Hilton Grand Vacations ClubGifting bait n switch

M Sep 13, 2020

Hi I purchased a 5/4 package for Las Vegas and it was cancelled due to Covid19. I have been receiving emails with extra perks for me to travel by a certain timeframe. I was told I would be getting the following - 1. 25,000 point 2. $100.00 guest experience Dollars and Royal Caribbean Certificate. I called and spoke with Leah to get a different tour time because they scheduled me on the last night of the stay. Me and her talked and I expressed how happy I was about the gifting and the great deal it was. Se then told me that I was only getting the points and the $! 00.00 guest dollars. I told her I have proof and she asked me to email it to her. She seen it and then placed me on hold for a while. She was trying to get me to take advantage of something to replace the Royal Cert. The things she offered didn't make sense. I asked her to not change the package and to leave it the same as is and I would like to get a call from someone about it this! She apologized and stated that she was going to give me extra dollars and 10, 000 more points as a courtesy. I advised her that at no point am I taking this in lieu of that Royal Cert. I asked was the call being recorded and I made that statement plenty of times to ensure I was being heard that I didn't to change my gifting! I am not happy about this at all! She told me that it was most likely and error! I stated to her that as a consumer, we are the ones that are right in this case, especially when we have proof. Its the as going to the grocery store and seeing an item marked down and it shouldn't, they give you the lower pricing! SO after over 30 minutes with Leah Curry, we ended the call. I called back and spoke with Sandy who was amazing! She advised that a manager would be calling me after she escalated the call after she got the email I sent to her as well showing the gifting. She was stunned when she seen it. We both noticed that the previous rep had gone in a changed to gifting form the original gifting. I told her that's not right! Sandy told me "The customer is always Right!" And from that statement its admitting fault. I was looking forward to learning about our Timeshare because me and my children travel so much with Hilton. If I'm going to be treated like this then why on earth would I want to but into your TimeShare product. Listen, I am asking you to make things right and honor the gifting that I was promised! I can provide full documentation of what was sent to me as but Leah and Sandy have copies of the gifting via their Hilton grand Vacation emails. I am asking that someone please call me in reference to this matter at hand! I am scheduled to take advantage of this package and tour in 2 weeks. Please listen to both calls that I made on 09-11-2020 with Leah and Sandy! I have the emails saved! I also have the gifting that was there before Leah went in and changed it. And that wasn't the right thing to do at all! Please contact me! I feel like I have been part of the old "Bait N Switch". I am prepared to have my attorney look into this matter for possible violations. However, I rather allow HGV the opportunity to make this right and provide the gifting that I was supposed to get. 1-25, 000 Hilton Honor points 2.$100.00 guest experience Dollars. 3. Royal Caribbean Certificate. Having a potential buyer going into a sales presentation upset, isn't the right thing to do. Its not fair to the sales rep nor myself! Thank you in advance! I can be reached at anytime. I wrote this to them and yet I haven't heard back from them! My confirmation number is [protected]

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Sep 13, 2020

You specify a "Royal Caribbean certificate" but fail to show what you might expect this certificate to be for. It would seem that ask they would need is offer you something extremely less valuable that simply had a Royal Caribbean logo on it, like a keychain, and they would have fulfilled the offer even as you have outlined.