Heritage Web DesignRipped off!

T

I paid Heritage Web Design $700 last February to create a NEW site for my candle business. They are in the "top 1%" so I figured they must be good, right? NOT!!! Once they have your money, forget it. For $700 I got a copy of the site that I myself created with some pink background and a candle graphic. I sent them a box, yes mailed them information, including pamphlets, brochures, pictures, candles, soaps, etc., (approximately $50 worth of product) hoping it would help create the mood for my site. Well, the receptionist 'supposedly' stole the samples because my designer never received it. Since she never received the box she built a site that had a black background and flowers? I emailed my 'account manager' and he just switched designers. So, in MAY my site was finally up and running and I was SUPER disappointed. It was nothing like what I had explained to them. I felt powerless because from that point on they have been so rude to me. Anyway, I built my own site and have one more month with this company stealing my $30 to host a site I haven't used since last July. BEWARE! They will steal your hard earned money and treat you like crap.

• they charge me for two and half years in advanc and went out of business after couple of months.

• Mi
    Miss Lujan Mar 15, 2011

HIT WEB DESIGN VICTIMS PLEASE READ!
    [protected] CALL

PLEASE CALL THE FOLLOWING COUNTY'S ATTORNEYS OFFICE, LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN ORDER TO REQUEST A VICTIMS PACKET. THERE IS AN OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF COMPLAINTS. THE DISTRICT HAD TO TURN THE CASE OVER TO THE COUNTY!

[protected] CALL

• Dp
    dpboris Mar 13, 2011

Could not have happened to a better company. They all got what they deserved. I do not agree that anybody should feel sorry for any of the employees of Heritage/Hit Web Design. The employees were just as gulity as the company. They had no problem ripping people off or blowing people off on the phone. Shame on all of you for working for a company that screws every customer they deal with. Lets see you put Heritage/Hit Web Design on your resume now that your looking for a job. That should be impressive. F you all you deserved this.
    The only people I feel sorry for are the countless customers that trusted this company to do it's job but instead got blown off and ripped off.
    Karma is a very beautiful thing. One very dissatisfied former Heritage/Hit Web Design customer.

• Te
    TeckShastra Nov 24, 2010

GUYS CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ME SOME GOOD WEBDESIGN COMPANY? THIS IS WHAT I DONT WANT, BECAUSE ITS MY FIRST WEBSITE. PLS CONTACT AT [email protected]

• Ra
    R and L Railroad LLP Nov 04, 2010

I had a web designed by Heritage which never worked properly and they told me that it would be fixed, I could not process credit cards at all, and the problem was not solved it was very costly $ 1900.00 very deceptive in their business practices and I want my money back the reason why I waited so long was being in the hospital for additional surgery on my back I am permantely disabled.

mad6 Nov 02, 2010

I also used these guys. Horrible! After i had my website (poorly made) i asked about a redesign as the header was horrible. they wanted to charge me 300$.. i said i will think about it. I got an email from the sales guy saying thank you for your purchase! then i had 5 other emails saying they were assigned to do my website update and will begin work!! I didn't buy the upgrade! he was forcing me to buy it. I told him no thank you and i got several threatening emails "if you turn me down don't ever come use us again":.. " we will delete all your data base if you don't do the upgrade".. " you have chosen not to upgrade, never contact us again, if you do we will not work with you" etc...Sure enough a month later although i was hosting at anther company, they still knew my password and my web site had "administration" errors in the code.. the code had been changed.. someone logged in as me and changed a bunch of code to make it not work... and boom.. it was gone... and i did not have a backup..
    waste of money!

