Complaints & Reviews

Hp repair center
45225 northport ct
Fremont ca [protected]

Complaint description:
I have two notebook pc's that were in perfect condition. i decided to put a fresh install of windows vista on both notebooks by pressing the "f11" key which is system restore. both computers would not enter the system restore because the software was corrupt due to hp. i placed an order for a set of restore disks for both pc's. i received the restore disks today monday august 10, 2009. when i placed the restore disks in the systems both computers came up with a blue screen stating "irq equal or less" now both systems were working fine but as i previously stated i wanted to put a fresh install of vista on the computers because after time the systems need a fresh install. i contacted hp support and the customer service reps stated that i would have to pay 800 dollars for the two notebooks because it is a hardware issue with the bios. both systems were working fine until the restore disks were placed in the systems. one system is under a warranty replacement because hp recognized that there was an issue with this computer. the other was in perfect condition but i figured id place a fresh install on this computer as well. the customer service representative wouldnt work with me to correct the issue that was caused by the restore disks. notebook 1: hp pavilion dv6775us - entertainment notebook serial number: cnf7607ylx p/n: kc412ua#aba issue: restore disks caused an error to computer and now i am unable to use this pc when it was in perfectly working condition before the restore disk was inserted notebook 2: hp pavilion notebook dv2310us serial number: 2ce7102z4v p/n: rv322ua#aba issue: this computer was sent in to hp repair and the motherboard was replaced due to hp recalling notebook because they had many customers with the issues. this was less than a year ago and i had to constantly contact hp to ensure that this notebook was fixed. now i tried doing a fresh install on the notebook pc and i am told that there is a hardware issue with this pc as well. restore disk order information order date: 08/07/09 order number: wvb11901 part: vista premium recovery kit total cost: 16.15

Your desired resolution:
I would like both notebook pc's to be shipped and diagnosed on behalf of hp. i own over 7 notebooks with hp and have had nothing but poor customer service with any issues that have ever arised. i would like a fresh install of vista to be placed on both notebooks courtesy of hp because this issues were caused by their restore disks and i would like an apology from hewlett packard. i would also like the cost of both restore disks credited back to my account as this has been one hassle after another

• Da
      David Nov 23, 2008

OH MY GOD!!! Hewlett Packard should be sued for allowing such a customer support system to be in place. It was by far the most inefficient, painful process I have dealt with in customer support. After ordering a disk I did not end up needing, I called back two hours after placing the order to ask that it be canceled. After three transfers, I was told by the operator that it was canceled.

Alas, three days later I received the disk and I was indeed charged for it. After bracing myself to call back for a refund, for numerous more transfers and talking to people who speak poor english, I was transferred an astounding 8 times!! In the end, I hung up in frustration and let them keep the money. If you place an online order, consider ALL SALES FINAL!!

• Ba
      Barbara Pearlman Mar 16, 2009

I have been spoken to rudely, lied to, been disconnected ( on 5 occasions), and have not been connected to the department or person I have requested.

It is just about impossible to speak with anyone in the UNITED STATES. You either get connected to someone in India or the Philipines. They don't seem to be concerned about you reporting them for slow, inept or rude service since you'll only succeed in speaking to yet another service person in either of the two countries mentioned.

I have been an HP customer for over 30 years. I have never owned a printer made by any other company, and I must say their products are excellent. I have never required any repairs on any of their products, and I have had the same printers for as long as 15 years, but their so-called service arrangements are terrible and frustrating.

• Bi
      Bill Anton Apr 11, 2009

I have a four year old hewlett packard desktop. After several "errors" and lost data I finally reported the problem to Microsoft. They said that the fault was with the HP keyboard and advised getting the latest download. After a couple failed attempts on the HP website I finally found the keyboard driver update. For XP. As they guard their email address I was not able to contact them for the fix. I have owned two previous HP desktops and one of their printers. As a result of this runaround it is highly unlikely that I will ever purchase another HP product.

• Mo
      MOHAMMADJULIAS Aug 24, 2009

I BOUT HP NOTBOOK AND THROUGH IT ON THE GROUND AND IT NO WORK AGAIN I FIND A CUSTOMER SUPPORT NUMBER AND I SCREAM AT LADY SHE HANG UP ON ME THEN I GO TO HER HOUSE AND SLAHS HER TIRES PLAIN TICKET TO INDIA VERY EXPNSIVE

• Rh
      RHN Oct 26, 2009

I have also had issues with HP service. I sent a notebook in for a loose mousepad key, which should've been covered under warranty. After receiving the laptop, HP called me to say the notebook was damaged and that it cannot be covered under warranty, but that they would fix it for $322. I told them not to fix it and to send the laptop back, as is. Well, I got the laptop back with damage that was not there befor I shipped it out to them. I guess now they really can say it was damaged and I have no proof that it was not. I'm furious. I will never buy HP products again.

• Sp
      Spiseman Nov 04, 2009

HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS

I bought 2 HP Pavilion Laptops and one of them was giving software (OS) problem from the beginning. I sent the laptop to HP to re-image. Even after re-imaging the laptop (OS) didn't work after a while. Looks like they put corrupted OS again. I had a original HP recovery DVD that I bought from HP which did not the do the job either. Every time I try to recover and restart it goes to recover mode again. When I called the HP Support they said it is Motherboard issue and they asked me to pay $400.00 to fix the issue. I performed hardware tests many times and all the tests passed. To double confirm my tests I approached a local computer store they also did hardware test and everything passed. They said it is the problem with the HP original recovery CD and all I need to do is re-image the system.

