Complaints & Reviews

clerk refusal to give change/ receipt

On 1/27/09 at approx 10:40 pm, my son stopped to fill the tank in my car before returning it to me. He put...

Service Person

I pumed my own gas, but the fill protection device was not working, causing me to over-flow my gas tank.

Gas wa on my car and the concrete floor

I asked the attendand for a bucket of water.

He continued to ignore me, selling ciarettes etc and telling me to wait and to wait again.

He actually did not have a bucket for water.

Spilled gasoline is a danger and I told him so.

He continued to ignore me until I threatened to call 911.

Then he found some absorbant material for the floor, but no water for the outer surface of my car.

This happened on Saturday, September 13, 2008 @ appx. 11AM

Lousy Service; Dangerous Condition in the Gas Station!

Job Scam

Sir/Madam, I got Employement offer letter from Hess Corporation, please advise me the company existing or...

offer letter true or fake....

Sir/Madam,
below i mentioned my offer letter can you pl.confirm the company details and employment.

thanks,

London WC2N 6AG, England / Telephone: +[protected]
Email: [protected]@hessscorp.org Website: www.hess.com

JOB REF: HESS 07/26/08 DATE: 4TH /09/2008
ATTN: Sree Vaas.
We are pleased to offer you a position with HESS CORPORATION UK. Your start date, compensation, benefits, and other terms of employment will be as set forth below and on EXHIBIT A.

1. Position and Duties. HESS CORPORATION UK shall employ you, and you agree to competently and professionally perform such duties as are customarily the responsibility of the position as set forth in the job description.

2. Outside Business Activities. During your employment with HESS CORPORATION UK, you shall devote competent energies, interests, and abilities to the performance of your duties under this Agreement. During the term of this Agreement, you shall not, without (HESS) prior written consent, render any services to others for compensation or engage or participate, actively or passively, in any other business activities that would interfere with the performance of your duties hereunder or compete with (HESS) business.

3. Employment Classification. You shall be a contract Employee and shall be entitled to benefits as specifically outlined herein.

4. Benefits. You will also receive (HESS) standard employee benefits package (including health insurance for you and your family), and will be subject to (HESS) vacation policy as such package and policy are in effect from time to time.

4.1 Death Benefit: Should Employee die during the term of employment, the (HESS) shall pay to Employee's estate any compensation due through the end of the month in which death occurred and will also ensure that he/she is given a befitting funeral according to the expatriate tradition in his home town.

4.2 Other Benefits
 Quality single or family housing in company community.
 Personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowances.
 Access to some of the finest social and recreational facilities in UK.
 Free medical care in UK for you and your family for contract duration.
 Excellent educational assistance benefits with family status contracts.
 Complete meals also for you and your family as deemed Appropriate.
 Life insurance Policy.
 Maximum and efficient security both in work place and housing Community.

4.3 Computer Resources: Laptop Computer, 1.6 GHz Processor, 496 MB RAM, 24XCD-RW, 30GB Hard Drive, Floppy Drive, Integrated Network Adapter, Internal 56K Modem, Spare battery and Necessary Software. Full time Internet access is also made available.

4.4 Phones: the employer will provide each employee with one (1) Landline and one (1) Mobile Telephone. This shall have a reasonable credit limit application per month.

4.5 Local Transportation: Standby new company car will parked in your apartment for movement.

4.6 Office Space: Adequate private office space in a conducive and comfortable work environment shall be provided for each employee.

5. Authorization to Work: Due to the second ministerial meeting between American Union (AU) on terrorism, this was held in Washington DC on 12 October 2001. Where regulations adopted on Immigration Reform and Control Act, you will need to present documentation demonstrating that you have authorization to work in UK. This documents, which include work permit, Resident permit, which you will obtain from the UK Commission through a registered Immigration Attorney (Agents are not accepted), that work with them as stated.

6. Severability: If any of the provisions of this Agreement are determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provisions shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make such provisions enforceable, and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect to the extent the economic benefits conferred upon the parties by this Agreement remain substantially unimpaired.

SR. INSTRUMENT TECH

10, 500.00 Pounds (GBP) After tax deduction (or Euros equivalent depending on home country and currency preference).

London WC2N 6AG, England

30th SEPTEMBER 2008

TWO (2) YEARS

Any selected candidate for HESS, not presently possessing a valid Residence, Work Permits, Visa shall be expected to personally incur all expenses as shall be related to the processing, procurement of their necessary permits clearance papers with the UK immigration attorney and shall be duly reimbursed and will be substantiated with receipts and HESS will reimburse the employee not later than Five (5) working days after submission of employee’s expense report and receipts.