• Hw
    HWSscrewedme Oct 13, 2010

Beware of this company! I paid them $4, 000 for a custom website in May of 2008. It is now October 2010 and i have just been told that the website cant be finished and they wont refund my money. Included in this price was 3 domain names, 1 year of hosting, and web design. It took a year before the website could even get close to being done, once it was close to being done they pushed it live before the website was complete. My website was never finished but i was paying for the hosting at the same time. I argued and argued and argued with them but they are sooo hardheaded and soo many people in the company that does so many things it never went anywhere. I have been through 5 different account managers, and everytime my site was assigned a new manager i had no idea and would try for weeks to get ahold of my old one with no reply. Also, they had a program going on when i started with my website, it was there referral service. I would get incentives if i suggested their company - now this was in the beginning right before i signed my contract. When they were still nice to me. So i suggested to a business friend of mine that he should get HWS to do their site and he said OK. It took him 8 months before anything was live and his stuff showing on the website and it looked like an elementary student made it. He eventually turned away at his investment in their company and went to another company - and made me look bad also because i referred him!

so i will say this again BEWARE - they are good for buying domain names only!

Christos Ifantides Sep 28, 2010

For a few weeks I have had number one stupid designer. That was as of
    09/09/10, after him, I have had number two stupid designer, with a
    name of course. Stupids at Heritage Web Design Center come with names
    up to a certain time and degree. And now I have stupids send me
    messages without names and e-mail addresses. So, each stupid takes a
    few weeks to perform his or hers stupidity and after pass it on to the
    next one. Each stupid has some smart questions. How come such stupids
    have smart questions? That is real life no fiction, but why, anybody
    knows? If someone knows will be at Heritage Web Stupid Designers
    only. So how long will take for your stupid place to give me this
    website? This can keep going on and on, but for how long? At least
    one person send e-mail after a few weeks and said she is sick. Sick?
    And who is healthy at Heritage Sick Center? Even if someone is
    healthy you have all it takes to get him, her not just sick, but very
    sick. Sickness is your main course at every movement of your
    creations, developments, and productions. I have see many sick, but
    you are number one universally.

You do not care for all of the frustration you are creating, and the
    uneasy moments to your costumers. Such luck of sensitivity grows up
    only in criminal minds and criminal people. Just because you are not
    in the jail, that does not mean you are not criminals there at you
    Criminal Design Center. You know exactly what you are doing to all
    your victims, and on top of it you write your fraudulent letters to
    allure people and trap them the one after the other one time again.

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Product Entry

• Md
    M Deborah Colony Sep 23, 2010

Hit Web Design is a Joke !
    I've NEVER had a worse experience with a web design company. You people should be removed from the internet. Your business practices are deceptive and dishonest. So glad I'm free of your company.

• Lu
    ludite1 Jul 04, 2010

I paid this company $350 down and $100 / Month to make a web site. I contacted H.I.T. Web Designs around the June 5th to put together a website for me. The experience started out pretty well until I actually needed to start the work. I have had conversations with:

Sean Jackson ( Customer Sevice Supervisor)
    Carlos ( Senior Customer Service Agent)
    Ryan Smith (account manager)
    Kozy Antoine ( Web Designer)
    David Akins ( President )

So far I have had one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had at the hands of this staff. Includeing repeated promises to have someone contact me to discuss the content and design concepts I want incorporated in my site. Promises that were not fulfilled. I am writing to you because I have no other place to turn.

My last contact with the staff was with and E-mail to the President of the Co. who I never got any response. 7 Day days ago, I asked for a refund and thye refused, citing that the site is already too far along to grant this request and that he will have someone contact me immediately. That was Monday, June 28th and I have yet to hear from anyone. As soon as they have your money, you can forget them servicing you. They will build a website from a Template and that will be the end of them. BEWARE, BEWARE!!!

• Ko
    Kookiea May 28, 2010

Go to thesqueakywheel.com. Trust me, it works !