When I called the HP support to send the OS CD they said they cannot send the original OS CD because it is not their policy to send the OS CD. I asked the customer support rep and supervisor that when I bought this laptop I also bought license for the OS so why he cannot send the OS CD again. He said he cannot send the original OS CD but I can only buy the OS recovery CD again from them. When I said I already own a recovery CD from HP and it is not working then he said I need to send the laptop to HP and I need to pay more than $100 bucks to re-image the laptop. From this I understood that HP rips of their customers big time.

I also own couple of Dell laptops. Dell send all the necessary CDs (OS, Drivers, etc) along with purchase of system. Also their customer support is very good unlike HP.

I am a software 10 years and did hardware job for 5 years. I contacted HP multiple times in last three days to fix this issue. All HP tried to do is rip my wallet for a simple OS problem. Imagine a person who buys a HP computer without computer knowledge??

Beware of HP and their sucking support!!!

HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS *** HP SUCKS

• Cw
      cwall_99 Feb 03, 2010

Bought an HP laptop 2/2/09. On 2/3/10 the caps lock key popped off. Called HP. They said it was out of warranty. I said, "1 day out of warranty... over a caps lock key? Are you kidding me?" They said "No. Even one hour out of warranty is out of warranty."
      My issue combined with all the others that I see out there - Why is HP still in business with customer service like this??? How can our complaints be heard? How can we get compensated for this bull****??? It is not right! I fully intend on spreading the word. At least I will feel a little better if I can keep others from buying from HP.

• Ih
      ihatehp Feb 24, 2010

Your best weapon is to tell everyone you know...word of mouth by consumers. If enough people are spreading the word, and HP continues to make products with sub-par hardware, eventually there will be an effect. The laptops are only one division of their market products, but if you can prevent others from suffering...

My laptop hardware failed within months of my purchase and of course, was not covered by their warranty. They use cheap parts to make the laptops and charge outrageous fees to fix them so they can cross-sell you their "protection plan." They need to be stopped, it's out of control. I've always used Sony products before. While their products are proprietary, their laptops last for 5+ years (more than enough time until your next purchase). I should have stuck to what I knew was a good product and not just some ad campaign fluff. My HP laptop, which is not even a year old, already has damages on it made by their repair shop. Ugh!

HP SUCKS!!!

• St
      stinkywiselteets Mar 09, 2010

I own an HP slimline PC. The fan in the power supply stopped working. So I needed the power supply replaced, it was still under warranty. Seems like a pretty easy fix? They send me a box to ship it back to them, and no sooner than they get it, it is returned and they say there is nothing wrong! I then file a complaint, which was not easy by the way, and I get a call from a case manager who says he'll fix the problem. So they send me another box, and FedEx looses the box in Tennessee. It takes about a month to even get someone at HP to help me. I finally get the same case manager that tried helping me before. He sends out a third box to me which I did get, and returned the PC back to HP to have the power supply replaced. I even put a note inside with the PC stating that the power supply needed to be replaced and to call me before shipping it back! Well guess what? The did not call me and they returned the PC back to me with the same power supply.They never touched the power supply because the fan still does not run, but they did however replace the CPU because it overheated and caused some damage!
      I called the case manager back and discussed the issue with him. I had to ask him why they replaced the CPU and not the Power Supply. He said the CPU had been damaged due to overheating! I explained to him the issue with the power supply fan not working and asked, "would this cause the CPU to overheat"? Dumbfounded, he replied "Yes"! So now I'm back to square one! He then proceeded to issue a fourth box to me and told me now my warranty was out, but they will fix this issue for me one last time.(Two months and they have not fixed a thing).
      When the box arrived at my house, the work order stated that the problem was: Excessive fan noise! I gave up on HP at that moment. I shipped the box back with a brick in it. Haven't heard a word.

Hewlett Packard / Laptopwill not honor warranty

I bought a HP laptop in April and keep crash for the last few weeks. I sent it in for repair and the customer service rep at HP said his tech said I spilled liquid on the keyboard and it would cost over $300 to fix. I did not spill anything, infact, I only use a dry cloth to clean my laptop. I told them I would never buy a HP PRODUCT AGAIN> Addionally, I have a HP printer less than a year old and I keep getting a message now, printer cartridge installed wrong, it is not and I have done all the trouble shooting steps. I guess I spilled something on that too, even though it is under my desk.

• Wm
        wmsuttonjr Sep 05, 2009

Computer crashed. Was advised Hewlett Packard was award of faulty hardware. Called for service and was informed I was out of warranty and the company extended warranty had also expired. Was informed I never registered the computer at purchase, however they had all of my personal information in their file, including the date of purchase. Was told that I could not get the free repairs, however they would be pleased to correct the problem they created for a little over $500.00. When I told them no, suddenly the offer dropped to $250.00. Will never deal with these folks again and will make sure others know about them. It'll cost them a lot more than what it would have cost to stand behind their product and repair my laptop.

• Dl
        dlcamp2001 Feb 15, 2010

That is amazing. I too bought an HP G series laptop. After about 4 months it just wouldn't come on so I called tech support. I noticed that the back was running hot sometimes. I thought maybe a motor or something had burned out. They sent me a box to send it back in.

