Holland and BarrettWorst customer service at store

S Review updated:

I bought “Organic Muesli” from this store, and while eating I found the fine sand kind of material in it, when I went to store to return the product I spoke tio the store manager and I am really sorry to say that the customer service at below store is very very bad, they are very very rude to the customers.

I am not happy the way the store manager argued with me, and he also had a tiff with another customer who was trying to explain my point. I am really sorry to say that they lost customers because of their rude behaviour with customers.

I suggest not to visit this store if you are looking for good customer service.

• Wh
    Wherearethemeatfreeporkpies Nov 02, 2020

Where are the Christmas meat free pies, I shop at the York Store and they have stopped supplying them now, Where are they?

• Fa
    Fatsoroundthewaist Mar 22, 2020

Have a word with Catherine at the store in Coney Street, if she is not available ask for Mike, they are both very good at sorting things out,

• Bu
    Builderonthejob Mar 18, 2020

What as happened to all the Veg pies and fillings, I used to go in each day at the York Store, but they have stopped selling them, PLEASE GET THEM BACK.

• Ar
    A.R.Smith Sep 28, 2018

Today Friday 28th September at around 2.30pm I visited Holland and Barrett store Torrevieja Spain and enquired about a product I had seen advertised in a magazine and newspaper.
    The staff member asked which newspaper I had seen this product to which I explained it was The Daily Mail. She responded by saying in an aggressive and loud manner that these products are English and they would not have it in Spain as the newspaper was also english and I had no hope of getting it in Spain. Her attitude was a disgrace considering I made my enquiry in a polite and friendly manner . As she ranted about the newspaper I raised my hand and said "ENOUGH" but as I left the shop I informed her that she needed to improve her customer service attitude. She responded by yelling at me as I walked along the passage in HABANERAS Shopping Centre. That was my first and last visit to that shop.

• Ar
    A.R.Smith Sep 28, 2018

@A.R.Smith The product I enquired about was DIDDO or DIDO for Bloating

• Tr
    trampsstreet Aug 29, 2018

Most of the tramps are camped out next to Holland and Barrett shop, it puts people off shopping in the store.
    They are always asking for change or food when you come out of the shop.

• Du
    dumpandsmell Aug 28, 2018

Yes I agree the main shopping street in York is a tented tramp village, with dogs, what a mess. The Council need to do something it puts people off shopping in this street.
    Even drunk tramps are asking for change when you get outside the railway station, York is be coming a heaven for tramps.

• Be
    Beggarsareus Aug 27, 2018

The Holland and Barrett shop in Coney Street, York, is full of tramps round this shop, it as also put me off shopping there, there appears now to be a tented village full of tramps and there dogs, all wanting food.

• Tr
    trampsareus Aug 26, 2018

Yes i have the same problem in Coney Street, York the tramps watch you go into the shop and if you buy food, they ask you for some. Stopped shopping in this streets, there are more tramps in doorways in this street then any other one, its a no go area.

• Be
    Beggers Believe Aug 23, 2018

Stopped shopping at the store in York, as the street is now full of begger's, and every time you go in the shop, they are outside the door wanting you to give food you have bought to them.
    The store next door is empty and they are full of them sleeping in the door way.

• Rm
    R. Marchant May 01, 2018

I wish I'd read these reviews before applying for a job at Holland and Barrett. The induction was more than enough for me, absurdly intense and stressful.
    I should have been paid for the day and got travel expenses but - despite e-mailing, telephoning and writing - I've not received a penny.
    I was a regular customer but I'd never shop there again. Appalling!

• Ki
    KittyB59 Mar 20, 2018

The Customer Service is appalling. I have sent 4 requests about linking my rewards for life account to my email address. I have not received one reply. I then rang over 10 days ago and was told they are behind with their messages. Very behind I would say or rather just can't be bothered. I was told that my accounts had been matched and that I would received £5 of points by way of an apology. Guess what! NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. My card is still not linked to my email address. Have just tried on -line chat. GUESS WHAT! No-one is there so 'please try again later'.

I won't bother. I shall take my custom elsewhere and will make sure that s many people as possible know how dreadful H&B are.

• Te
    terribleservice Dec 26, 2017

What a shambles Christmas and there were no large meat free pork pies in the shop, did the person who does the ordering were they on holiday.

• Te
    terribleservice Dec 26, 2017

Terrible service in store and especially online customer service !!! I am customer around 5 years or longer. recently did order on 10/02/17 on 15/02/17 I got email that is ready for collection but store was closed due to refurbishment so I was going there again on 23/02/17 And store was open but my order anywhere to be found so they told me to check in few days that is coming first class!!! Came again on 1/3/17 order is not there so between 23/02 and 1/03 I have been contacting customer service NO ANY ANSWER AT ALL... Is just horrible experience . I know that at the end if I contact my bank they will refund me but the point is that they treat customers like rubbish like why not at least answer and I did send more then 15 emails,

• Mi
    Mikelooksgreat Dec 26, 2017

Mike in the Coney street shop is fantasic, very helpful, a dancer looking for items to help people.
    He should be in the Holland and Barrett advertising, as he looks like a film star.

• Pi
    pissoffwiththiscompany Dec 21, 2017

Catherine and Katie are never in the York store now, its full of youngsters with no idea, bring back the old guard.

• On
    onthejob Aug 08, 2017

If you want any advice at the York store ask for Catherine she stands out from the rest of the staff 40 years experince.

• De
    Deborah Callaghan Jun 04, 2017

i went to an open day at holland and barrett where as far as i know they take no one on.
    I know this as the same jobs are advertised again and again and again .
    they gave everyone a 50 pound goody bag thoufh

• Va
    Vanishingshopstaff May 11, 2017

Have Holland and Barrett, cut the staff on the shop floor, went into the York branch the other day, there was only one person in the shop and he was on the till, IS THERE ANYONE THERE.

• Th
    Thelaxman Apr 05, 2017

I was very impressed with Charlotte in the City center store in York, she was very helpful and was keen to impress, not bad for a girl who looks like she as just left school. Keep up the good work.

• Ed
    Edna82yearsold Mar 22, 2017

I have read in these columns that a number of the younger staff, have received a lot of bad publicity, I shopped the other day in the large store in York city center, and I found Charlotte who looks like she as just left school, to be very helpful. I received a first class service from this younger person, and i am 82 years old.

Joemacadilly Mar 10, 2017

Went in to shop at Holland and Barrett, the shop is the latest flag ship store, could not ask anyone, because only one person was in the shop serving.
    What a shambles. Get some more staff on the floor.

• I went into the York store, and found MIKE, very helpful, he provided a first class service.

• Fi
    Firstclassmale Mar 08, 2017

Yes mike is very helpful in the york store, first class, he looked after me the other day when I was struggling to find an item.

First class, 10 out of 10. well done mike.

• St
    Stani Mar 02, 2017

Johnloyd Mar 02, 2017

Yes I agree with hilda, when you go into holland and barrett you need to find a senior member of staff, to ask questions about what you need, as the younger's do not have that knowledge,

I'm with hilda on this.

• Ba
    Barrygibbs Mar 01, 2017

I too agree with Hilda, it would be a good idea, if the shop put the photographs and names on a board with there experience, when they are in the shop, like an hotel does. So if the shop is full of younger's go another day.

• Gi
    Giffjones Mar 01, 2017

Hilda's got my vote as well, more senior staff on the shop floor.

• Pl
    Plonkerallday Mar 01, 2017

I agree with you Hilda, the Manager of the store, must have one senior member of staff on the shop floor at all times, not a shop full of younger's.

• I agree with you mo calvert, holland and barrett had two excellent members of staff in there york city branch, catherine and katie they had lots of knowledge of the products they sell. the other day I purchased some herbs and the young lad at the till said, you can have any of the herbs on the counter for a £1, when I said what are they for, he replied, I have not got a clue, I have been told to try and off load them.

Get catherine and katie back on the shop floor instead of all these younger's.

Hilda over 80 years old,

• Mo
    MoCavert Feb 22, 2017

I shopped at holland and barrett on tuesday, in york, and I was looked after by a young shop assn't called mike, he was very helpful and polite, and nothing was too much for him. I am an older person and I like advice before making a decision, give the youngsters a chance every one needs to learn.

Mike was first class, a credit to the store.

• He
    helpwantedfortheshop Feb 22, 2017

I have been a customer for many years at Holland and Barrett, and I have noticed a lot of changes, i shop at the branch in York. A few years ago they had a smaller shop, where you knew the staff very well, and you got personal service. Now at the new larger store i do not know any of the staff it is full of younger's, who do not give you the personal service. When I asked one of them yesterday for a product i have used for years, she did not have a clue, she had to find an older lady. I know these younger's have to learn the trade but us 80 year old like to see an older person, with knowledge, that can give you good advice.
    The Manager needs to have some person on the shop floor who can give you good advice, not a shop full of younger's.

• Bi
    BillyBragg Feb 20, 2017

The problem with the Holland and Barrett stores, they are growing very big, and they are filling the store with young people that are paid peanuts, and its a stepping stone to find a better job, so they do not care. You need a few older members of staff on the shop floor.
    That's the problem now shops do not employ older people.

• At
    A Team Jan 28, 2017

£1.69 for one Scotch egg, in Tesco you can get a packet containing 5 for this price. CUT YOUR PRICES.

• At
    A Team Jan 28, 2017

I agree manikins would be better in the eldon street store in newcastle, the staff are very rude, childish and not very helpful.

I think holland and barrett need to call in the a-team, if you can find them, and hire them call in the a-team.

• Us
    Uslessstaff Jan 27, 2017

Yes you are right about the newcastle store, the staff are useless.

• Us
    Uslessstaff Jan 27, 2017

Will not be shopping at the holland and barrett store in newcastle upon tyne, in eldon street, the staff are useless, you will get better service and advice staffing the shop with manikins.

• Ri
    RipOff_ Jan 18, 2017

Been a customer for a few years but they've gone downhill recently. Rude, childish, #####y and unprofessional female staff members in their Newcastle upon Tyne Eldon Square store (they over hire there with about 10 staff members and most of them standing around gossiping at any time). No response from them several weeks after emailing, I called and was put on hold for 30 mins only for the caller to be taking another call at the same time and hang up!

Finally got through on Facebook only to be told that they would speak to the area manager with no response guaranteed (and no apology for the mobile credit I wasted called them!). Piss poor customer service. Hilarious how a company can't spend on basic training here, but can over-hire clearly unsuitable and rude employees for a store!

• Su
    Suncomment Jan 05, 2017

Went into Holland and Barrett, in Coney Street, York, Whilst i was purchasing some items, the young lad who was serving said as you have purchased some tme from us, you can have any of the herbs on the counter for a £1. When i asked what they were for he said, no idea i have been told to tell people that. Too many young people in this store, Bring back the senior staff, Until the young ones are fully trained they need to be out of the shop floor.

• Su
    Suncomment Jan 05, 2017

Comments

ChudComplainer Dec 19, 2016

I thought waiter. I thought haircut.