few weeks after I purchased my house, which came with a warranty from home warranty of america. I contacted the company (cavin's air) and they had me work with an a/c company in the area. The company's owner (ray cavin) came to check out the unit and told me that it needed replacement. He said that all of the expense would not be covered and charged me $3600 to do the work. He took full payment, but never did finish the job. On the day he was supposed to complete the work, he called and said that there was an auto accident in one of his trucks. So, I backed off and gave him a couple of weeks time to get things straight. Well, needless to say, he never returned. I called mr. Cavin many times and left messages at his office and on his cell phone, but he never did return the calls. I also called and emailed home warranty of america to complain, but they were unresponsive. When I had some other work done in my attic a few months later, they discovered that my air unit was not sealed and was leaking large amounts of cold air into the attic. So, I had to go into my attic and finish sealing the unit myself.