A week or so later I got a call from them saying that liquid had been spilled all over the LCD and the keyboard. I told them that was untrue and I had never done any such thing. They gave me a "case worker" who e-mailed me pictures of what they said was my laptop.

I was shocked at the pictures. The first one showed an LCD screen with a vertical line through the center of it. There was also a "triangular" image in the right bottom corner and what looked to me like white powder smugges on the frame. The other two pictures were of the keyboard and I couldn't tell any difference.

Bottom line was they said I had spilled something all over the laptop and they would not fix it.

Lies, lies, lies!!!

Never will I buy an HP product again! Never! They do not honor their warranty. Whatever pictures they showed me they were not of the laptop that I sent them. I asked the case worker to check the serial number and see if it was the one I sent them. See said it was.

I should have bought another Toshiba Satellite.

Hp Slimline Pavilion 3120defective windows installation

I bought 2 slimlines for my daughters. Both shipped with Vista Home, NO downgrade kit to XP.
      After 1 year, first pc still running but terribly slow.
      After 5 months 2nd pc started playing 'hide the window' or 'I dont want to close any windows'.
      Slowly the functions began to stop one by one.
      As I couldnt install Office 2000 pro, I was forced either to buy again (no thank you) or load Open Office which we did.
      I still have a full set of Office 2000 pro licenses unused (since the originating pc's were cleaned up before disposal.
      I took the 2nd pc to the shop who sold it, "sorry has to go to service department", some time later, about 1 month, pc returned, not fixed. I apparently invalidated warranty by not using recommended software or removing time trial Norton, substituting with much stronger protection.
      So I find a nice guy in a computer shop and ask if he can help and load xp. 3 dats later - 'No we cant, the bios is locked only to Vista', but installed new disk with fresh Vista, which allows IE6, to run but not Firefox (considerably more safe), he managed to install Open Office, but it will not install anything else ("Windows found a problem"), oh how Microsoft and HP have ganged up on us lately.
      I have posted my experience on our internal website, warning people NOT to buy HP products or to ensure they have a downgrade kit.
      I am looking for a replacement mini motherboard to fit in the case that has an upgradeable bios and not Intel/Microsoft dependent.
      Strangley I bought 3 hp netbooks in the last year and 2 are in use constantly and are perfect (both running xp).
      From my own sources (sorry cant name as they would get flooded), I understand that the original slimline had xp running fine (influencing my decision to buy these lemns), but they seemingly didnt do much to upgrade the hardware to satisfy the demands of Vista.
      I went to another pc shop afterwards and they were consoling by saying they havent sold 1 vista pc this year, all customers are refusing to take them, or insist on choosing pcs that are downgradable.
      If XP is so much poorer than Visat, why is that all business software demand XP Pro? All business laptops are running XP pro, so why (retoric question to HP/Compaq and any other "muppet" computer manufacturer) go that route because of uncle Bill's 'I have a dream' of ruining everyones experience on pc's while charging a fortune for the privelage?
      My French colleague who runs a Mac notebook laughs at the antics, and I have to say its looking pretty smart to go that route myself.
      Over the years I have influenced the purchase of severeal Compaq server (clusters and standalones) and insisted on myself in the last 15 years to buy only Compaq (at one time having a cluster of 5 networked at home) . Sorry to say but since the merger with HP its gone teats up, quality has declined below that of Dell, who I previously thought of being the US equivelent of Amstrad.
      Now I understand that HP will ship with windows 7. Oh what glee, had I bought all the Vista software I would have the pleasure of spending even more on the next bag of tricks.
      Like Microsoft, HP has lost the plot, and my vote with it, maybe not something tt cry over, but I hasten to add I have access to over 100, 000 users.
      Wake up HP, some of us home users are also people in management in our day jobs...

• Ni
          nicholeibarra Apr 16, 2010

My bf had bought an hp slimline s3700f model not to long ago when circuit city was going out of business. we were all happy until we went to go turn on the computer one day and found out it wasnt turning on. So we took it to best buy to get a diagnostics ran on it the guy said it was just the power supply so i bought the power supply part off of ebay thinking thats it. Nope the guy I took it to to install it said the motherboard wasnt working and our warranty was up a month before this happen. Now I have a power supply thats not only faultybut the motherboard is too If I would have only known about this before hand I wouldnt have bought an hp. You'd think with all the complaints thats going around on the internet we would be able to do something about it and take it to the courts or something for The HP Companies putting their products out on the shelves that are Defaults.