This is in line with the expatriate statuary law of the UK in compliance with the U.N. Terrorism Act. Find attached for other necessary related details of job.
However, for expatriate services employees who do not presently posses their valid Residence/Work Permits papers and Visa, they are to make contact with the nominated immigration attorney’s address given below for directives and assistance on the acquisition and procurement of their UK valid residence and work permits papers.

Contact Person: Barrister J. A. Markson
Company: Markson Immigration Office
Dept: Ministry of Internal Affairs
Tel: +[protected]
Email: [protected]@visaforeurope.org
Email: [protected]@mail2uk.com

NOTE: All London based employees' are to report personally to our office with identification materials for signing and collection of hard copy of their contract documents.
Congratulations on your success and we look forward to your arrival and we hope be the start of mutually satisfying work relationship.

MR. HENSHAW McClain

CHEVRON TEXCO OIL PROJ. IN SCOTLAND
    HR;NICKY MELVIN
    PH-447024025949
    447024019479
    EITHRE THEY R FAKE OR NOT PLEASE CONFIRM ME OUT.

Taher Nov 26, 2008

Hi
    I also get a job letter from Hess company. Now they are asking me to pay money for Visa processing. Can you tell me this company true or fake?

Taher Nov 26, 2008

Hi,
    I am Taher from Singapore. I also get same offer. I check
    www.hess.com in career opipon have details. if they ask money for any purpose it means they are fake. They are using Hess company domin and some email user ID.
    Please don't give any money to them for your safety.
    email: [email protected]

• Si
    sienie Feb 09, 2009

I Received the Same letter from The Arab Contactors Butt how they make their money1d

• Qa
    Qasim-79 Jun 07, 2010

this is kamran, this agent full fake
    (1) HESS Corporation
    (2) EPPCO Dubai Uae

Crappy clerks

Cashiers park in front of store 2. Cashier parks her car in front of pump 6 everyday and marks pump out of order 3. Cashiers don't even say thanks 4. Skinny tall girl in morning is on her cell always complaining about workers from the night before and saying she is going to fire them 5. Cashiers in kitchen area hide when gas line in store is busy so they wont have to ring anyone up 6. No paper towels at pumps and bathrooms always dirty 7. Cashiers smoking pot in parking lot while on break at night 8. Cashiers running outside and leaving cuts in line so they can talk to guys 9. Air pump has never worked correctly since station opened - lets more air out of your tire than it puts in 10. Some genius from hess needs to teach these dummies some manners. 11. Pumps always broke down at least a third of them at all times 12. They store food and hess toy trucks in ladies room and tell you it is out of order for the entire xmas season - but the employees keep using it... makes you hungry???

Gas delivery man

On 4/25/08 at approximately 8:44 pm I was waiting in line for fuel. A truck was getting diesel an I was next in line. The man got in his truck so I pulled up closer at the same time your fuel truck, cab #0619T registration 8L877C, Trailer #97E8 Registration TAV17Y, pulled up approximately 10 feet from my bumper and laid on his hord and trew his hands up in the air. At this time the man that was done gettig fuel pulled away and as I drove in I rolled down my window and so did your delivery man and he stated "what is your problem" I said "I'm just trying to get fuel but nice way to represent Hess." I proceeded to get fuel $133.00 worth of diesel. I paid and came back out of the store and asked him why he had to act like that. He said "why aren't you courtious you should have moved your vehicle so I could get through. I replied "the man in front of me was just getting ready to leave after i was waiting for 5 minutes you were there at max of 5 seconds.' He said "I thought he was still in the store." I replied your right you thought he was in the store and yet he was pulling away so all that horn blowing and yelling was for nothing. He said ya whatever.

I own a Excursion and fuel up about every week and a have for the most part at a hess gas station about $160.00 every time I fuel. I think I will be looking for a different corporation to purchase my fuel after this incident. I hope Hess Corp does not approve of this behavior.

• Ed
    ed Jun 18, 2008

Hess gas station #09473 has got pumps that do not give a receipt 40% of time.

• Wa
    waqnda stevens Sep 13, 2008

Hess Gas station #09245 on the corner of SR 54 and Bruce B Downs in wesley chapel florida also you can NEVER get a receipt. It happens over and over again. I try to avoid getting gas there as it is a pain in the $#8# to have to wait in a line with 6 people buying items and all you want is the receipt that you should have gotten at the pump. with large oil companies making mega profits you would think they could get something right.

wanda

• Ni
    Nikki Nov 16, 2008

It's a gas station!!! It's not a five star hotel. I would love to come to your house and tell you how many times you run out of toliet paper. GET A LIFE

• Su
    Summerfieldjim Jul 15, 2009

I have experienced that several times at another Hess station in Lehigh Acres, FL.

I've since stopped going there for that reason and 2 others.

Jim

On going problem that never gets resolved

This stations computer for gas pumps are forever being "down". We entered our debit card # and it says sale...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices