Holborn Assets– disgraced banker orchestrated bluestone jewellery scam

I met Syeda Al Iqtadar at Dubai Womens Council event. She told me she worked for an Insurance company, Holborn Assets, but was also an entrepreneur. We met again at a party organised by Habtoor and then we became friends and started socialising together.

Some 6 months into our friendship I was sent an email asking if I was interested in quality designer jewellery and she attached various photos of a ‘Fancy yellow diamond ring / Fancy pink diamond /Pair of fancy pink pear shaped diamonds /Fancy pink heart shaped diamond / Fancy blue pear shaped diamond Fancy sapphire and diamond ring’.

The email also stated that ‘the company who was selling these items also supplied stones to Graff, Harry Winston and Cartier amongst others. And that they do not have the overheads that other companies have and buy stones directly from the cutters and polishers hence cutting out all the middle parties. Prices are less than half the prices the pieces would be available at Graff etc and with higher quality of stones and workmanship ( stones can be set into jewellery at clients request)’

I was told that I could inspect the pieces at a lavish evening reception at the Ritz and I agreed to attend.

On the day of the event I received a phone call and Syeda disclosed to me that she was in fact a partner in the jewellery company who was organising the event. She told me the company was called Bluestone Jewellery. Syeda went on to say that her fellow partner, Daniele Tamman, had to leave Dubai urgently because his wife was very ill and therefore the event had to be cancelled.

I was disappointed at this news as I had also arranged six other friends to come along and also because I was really interested in the fancy pink diamond and wanted to see it.

Syeda said it was not possible but agreed to show me later that evening at my home.

When she arrived later that evening I was told that she did not have the fancy pink diamond piece because the Insurance specifically stated that a security guard had to be available at all viewings and that she could not arrange one at short notice. However she said that given I was her good friend she would give me a special discount if she agreed to pay for it today in cash .

Foolishly I agreed and gave her 150, 000 dhirams in cash. She said I would have my diamond the next day.

The very next day she phoned to say that she had to travel urgently and to wait a couple of days for my diamond.

On her return I was told that the diamond had mistakenly been sent back to Switzerland together with the other item. She apologised and asked that I bare with her a few days

The days came and went, me and Syeda spoke more or less every day and after 2 months of endless promises and excuse after excuse it dawned on me that I had been scammed. There was no diamond !!

I couldn’t stop blaming myself. I threatened to report her to the police but because she insisted I paid cash, I had no proof of payment. I got another friend involved but nothing came of it. She denied ever receiving any money from me.

I wrote to Daniele Tamman but never received a reply. I am not sure whether or not he is involved ?

Subsequently I found out that she was a disgraced and bankrupt banker who fled from the UK because she was involved in a million pound bank fraud.

Looking at the other feeds on this site, I now know how devious, conning and dishonest of a lady she is.

According to the other stories, Holborn Assets who employ her are aware of her background but still continue to employ her. God knows why but I am sure they will soon become her victims and will regret ever meeting her just like I did. Nobody is her friend.