Hp Pavillion Dv 9413cl Laptopwarranty

Dear sir,
        While staying in the us in 2007, I bought an hp dv9000 series laptop product number :ga358ua, serial number :cnf7245sjb from
        Costco.com, cleveland ohio. The laptop has had hardware failure 2 times since purchase, and has been provided excellent service in india by hp service centres (Rt outsourcing services, dehradun) in terms of replacement of parts (Motherboard, to be specific).
        The international warranty for the said laptop as per the hp.com website (Http://h10025. Www1. Hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weresults?Tmp_wecountry=in&tmp_weserial=cnf7245sjb&tmp_weproduct=ga358ua&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&tmp_track_link=ot_we%2fsubmit%2fen_in%2fentitlement%2floc%3a0) , is only till august 03, 2009; instead of october 21, 2009, as it should have been as per the costco policy, and it is about to expire in a few days. This is an error on behalf of both costo and hp, which needs to be corrected. I would request hp to get this error in the validity of warranty corrected as soon as possible, so that I get full benefit of this purchase.
        I urgently need to buy a carepack for the same. The local hp service centre has failed to give a satisfactory solution to the problem.
        Shivanand k s, technical support engineer - hp e-solutions, hpsupport_global [[protected]@g5u0677c. Atlanta. Hp.com] has mentioned in email that the requested model is not supported in india. Although I did not expect such a reply from a company like hp, that hp no longer wishes to support warranty for my said laptop, which was being supported very well in india - for almost 2 years!
        It appears that there is disharmony between hp-india, hp-global and hp-usa, which I do not expect from a company like hp.
        In such a scenario, if I need service after expiry of the warranty-clubbed-with-sale, does hp expect this client to travel to the us to get a service for this laptop?

Dr sanjay dvivedi m. S. , m. Ch.
        Professor & head, department of plastic surgery
        Director, smile train project, himalayan institute of medical sciences
        Jolly grant, dehradun 248140 india
        Email [protected]@hotmail.com, tel +91 [protected]

HP — poor product / poor service

I purchaesd a Hp laptop on3/27/09 . 3m0. later a black spot showed up on screen, then the whole screen went...

HPregarding very bad experience of product and service centers

sir,
          i want to register a complaint regarding bad experience against your company HP, as i have purchase a laptop( 5630s) on 08.07.09, after using one week i found that the left speaker, and some keys of laptop are not working, after one week on 16.07.09 i make contact with service centre addressed "IInd floor, dayal chamber, 3 way road opp. krishi bhavan, ram moahn rai marg, lucknow- 226001, PHONE NO. [protected]/4051005". They were committed me to give my laptop back after repair on monday 20.07.09, but since monday to till now i am contacting to service center, and i also visit number of day but, they are not repair my laptop, they are making number of excuses from monday.
          so i have request to you please help me, and solve my problem so that i will able to make my believe on HP.

THANKS YOUR CUSTOMER
          Santosh kumar
          12/531 indira nagar lucknow
          contact no. [protected] complaint no. on service centere- RHP- 3774

Hp Nx6125 (Notebook Computer)customer service horror story

I have an HP notebook computer covered under extended warranty, which my business depends on. I have never experienced such poor support with any product as I have with this computer. We have spent well over 100 hours dealing with HP and its representatives and repeatedly reinstalling our software and data, only to have it fail again. And, months later, I still don't have a working computer.

In early 2009, the computer started experiencing problems, which got steadily worse--to the point where it began shutting itself off while on AC power. Our warranty covers support at a local HP-authorized repair shop, so we took it to one. Over several visits, they replaced the motherboard, CPU, and heat sink. The last step solved the shut-down problem, but they also identified a hard drive problem. By then they had lost so much money trying to fix the computer that they told us never to come back.

So we called HP, which sent us a new hard drive. After we got everything reinstalled, the computer started blue-screening and also developed intermittent booting problems. Eventually, it wouldn't boot at all.

We called HP, which sent us another hard drive. That did get it to boot, but the bluescreens and bootup problems soon returned and got worse over time. Soon we again had a computer that wouldn't boot.

HP then insisted that we had to send it in to them, even though we had paid for local service. Since we had no other options, on July 2 we sent it in. When we got it back a few days later, we found that all they had done was to wipe the hard drive and reload Windows. It still wouldn't boot.

We called again, were told the problem would be escalated to a higher level, and waited for the next box to arrive. However, they sent the box to our old address, which we had left 9 months ago! Clearly, they had the new address, because the first box had arrived correctly. When we called to find out why we hadn't gotten the box and learned what they had done, we asked them to remove the old address from their records. But they said they couldn't do that. (How can that be?)

We got another box and sent the computer back. When it came back, we learned that all they did was replace the hard drive (that's the 4th hard drive, if you're counting). Yes, I could spend endless hours again reinstalling my programs and data--but if all previous hard drive replacements didn't solve the problem, why should I expect this one to? And yes, they claim to have "tested" it--but supposedly they had tested it the first time they sent it back. Besides, the blue-screen and bootup problems don't happen right away: they start appearing a few days later and get worse over time. So, given that the hard drive replacement is the only fix they made, and it hasn't solved the problem any of the previous times, I am not inclined to put in endless more hours getting my programs and data back on the system, only to have it fail again.

My business has suffered terribly due to being without my computer for several weeks, not to mention all the time we've lost reinstalling programs and data on what basically is a computer that can't be fixed. I asked HP if they could send me a new computer, but was told that wasn't possible, because it's past the first year of ownership.

I called their corporate number and asked to speak to someone in the president's office. Instead, I was routed to their "Executive Customer Service" department. The person I spoke with there told me I could expect a call back "in 24 to 48 hours." I'm still waiting.

Hp Home Storehorrible

It took me an entire week to finally settle on a laptop from HP

So i decided to shop from the company itself ... big mistake!!!

I live OUTSIDE of the US. I didnot know that HP has a no accept orders policey from outside of the US.

The site was easy to get around. I was able to customized my laptop - which was a plus, get a $150 rebate, an additional 30.00 plus free shipping!

