Menu

P
Author of the complaint
6:21 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pretty much the same things everyone else who complains about them says. Being snared by their web offering a free ring for the cost of shipping and handling. Once they had our c-card number, they continued to send us unordered, unwanted jewelry items and charging them to our c-card without authoriation. We sent the items back to them with notes saying to cancel us out of their program. The latest is: today (08/09) we rec'd our c-card bill and there they are again (listed under HOM*GEN this time). They charged our credit card for diamond earrings on 08/01 - well before we even received the product which hasn't arrived at our door yet. Another thing they do is, after they send the unwanted item and charge your c-card for the jewelry plus shipping and handling - when they credit the returned item on your bill, they do NOT credit the shipping and handling charges. My next step is to report them to the Illinois BBB, the Federal Consumer Fraud Division, and to send a letter to the editor of their local Wood Dale Illinois newspaper and to contact the North American Fisherman magazine requesting they investigate the offers they include in their publication in the future.

Helpful? 0 0

More Holsted Jewelers complaints & reviews

Holsted Jewelers - Scam charges
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Holsted Jewelers - Free rings
Holsted Jewelers - Fraudulent Charge
Holsted Jewelers - Free ring offer - gift code 00010554
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Holsted Jewelers - refund credit
3 comments
P
Dec 17, 2014 6:21 am

They are a complete SCAM. They had my bank card information when they called and when I tried to tell them no and ask how did you have my bank card information they just talked faster and faster.
So as soon as I got off the phone I called my bank and has my bank card canceled.
Shame on this company for preying on people

S
Aug 23, 2013 6:21 am

I agree with everyone else my bill is sky high and I refuse to pay for items I sent back I don't have them Holsted Jewelers has them back and I wont pay for items i don't have.

W
Nov 10, 2011 6:21 am

They send a notice to be deleted from their list, but they still charging my account.
Cancelled my card and another company named; Direct Mail Center, 125 E Algonquin Rd., Arlington, IL 60005 Tel [protected]
then starts sending notes that my credit card company did not pay for an item that I have not requested.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

80 complaints