• Or
    Orange1979 May 25, 2010

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

• Or
    Orange1979 May 25, 2010

Brad Stone does not exist. I sent him several emails about my website issues with no response. Do not trust this company, they will take your money, then threaten you. I paid them several thousand dollars to have a site re-developed, and when they did not come through in the deadline that they promised, I contacted the Better Business Bureau. They responed to me then, and made another deal to complete the website within a week. A month has passed now, nothing is complete, and they will not respond to me. This company should be shut down. It is unbelievable how unethically they operate their business. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! This is my most sincere warning.

• Py
    Pyxels May 17, 2010

​I used to work for Heritage Website Design and hated every minute of it. They canceled my contract because I called them out on some practices that I thought were wrong. I am ashamed that I ever worked for them.

Heritage hires freelancers from all over the United States to do design work. By the time the freelancer gets the project to actually do the work, the client is already upset because it's taken months to move the project along. Many people wait months on end and never receive anything. Heritage has a 100 day policy for a refund which they milk to death so people never receive a refund. Like I said, by the time the designer sees the project to actually do the work, it's already too late for a refund.

Heritage's account and project managers never respond to your questions and things out of your control so it takes forever to get anything resolved. managers seem to come and go like the tides... another thing to delay your project. I am now told that designers can't even get images for the design work without requesting the images from the project manager. Are you kidding me! How ridiculous is that!

Don't hire a big company like Heritage Website Design. You'll never get what you paid for and if you do...it will take a very very long time

Hire a small company who takes pride in their work and customer service.

I'm offering Heritage customers who are unhappy with what they got deep discounts so they can actually have a website up and running. It won't take 6 months either. Go to www.pyxels.com and let us know what we can do to help.

www.pyxels.com

Davis, Mandy May 14, 2010

I have given this company a year to produce a website to my liking(design was great) CONTENT was awful. This company will do what needs to be done in order to obtain all of the money, but not maintenance, zero customer support, ridiculous prices. I am shocked this company can still function with the numerous amounts of complaints available online. I only wish I had done a bit of research prior to wasting over two thousand dollars on nothing short of a scam.

• Ed
    Edward Apr 06, 2010

I simply agree with the comments made. Some positive action needs to be formulated to help unsuspecting people to fall into that HIT trap. They talk a good story but they do not deliver. their 24/7 service claim is misleading since it is a little more than a phone answering service. I have not heard from HIT for weeks following a phone and a e-mail request.

• De
    DesignGirl Apr 06, 2010

First of all, I had know idea that other people were so outraged at the same stuf that has beed pissing me off for the past year.
    Gost where do I start?

First things first. Where do I go for good web hosting while we get this stuff sorted out?
    Thats what I want to know first!!

As for my experiences with them, lets just say that it falls in line with what's being said here.

Let's help each other figure out what some "right solutions" are. Boy I need some of that.

• Ed
    Edward Mar 20, 2010

I have been totally dissatisfied with Hit or whatever name they chose to go under. I hope no one paid for premium service because for the extra money the week-end 24/7 service is limited to minor technical connection problems, the tech services cannot do anything if to assist you with website loading problems. This for example can be done only during regular business hours. Try to get a hold of them at that time and you can waste an entire day without an connection.

The only things that they can do is tell you how proud they are of their new name, phone you or e-mail you to buy
    additional services. They advertise on their website that they were listed in INC magazine's top 500 companies, including the INC's logo. I have searched the INC's website where they list all the companies that they have included in their 500 and 5000 list of top companies I did not find that Hit or under the other names that the company has used was ever listed. Customer service is not their objective increasing their income from poor or none-existing service

• He
    Hermtc42 Mar 01, 2010

I had the same problem with heritage now hit web design in the exact same order but I paid a total of $370.00 and I couldn't get them to do anything for those funds I GOT the same run around and I'm still fighting this matter with them as well. I have a letter stating a refund due t00 me prorated at 270.00. It's now been four months no refund. Yes sue them big time!

ALevin Feb 26, 2010

***gouge... apologizes.

ALevin Feb 26, 2010

When hiring a company to build your site, you are entrusting that they will supply you with the full and complete truth about what needs to be done. They bank on the fact that their customer's don't know every nuance of the internet, and gauge you on pricing for the most simple of things. If I had knowledge of everything web related, I would have done the site myself! I wasted my money on a company that has 100's of complaints online for the same things I have experienced. I purchased enhancements that were never designed to work with my server, and will now be spending months trying to get my money back.

• Looking at their website, I would never hire them to do anything... Their portfolio is junk; site designs that are left over from the days of hand-coded HTML about 10 years ago. Check out themeforest dot net - you can buy yourself a template for $20-30, install WordPress or Joomla and be done. But if you don't have the basic skills then you will be wasting money here too - if you don't know what you're doing then you will need to expect to hire a professional. Do you know what CSS is? How about a CMS? Do you know Photoshop? If you are not familiar with these basic terms/programs then you will not be able to handle building your own site. Sorry...

ALevin Feb 14, 2010

I wish I had researched Hit Web Design more, before deciding to choose them. They have over 500 complaints on the BBB!!!

First off, things may sound reasonable and cheap, and that is because, throughout the course of building your site, they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. IF you want buttons to change colors $200, you want a site map $200. Now, it all depends on what you know when purchasing a website, but had they told me in the beginning what was best for me, I would have known all these little charges!

For weeks, I had spent money and countless hours creating a photo gallery that I purchased through them, that never worked, and still, 2 months later, I'm stuck on these galleries. The irony is, Hit Web Design will only do one project at a time, so my website is at a standstill until they can FIX the PROBLEM. If I could just cancel with them, I would.

No one there is accountable for anything. You can not, and will not ever be transferred to someone of authority. If you ask for a manager, you will get an email address. What kind of place is this! You will spend days, and weeks trying to get someone to understand your problem, but even so, that person has to report to someone else, and it is a joke.

My account manager goes missing for days, unless I want to add money or an enhancement, and then he is magically at work.

I wrote the CEO and even the person that was assigned to help me, has not returned my emails or calls.

Since every piece of your website is handled by someone different, it takes a miracle to have one person know what is going on. You call tech support, and they are clueless. You call customer service, and they are clueless.

Buyer Beware, I will NEVER do business or recommend HIt Web Design to anyone.

• St
    SteveA Feb 11, 2010

Working with Heritage, now calling themselves Hit Web Design was a disaster! The first thing was how screwed up the billing was. Then when I got that squared away they could not get the pricing fixed for well over a month as they were so disorganized.

The first sense I got that the work they were going to provide me was going to be sub par was for the logo. The initial design was so poorly executed and thought out that I thought a beginning designer with no experience was doing the work. I even sketched out my ideas and sent them in and it took about a week to get something back that was essential exactly what I had sent in. When the logo designer "finished" his work I had to take it to a local graphic designer to clean up the sloppy work. I should have gone there in the first place.

Communication throughout the process was even worse. Try to get a response back within a reasonable time? It won't happen. Unless they want more money.

The next problem was with the person "designing" my website. He did not develop the website in the specific way in which I asked. Note: the logo designer and website designer are outsourced people, probably not even employees. Who knows where they live? But the workmanship was definitely way below par and was taking forever.

Needless to say I was becoming increasingly frustrated so much so that I felt I had to cancel my account and start fresh somewhere else. So I did that and asked for a refund. Guess what? They said I would get $0 refund, even though I had to completely redo the logo, and the website design was not anywhere complete and I could not get the designer to make changes in a reasonable time period. On top of that I paid for a whole year of hosting that I did not even use!

I even sent my complaints to the so called CEO Brad Stone, giving him a chance to reply. That was last night. I told him that I would write a very negative review unless I heard from him. Haven't heard yet. I think I am on my way over to the BBB to lodge a complaint, as well as to the State. Just for the principle.

Like other comments here, this company just wants your money. They are not concerned about the quality of their work. They are disorganized and certainly not in the top 1%! Not even in the bottom 1%.

I would not recommend this company to ANYONE. If you are thinking of having them do work for you, RUN. There are a lot of other companies that are reputable that will do good work for a reasonable sum.

As a result of all of this I am now learning Joomla and will be putting up my site on my own.

dallasman31 Jan 25, 2010

Hit is a rip off they will lie to you and take your money so be aware of hit if you have been a victim of heritage internet technology solutions aka hit web design please contact me [email protected] I'm trying to get enough people together to fight against companies like hit that mislead people and take their money it do not matter what state you stay in please feel free to contact me I will be filing a law suit soon if you would like to file as well contact me soon

dallasman31 Jan 25, 2010

I had the same problem with hit web design in the exact same order but I paid a total of $495.00 and I couldnt get them to do anything for those funds I GOT the same run around and Im still fighting this matter with them as well I feel that if everyone that had a problem with hit of this same nature got together and filed a law suit agaisnt them that would be about the only way to get our money back if you are interested email me at [email protected]

• Ih
    I hate Heritage Jan 17, 2010

This is by far the worst web design/hosting company I have ever seen. My company has poured thousands into a site that doesn't function, updates take months (if they are ever completed) and the customer service is horrendous.

I don't care what the CEO says, that is just spin to try and keep the name looking good.

I am filing complaints with the Utah Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau as I have documented all the communication and $ that has gone on.

I will be moving my site ASAP and I hope this company gets shut down and the management team is brought up on charges for fraud.

• Bo
    Booker T Washington Dec 06, 2009

PUBLIC RECORD
    filed with 4th distric court in Provo ut : HONORABLE STEVEN L HANSEN
    IN THE FORTH DISTRICT COURT UTAH COUNTY, STATE OF UTAH

HIT WEB DESIGN SEARVED PAPERS TO RANDOM EMPLOYEES ON NOV 12 2009
    for posting on boards like this one and telling the TRUTH

ATTORNEYS FOR PLAINIFF HIT WEB DESIGN
    DONALD L DALTON -4305
    DALTON&KELLY, PLC

HERITAGE MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC

PLAINTIFF VS. DEFENDANTS

KENTON BALIEY, ROB BONHAM, DUSTIN BROWN, ERIC M DAIVS, ERIC ETHINGTON, REGINA GURUNIAN,
    MIKE MADSEN, SEAN PACK, BRYCE TURPIN, DEBBIE WARD, KELLY WILEY.

SUMMONS,

SPANISH FORK, UTAH, UTAH COUNTY

DEFENDANTS PREVAILED

• Si
    sickofhit Dec 04, 2009

check HIT Web Design/ Heritage Web Solutions — bad business to work with/for! abc4 news utah will expose!

for over 500 complaints about Hit Web Design / Heritage web Solutions/ Heritage Web Design / Heritage Customer Reviews

• Cu
    cupofjoe Nov 29, 2009

Well I contacted heritage web Solutions 6 months ago June 2009 to terminate my service- I had been with them for a little over a year. 6 Months later in December of 2009 my checking account was over drawn due to the monthly hosting fee of $39.99 and an additional $200.00 fee to reinstate a site I had ALREADY canceled 6 months prior! This caused my checking to go into a negative and hundreds of dollars in penalties fee's from the bank, it was a total MESS!!! Upon contacting my bank they were nice enough to conduct an investigation and credited me all my money bringing my account back to balance. My bank rep informed me that the best way to rid yourself from these sharks was to cancel my credit card and be reissued a new account. Now to be honest I was lucky enough to get a good designer from the get go, however the sales approach is really shady and they encourage you to add on all these extra features that you really don't need-so by the time your site is complete you've gone from a $199.00 building site fee to more like $800.00 in charges. They also will have reps calling you several days a week attempting to get you to purchase even more features at so called "specials"- I learned the hard way that this company is way over priced and it really is not worth the headaches you will deal with in the future, further more they hold you to everything attempting to keep you under contract for as long as they can. If you want a really nice and inexpensive site do your research, for some nice and really reasonable site builders or web page designs visit WWW.VISTAPRINT.COM or www.Godaddy.com. The response the CEO put up on this board sounded more like a bunch of excuses and not at all like he cared about his customers or there concerns, it says a whole lot about the company he is running, avoid being his next victim- at the end of the day it is obvious all they really care about is draining you dry.

• He
    heritagewebdesignscrewedme Nov 16, 2009

Hey. Just wanted to let all of you know these guys ripped me off too.

These guys are total scam artists. I already had my domain, but they wanted to put it on one of theirs so they bought my domain name with a different ending, and then put the exact same content on multiple domains, thus getting me banned from google.

Once they took my money, I was contacted by a young punk who did a phone interview. He wanted to go over everything and put it live. He didn't do what I wanted him to do on the phone, but he said we could edit that after he was done. Once he was done and put it "Live" I was in the additional work area, even though he didn't do what I asked him to do. Then they wanted to bill me for additional time.

1. These guys absolutely suck at web design. They have no clue what they are doing.
    2. These guys are crooks. I finally had to lock them out of my domain, and when I did, they kept billing me for 8 months and sent me to collections. After I sent them a cease and dissist letter, they quit billing me. I sent in a complaint to the BBB and they said I signed a contract waiving my rights to compain publically about their bad service or pay $10, 000.00. What kind of company has that in their contract?? You know they suck if they have that kind of language in a terms of service that is 36 pages long that you have to click to sign up with.

bottom line. STAY AWAY!!!

If a web design company wants to charge you a monthly fee, they are ripping you off. You should also never allow the web design company to host your domain.

A good site can be written for 4-600.00 that will be google friendly and work. Don't ever get committed into a monthly plan for web design. Pay for it up front, and don't ever let them have your domain name. That's your only insurance to thieves like Heritage web design.

David Tallman Sep 30, 2009

I started a site with this company last year and the nightmares began almost as soon as I signed the contract. We began the construction phase in April of 2008 and the site - a writers workshop - took 6 months to complete and was nearly double the price I had signed on for by the time they had finished hitting me with ‘up grades’ and ‘add ons’.

A very long story short – the site to this day has never worked right. Getting even the smallest of issues attended to was like pulling teeth and was always an added expense.

At one point the person assigned as my personal account manager left the company - no one informed me for two months. Two months I was sending him e-mails and voice mails asking when the next problem would be solved and at no time did anyone bother to mention that the guy wasn't even there any more!!

I was never assigned a new account manager or primary contact person.

I haven’t been able to even log into my site for over 6 weeks, the password were corrupted ‘somehow’ and my issue has been moved up to the mystical “tier two tech support”. I am not even sure they exist on this mortal plane, since no one has yet to return a call or attempted to contact me in 6 WEEKS.

This company makes sleazy Used Car Salesmen look honest.

• Lh
    L Hajj Sep 28, 2009

I also got (am being) ripped off by HIT. I am now fighting to get my $370 deposit back. I also cannot get anyone on the phone to release my domain name (which I purchased elsewhere) so I can publish my web site with another provider.

When I originally contacted this company to help me with an ecommerce store, they called me back very quickly. I was impressed! We discussed what I wanted & what they could do & the timeframe in which they could do it. I was quoted $800 – but if I signed up today, the price would be $700 & that would include a logo design. To make a long story short, I submitted my web page content and didn’t hear back from anyone. This was a month after the initial phone call. I left voice mails & emails with several people but got no responses. I decided to start digging around for complaints on the company. My bad – I should have done that first! I looked at the BBB site (HIT is rated a C-). Found the name of Mark Strong as one of the owners. It also had a link to his email ([email protected] & [email protected]) & listed his phone number [protected]). I sent him a nasty gram – indicating that I have put my charges into dispute with my credit card company. I received an email back indicating that he would check into it. I finally got a call back from a designer & he indicated he was not responsible for getting my product pages laid out like I requested. That’s when I put the entire process on hold & decided to cancel everything. I did get a logo design out of Markus. All he did was straighten out some lines on the logo I sent him. It was OK – but I was not impressed.