I entered my cc number along with a US billing address, to be shipped to a US address where I would pick it up during my vacation. After pressing the submit button... I got a notice saying... sorry we are unable to accept your order.

Wondering what went wrong... I contacted my bank who told me that hp had rec'd the approval code. So here was my dilemma - almost $800 was on hold from my bank (they can take my word that i would not be receiving the merchandise)- and i would not be getting the laptop. So i tried to call HP- but all called originating outside of the US are BLOCKED - great for a company who claims to be global.

So i got on live chat and spoke with a representative - and thus the nightmare intensified. I tried to explained to the agent that I needed an e-mail from the company stating that the order was not going to be filled- the Bank needed proof that they would not be billed for a laptop.

I got scripted responses that did not address the problem at ALL - I was given phone numbers to call - that were not going to go through because of my location. I keep insisting that ALL I needed from the company was an e-mail so that my bank would release my funds - To no avail.

It is obvious that HP are not hiring intelligent personnel to speak with customers. To date this matter has not been resolved.

Hewlett Packard — hp plasma lawsuit

We bought this HP PL4260N TV on September 3, 2006 at a Best Buy in Denton, Texas. On Tuesday, July 14th...

Hp / Hp Pavilion Dv2000replacement

Company information:
                HP India
                India
                www.hp.com

WOT IS HP LAPTOP LIFE IS IT 1 MONTH OR 6 MONTH????????

I had purchased a HP Pavilion notebook (model no. dv2000) for about 58K INR 3 years back.

After one Month of my purchase of Hp laptop it start creating prob... in hanging, mouse pad and key pad prob.. i visit many time to service centre in Ludhiana city many times but my problem gets linger on and on, still i had same problem wot shud i do now, , shall i go for greavence cell or customer court.
                HP laptop give me hell lot of pains, every time service centre said me your Laptop get ok after installing window and after getting service on time but still i am in such a prob.

This time i want my laptop get repaired whitout any cost or it sud be replaced other i am gonna file a suit a case againt HP.
                Give back soluction of my complaint ASAP.
                This is my last mail to HP after i ll knock door of court

Regards
                Rishabh
                [protected]
                sethi.[protected]@gmail.com

Hewlett - Packard Recall Model DVD6000system burns out in two-yrs (ironically shortly after the warranty expire)

Dear Sir or Madam:

As a loyal HP customer, I bought a HP lab-top [Dvd pavilion 6000] about two years ago thinking I was set for a good 3 or 4 years, and boy was I so wrong.

The nice looking HP worked great for two years until it suddenly died on 7/12/09, with no previous symptoms/indicators, it will no longer boot up, it powers up, lights turn on, but the screen stays black.

I became very agitated because the warranty expired so I started searching the internet for solutions. However, I found that thousands of HP lab-tops are having the exact same problem! This problem seems to affect the entire HP Pavillion dvd-6000 model, the TX 100 family, and other pavilion models.

Upon my search I found out that no matter what cooling pad you use it still gets really hot. Well, that’s the problem, it seems that the defective Nvidia chipset is overheating and after some time (Ironically shortly after the warranty expire) it dies, rendering the lab-top unusable.

While having thoughts about taking legal action, I decided to contact a HP representative, their answer were surly what I was expecting, they indeed acknowledged the problem, and stated that it was a recall on the model, but once I made them aware that the warranty expired I was told that it would cost ($398.00) to have the problem resolved.

Can you please help investigate the matter to avoid being taken advantage of. This is clearly not an user cause issue!

Lewis Terry
                  [protected] or [protected]@hotmail.com

Hp Printer 1319ffree catridge with printer 1319f

Dear Sir,

We bought HP Printer M1319F laserjet (serial no. CNHZ8C9HL8)- bill no. 5376 dated 7.5.2009 from Laptop & accessories point bangalore in SP Road contact person Mr. sanjay - [protected]. At the time of purchasing we are told & shown the booklet that there is a scheme that free cartridge will be given. it is also insured by Mr. Ramesh of HP Company. Contact no. [protected].

But till date we have not got any cartridge & now after 2 months, they are telling that there was no scheme.

Please take the nesccessary against the dealer & HP employee and arrange to send the free cartridge.

Thanks,

Rds,
                    Ashish Bansal
                    [protected]

Hp 42& Plasma Tvhp plasma lawsuit

The HP 42" plasma TV went black but you could still hear sound. I called HP Technical folks and was informed that they found bad y sustain boards and depending on the serial number it would be replaced. When I gave them my serial number they said it was not on the list. Then they informed me for $629.00 they would take 3 attempts to fix the TV and if they couldn't, they would return $300.00. The Technical person assured me it was the y sustain board.

HP is ignoring this problem and not notifiying people who bought the
                      TV's that the y sustain board breaks only after 2 years or so.

• St
                          stacyk Mar 30, 2010

I totally agree except one thing...I was told 3 attempts and if not fixed would be 369.00. Is there truly a lawsuit? I would like to add my name to the claim. If there isn't I do have a few people I know who are attorney's...not sure they can/will file the claim but they can point all of us who have been Scr%^$ed over in the right direction. It''s truly sad. Our country wonders why we go foreign. Support your product, take care of loyal customers and be accountable! It's simple really.

• Tb
                          Tbayrenee Aug 31, 2010

Same Hp PL4260N 42 " same issue. Watching a show today after almost two years(this was a floor model for one year prior to purchase for $1100) Just lost picture but sound is perfect. Tried all the resets and unplugs. BS

Fuse? Ysus Board? whatever !!! I don't care. HP knew there was a defect, continued and sold more of the models and tried to upsell a warranty that doesn't cover the issue. THey admit it and the internet threads and boards confirm it.

I too, now have a 42" radio. I will replace this with a Sanyo or Toshiba or other foreign brand for $800 before I spend a dime to fix this POS that HP admits my only give another 2 years. I have an old 60" projection tv that has lasted 12 years without issue. DO NOT BUY HP

Lawsuit ? Sign me up in Tampa, FL - [protected]@aol.com

angry in Mass Dec 15, 2010

We have a 42 inch hp plasma tv. It was repaired for free one time because of little red pixels that got worse over time. After arguing with them for some time they finally sent a repair man for free. That was about 3 years ago. About 3-4 months ago. picture went black and I had sound. I then had no sound after a little while. maybe because of unplugging the cable. Who knows. All I know is HP no longer makes TV's and Im trying to fix this piece of crap now. I havent called HP back yet but Im about ready to throw the tv through the companies window because I know Ill never get them out here to fix it again.

angry in Mass Dec 16, 2010

The point is that this is a known problem with these TV's and hp failed to do anything about it.

breton Jan 11, 2011

Sign me up live in louiaiana my tv sound on picture hp plasma [protected]@yahoo.com

breton Jan 11, 2011

Lawsuit? Sign me up Chalmette [protected]@yahoo.com

HP PL4260N 42 Inch HDTV — hp plasma lawsuit

I purchased a HP PL4260N 42 inch HDTV in 2006. On July 12 2009 the screen lost its picture. After extensive...

Hp / Pl4260n 42defective / subpar parts used

I purchased a 42" Plasma television model pl4260n made by HP from Circuit City, apparently HP used subparts for the manufacturing of this television because it only lasted little over two years and I have read forums of people having similar complaints and HP refuses to replace the parts free of charge or replace the TV altogether. They knowingly deceived consumers to enrich their pockets at the expense of quality and their loyal customers.

Hp Plasma Tv — hp plasma lawsuit

As a consumer, you hope that someone is watching out for defective products being produced by companies and...

Hp R927 Digital Camerasmall repair job needed on r927

HP R927 gigital camera, problem description : The battery/memory card door broke off. I could still take pictures, charge it, but then the battery seemed to die. While I inserted a new battery the small grey clip holding the battery in place broke off. Now it will no longer function: no pics, no charging (I think the problem was not a dead battery but probably something else).

Dear Sir, in response to your query, I would like to inform you that, the battery door cover and the grey clip holding the battery in place is not a user replaceable part and it is not orderable separately. As they cannot be purchased separately, you would have to replace the entire camera.

They then offered to fix it if I paid $203. So I replied:

I find your so called offer unacceptable and quite frankly somewhat insulting. I already spent $600 to purchase this camera and now I am expected to spend another $203.99 just because your company refuses to fix the broken battery/memory card door ($800 later all I would have is my old camera back). You actually think I'm that stupid? I didn't ask to receive a new camera, I just want mine repaired. I can easily purchase a Nikon Coolpix L20 digital camera for $129.95 with 10.0 megapixels. I'd have to be nuts to give HP any more of my money.

Most of us customers never get to find out what really makes a company tick until a problem like mine comes up. Then comes the disappointment in realizing that you don't care about my problem, because afterall it is MY problem, and apparently NOT yours.

I happen to own an HP Media Center PC computer c/w HP w2207 22" computer screen & HP PSC 1210 printer/scanner/copier. I sure hope nothing ever happens to those or I will suffer the same fate as my Photosmart R927 digital camera. At this point in time I might be an HP customer, but I'm starting to really regret it. Many times in online product reviews (PC World), HP's reputation for sub-par after sales service is underlined as a recurring reason to stay away from HP products. I did not want to beleive it, so I learned the hard way, by poorly allocating my after tax discretionary income and buying HP products.

HP — all in one printer

I bought an all in one Officejet J6480 printer on May 5, 2008, within months the paper jam went out. They...

Hewlett Packard - Pavilion Dv9000 Laptopselling faulty products - repairing with faulty products

A little over a year and a half ago I bought an HP Laptop (DV9000) it turns out there was an issue with the companies Motherboards (Actually many HP motherboards have this issue, which makes them fall apart easily. Just search around, there computers are crap). Anyways, I sent in the computer twice, the first time they just reinstalled windows but left the motherboard with known issues installed, the second time they replaced the motherboard with another motherboard of the same exact type (Even though they knew they were prone to breaking). At this point my computer was out of service for nearly 20 days due to sending it in repeatedly. HP then had the nerve to ask me to send it back again! They said "Well it's out of the normal warranty, but we've extended the warranty by two years" as if they were doing me a favor! They had to extend the warranty because there is class action lawsuits popping up over their PC's and way too many complaints. Before they became complete lemons they tried to cover themselves.

Anyways I filed a Better Business Bureau Complaint after telling HP I wasn't sending in my $1500 laptop for a third time! They basically blew me off.

Here is my full Better Business Bureau complaint against HP. Take my advice, buy a different brand, you'll see why below: I am so pissed my plans are to post this 1000 times on various forums and to build an HP Sucks Website with my programming and design Skills.

Complaint Description Posted To BBB - Posted 6/2/2009 9:49:19 AM

This problem extends nearly 2 years! In September 2007 and October 2007 my wife and I had to send a laptop back to HP to be repaired. The unit in question the HP Pavilion DV9000 CTO was known to have a bad motherboard which was to be replaced with a new motherboard model that would not have compatibility issues. On the first occasion they simply did a software reset and sent the item back, on the second occasion they replaced the motherboard with the EXACT same motherboard type originally in the device even though it was known to go bad in a relatively short period of time. They also did not update the bios to even try to fix the actual problems. Now still under warranty in 2009 (The laptop has so many issues with the motherboard they had to offer an additional 2 years on the warranty) they want us to once again send in the laptop for repairs and another motherboard. This has created a loss of wages as my wife uses the device for work and it has already been out of her hands for almost 20 days in total when shipping and repair times are included. HP has in no way attempted to actually fix the device instead relying on old worthless products.

Complaint Summary

Hewlett Packard has continually accepted a laptop back from me that has motherboard issues. The motherboard type is known to be defective.

Resolution Sought

Replace the laptop with a working device (same specs or higher) with a non-defective motherboard and have us send the old laptop back at the time we receive the working device so there will be no lost wages from my wife's engagements. Or Offer a local service call to fix the issue by replacing the motherboard and wireless card with non-defective offerings.

Company's Response

Company's Initial Response - Posted 06/23/2009
                            Hewlett Packard's Executive Office sent Mr. Johnson an email on 6/18/09 requesting the product #, serial #, proof of purchase and service ticket # (if he spoke with Tech Support). This information is necessary to review the warranty status. This information can be sent to cynthia.[protected]@hp.com.
                            Initial Response Summary
                            Hewlett Packard's Executive Office sent Mr. Johnson an email on 6/18/09 requesting the product #, serial #, proof of purchase and service ticket #.

Consumer's Rebuttal

Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted 06/23/2009
                            The most recent Service Ticket Number is (Remitted for identity protection. HP Pavilion DV9000 CTO - S/N=Remitted for protection P/N=Remitted - HP has already called from corporate and received the Ticket number which has all the device information. The most current ticket is under my name

Company's Final Response

Company's Final Response - Posted 06/25/2009
                            Hewlett Packard's Case Manager Rodney spoke with Mr. Johnson on 6/2/09 to advise him a repair per the Limited Enhancement Program is the only option on a notebook that is over 300 days out of warranty. Mr. Johnson's last repair was November 2007. Mr. Johnson received a box on 6/3/09 per FedEx #(Omitted). Mr. Johnson advised the Case Manager that he wasn't going to send the notebook to the Repair Center. Mr. Johnson advised the Case Manager he wishes to persue this legally as he does not want to have Hewlett Packard fix the machine. There are no other options available except the repair per the Case Manager.

That's the end of the BBB Complaint. Basically HP has NO ALTERNATIVE TO FIXING A LEMON DEVICE OTHER THAN TO REPAIR IT 3 TIMES. They will also NEVER escalate your claim. NEVER NEVER NEVER according to their own words listed above. They also will not offer expedited fixes on a third repair. That's right folks be ready to wait 14 days!

Look for this same post 1000 more times and I'll post my new HP complaint site shortly.

• Wf
                                W.F. Martin Jan 23, 2010

Basicly the same Issue with HP. My Graphic accerator on the Mother board failed just a couple a months out of warranty. It also was in repair less than 90 days prior for a left hinge replacment. HP did not offer any insight or offer to replace the mother board at that time. Now they want $ 475.00 in advance to sending a box and repairing the Laptop. I think they should repair it at their expence. Most of all my equipment is HP brand but, I may start replacing with non owned HP companies. My laptop is still sitting on a shelf, broken 3 Months later.

Mal Content Feb 01, 2010

Same thing here. dv9000 video card. LCD does not work. External monitor does.

HP refused to do anything about it since my model dv9610us is not listed in their recall list.

They expect me to believe its purely coincidence that mine is having the same issues.

I escalated it imediately once I called a second time.

The case manager said pretty much too bad and refused to let me speak to anyone above them.

• Su
                                sunshinegirl05 Dec 09, 2010

I purchased an HP Pavillian dv9000 in Novemeber of 2006 and by December 2007 the screen was not working and the hinge was weird as it affected the screen. I could hold the screen in a certain position and the screen would work enough to see what I needed by making working difficult. WHen I contacted HP, they said I needed a new screen and it was no longer under warrantee. I sent the unit in when they sent me a box...I was told turn around was a couple days. A couple days go by and no word. Finally I get a message on my cell phone saying the unit is damaged beyond repair and will require another $700 to repair it. I played phone call with the person who kept leaving exactly the same message over and over again as if a robot from india. I finally spoke with the person and he repeated the phone message again. I said it is not damaged beyond repair. I have not dropped the computer ever. I said that he must show me pictures of how my computer was recieved by him. He would never send me pictures. I went over his head, they said they would never call and say damaged beyond repair but that I could fix it for another $700. I said to the manager that that was exactly what they said and I have all the stored messages on my phone to prove it. He said they would send it back to me unrepaired. I told him that I would go to the BBB first. I did and lodged my complaint. I had my computer back in a couple weeks. They wanted $200 to insure it for another 3 months! I said you can't even ensure it for longer than 3 months?? SUre enough, the screen wasn't working exactly 4 months later!! What a joke. Eventually the left hinge started to crack... I got an external monitor so I could still use the machine since the screen wasn't working... but then other problems started occuring. Being majorly disgusted and frustrated by such a lousy piece of work by HP I flung the thing onto the ground to ensure I didn't spend another minute or dollar on this piece of crap!! I would love to join a class action lawsuit as I feel this is not just me... My brother had the same machine and had the same timeline of problems. My sister had an HP laptop and again had numerous problems with it. My ex works for HP and won't buy their garbage!!! SOmething needs to be done for sure!!