I called their Customer No Service department today. I was told that my account shows a canceled status and that it has been escalated to Technical Support Agent Level II – whatever that means. He could not transfer me to anyone in that department – nor was he allowed to transfer me to Mark Strong.

So – I am still fighting this issue.

• Ag
    Against HitWebDesign Sep 10, 2009

I encourage everyone to contact Mr. Matt Nelson ([email protected]) to try and resolve your disputes. This is what I did and we were able to reach an agreement.

• Et
    ethicalhit Aug 29, 2009

@ FRUSTRATED22 I wish that your experience was an isolated incident with Heritage Web Design aka Hit Web Design, but sadly as you have read on here, and on [redacted] and on numerous other sites, Hit Web Design has a history of doing this!

• Fr
    FRUSTRATED22 Aug 26, 2009

Hi, THANK GOD we did a google search on this company and found all this info! We had been talking to Heritage, now calling themselves HIT. I'm sure it's to throw people off. We discussed ideas about our website but had not completely decided what we wanted to do. They immediately wanted our credit card info for "possible future billing". We kicked ideas around and they wanted to set up a payment schedule. They played around with dates but we needed to discuss it more to decide if it was affordable at this time. We decided against moving forward and told our contact person on Thursday 8/20/09 we couldn't do it right now. She told us to think about it some more and we called again Friday 8/21/09 and couldn't get ahold of her and left a message that we couldn't move forward. Monday we were contacted by a writer! This was cause for concern because we already said we weren't interested. We had made contact with another web design company to do some more research. They told us Heritage's promise of a website up and running in 14 days was impossible. Between the contact from the writer and new info we were very concerned it was a scam. We googled the company and found all the complaints. Not only from customers but from previous contract employees that were given checks that bounced! I'm not talking thousands, one was for $240.00!! WOW! The person overheard the bank teller discussing the situation with a contact at Heritage who said the company was $78, 000 in the hole! I'm not surprised! We immediated contacted our initial contact at Hertiage and the writer that contacted us via email and put in writing on 8/24/09 that we were NOT INTERESTED and had already told them and they had NO AUTHORIZATION to attempt to run any payments because we had not entered into any kind of agreement with them. I had a bad feeling. She tried to call us, obviously not wanting a trail in writing. She did email because we wouldn't answer and said she needed to talk to us about the cancellation and asked if we were sure we wanted to cance and please confirm so she could forward us to the cancellation dept!!! TO CANCEL WHAT??? We had not entered into an agreement, we told her on the 20th and 21st we were not interested. Then going through our old email we discovered she sent us an invoice on SATURDAY to try to bill us for the WRITING!!! WHAT WRITING???? Sneeky on a Saturday!!! We were contacted by the writer MONDAY after saying we weren't interested!! Luckily we had given the debit card info so we moved all funds from that account just in case they attempted to run it through. We confirmed AGAIN via email we WERE NOT INTERESTED but of course never received any contact back. Guess what...today 8/26 we were contacted by Heritage's /HIT's account dept because there was a problem processing our payment!!! I knew they were goping to pull that! If we had not moved the funds they would've been paid for NOTHING!!! We explained they should NOT have processed anything, we sent them notification in writing even though we had entered into no agreement. this person in accounting had no idea until they researched our file more. They said the cancellation process can take awhile!! THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, WE HAD NO AGREEMENT! They said they would've refunded our money...yeah right!!! FOR ANYBODY CONSIDERING USING THIS COMPANY FORGET ABOUT IT! THEY'RE SCAM ARTISTS! ANYBODY ELSE YOU'RE CONSIDERING SHOULD PUT A CONTRACT IN WRITING. NEVER SHOULD THEY PROCESS A PAYMENT WITHOUT WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION. BEWARE!!!

• Et
    ethicalhit Aug 21, 2009

I recommend that anyone dealing with Hit Web Design or Heritage Web Solutions call their credit card and do an immediate charge back. It is the ONLY hope you have to recover any funds you may have invested in this doomed venture!

• Ag
    Against HitWebDesign Aug 20, 2009

Has anyone noticed that all the responses posted by Hit Management are identical? They have one or two form letters that they slightly modify to fit whatever complaint they are addressing at a particular time... One starts "it is in our best interest to work with customers..." and the other one starts "At Hit Web Design we are committed"... Just check the messages s/he has sent and you'll see!!!

This is yet another proof that they couldn't care less about the customer... Not even for this they take the time to really dig into what's going on...

Anyone for a civil suit?

• Hi
    HIT Management Aug 18, 2009

At HIT Web Design, we are committed to maintaining the highest levels of honesty and integrity. We have been able to resolve most of the customer’s complaints from this website. However, there is no such thing as a complaint free company. Research any large company and you will find they have complaints posted about them on the internet, whether justified or not. There are simply a handful of individuals who, regardless of the merits of the issues, post slanderous and/or negative comments.

It is in our best interest to work with customers who have complaints in order to reach a reasonable and fair resolution and establish a long term business relationship. In most cases, Heritage goes beyond what is fair for the company to satisfy a displeased client.

To better understand the character and integrity of HIT Web Design, we invite you to review our record with the Better Business Bureau. We have worked with more than 15, 000 clients and in the entire company history, have had less than 1% of our clients complain to the BBB. We are even more proud of the fact that Heritage has been able to resolve every registered BBB complaint. HIT stands by our record.

As a company with more than 200 full time employees and nearly 300 independent contractors, glitches and problems will sometimes arise, but we are optimistic about our future. Our employees are committed to working hard for our customers. Those who fail to meet the high standards we have set are asked to leave. Naturally, some of those terminated employees have chosen to take the lower road and post slanderous statements. We feel sorry for them. All we can say is that we wish them the best in their new careers and hope they will be more respectful to their new employer.

Our employees and contractors are compensated with competitive wages and benefits packages. In the past, we experienced issues with our payroll-processing bank on a few checks that were processed through the wrong account. We have since changed bank processors and the problem has been eliminated. All of our employees and contractors have been and will continue to be fully compensated for the work they perform.

HIT Web Design is a successful company that has been recognized by such organizations as Entrepreneur Magazine and Inc 500, and is ranked in the top 500 of privately held companies nationwide. If you have a concern, please contact me personally, and I will resolve it.

Let me assure all who read this that those few who complain are less than 1% of our total volume of business. Heritage has been able to satisfy every complaint posted, given that customer gives us the opportunity to do so.
    If you have a specific complaint or concern, please communicate directly with me at [email protected] or [email protected]
    My personal promise to you is that HIT Wed Design will be completely fair and equitable with you.
    Warmest Regards,
    Quality Control Administrator

• Je
    Jeffrey Leone Jul 25, 2009

Heritage "oversells" itself. In addition to the above problems, which I have experienced myself, be on the lookout for all their "sales promotions." They will constantly try to sell you on prepaying for hosting, even before they have completed their work. "Flash" goes "on sale" quite frequently. Negotiate with them hard if you dare to work with them.

The latest problem we've had is the "adore gallery" on our site. Our site is 'live', but not complete (we asked for this to happen since this is our busy season). When my wife goes to the site with her computer, and when I go on mine, the "gallery" doesn't work. However, it works on THEIR computers. So, naturally, there must be a problem with our computers. Right. See if your computer is working incorrectly by going to MartinellisChildrensWear.com.