-anonymous Feb 11, 2011

There was a class action lawsuit filed and some models of HP computers are eligible for a replacement Compaq Presario CQ56 computer at no charge to the owner. The deadline to file for a replacement is March 14, 2011. See http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/index.html for more information.

• Na
                                Nan1940 Mar 11, 2011

You have explained my issues with a 2008 HP DV9700 Lap top perfectly. I have had the motherboard replaced 2 times and when it crashed again for a third time just 3 days after the 3 year extended warranty was up (2.15.2011), I have thrown up my hands in frustration. I have had many repairs done on this lap top, since its purchase, and each time it ran for awhile and then crashed again. This lap top was never abused, dropped or mis handled but NOW it has crashed for the last time on my watch! My lap top series number is NOT being accepted by the HP NVIDIA class action, although the HP Pavilion DV9700 has all the same issues as the class action filed, and I have tried to get it accepted a number of times.

Hewlett Packard / Hp Pavillion Dv97002 year extended warranty

I purchased a notebook PC in 01/07 that came with a 1 year factory warranty. Close to the end of my factory (01/08) warranty, I was advised by an HP associate my options on purchasing a 1 yr or 2 yr extended warranty. I was told that the 1 year warranty did not include accidental coverage (water spills, dropping and breaking the notebook etc.) but the 2 year warranty did. So I chose to purchase the 2 year warranty which came to a total of $280.17. I used my warranty coverage once within the first year and HP had to send me a brand new notebook because of water damage to my old notebook. Several months later, but still within my 2 year warranty period, I was experiencing hard drive issues and needed a replacement hard disk. While speaking to HP to fix the issue, I was told that my 2 year extended warranty expired. The rep tried to explain to me that HP backdates their warranties to the very first day you purchased the product. In my case, I bought the notebook in January 2007, so when I bought the 2 year extended coverage, they felt the need to cover me for time during the factory warranty period, which is free. I was told that 2 years is really one year and since I used it to get my notebook replaced, I exhausted my warranty and they don't transfer coverage to replacement computers.

This is a scam in its purest form. There is no other definition for "extended" and this has to stop. HP is charging their customers extra money making them think that their getting two extra years when you're only getting 1 year for the price of 2 years. I have contacted the Attorney General in my state and if you experience this type of foul practice, I advise you do the same and hold HP accoutable for their malicious actions. If I were to fraud HP, they would sue me, so why should I stand around and allow it to happen to me. Thank you for reading and good luck.

• Ba
                                  bamboozled1 Jun 29, 2009

This just happened to me and I am angry beyond words! I have called the department that sold me the warranty. They claim I am covered until 2010. Meanwhile tech support insist my warranty expired 9 days ago and I'll need to pay $400 to use this comp ever again. :(

jamdown Jul 14, 2009

Did anyone say class action lawsuit for fraud and misrepresentation regarding "extended 2 year warranty". I purchased a HP Media PC in May 2007 and purvchased an"extended" two year warranty in May 2008 and was just advised that the warranty is backdated to the date of purchase. This is not misrepresentation, this is fraud.

I would appreciate notification by other HP purchases who have been scammed with this same misrepresentation. Please send notification to [protected]@aol.com

• Bu
                                  Bugatti Jan 05, 2011

I also have been duped into the 'Extended' Warranty. 1 year and 3 months later and I needed a new hard drive (bad sectors). I've spent a full day arguing with HP. I also called to pretend to buy a new computer and was sold the same 'extended' line of bs.

NOTE: HP will give you a discount if you need to buy a part yourself. They said 25% to me.

I will be spending $60 to replace my hard drive. It would probably cost HP $5-15 to replace it for me and keep a customer for life.

Instead my next computer will be Toshiba.

Brenda K Jackson Jun 10, 2014

In May 2014, I purchased a new Pavillion Touch Screen 14 sleekbook after using my PC for a week or less I kept having problems with my PC, I took it back to the store where I purchased my new PC and was told I had 15 days to return my PC, that is Bull S _ _ _. When I purchased my PC, I also took out a 2 year service plan which is no good. I contacted HP they ran scans on my PC telling me that my PC was full of VIRUS, and was told by HP that I would have to pay $ 39.00 in order for the new up ro date Hardware on the PC . I asked HP why wasn't my PC already enstalled on my PC when I purchased it they had no reason, the only thing that they told me if I want my PC fixed I had to buy this Software immediately i don;t know what to do after spending over $400.00 on my PC now I bought a so called Lemon they do not stand behind their word and now I am stuck, If I don't buy this soft ware i will never get rid of the virus which was on my PC when I purchased it. Can anyone tell me something and what I should do for help. Thank You, , , Brenda Jackson