Healthcare Revenue Recovery Groupharrassing calls everyday

M Review updated:

We receive calls from HRRG, [protected] pretty much everyday now. They leave a message if we do not answer and if we do answer it is a generated recorded message asking us to call them back and they will be willing to help us with our bill. But when you call back, it is nothing but rude and arragant representatives on the other line.

We have continued to ask HRRG to stop calling regarding a debt owed, when a payment is being made monthly. They are continuing to call because the $5.00 a month we are sending is not sufficient enough for them. They refused to put us on a payment plan months ago that was under $50.00, so this is what I can afford at the time and what I send every month. Now they are refusing to send a billing statment for the last 3 months. They stated to me just a minute ago they do not have to send a billing statement because the debt has been there since Dec. 09. Dr. Meka Ujal is the doctor that provided services to my husband in Aug 09 at Slidell Memorial Hospital in Slidell, La. The reps stated that he refuses to make a payment plan for this debt. My husband was laid off of work twice in a year and we are behind on bills, that is why we cannot afford it. He was not the only bill we had from this hospital 1.5 day stay. Every service provider - all 7 of them for that visit worked with us regarding making payments but this guy. Soo... Now the harrassing calls and now no billing invoice to show what we have paid. They are cashing the checks every month.

One guy from this co. HRRG literally raised his voice by yelling and asked me, "Did your parents ever teach you how to pay your bills on time. You owe this and you should be ashamed of yourself."

The girl just a few minutes ago told me, " if you do not want us to call, just say so." I told her we did repeatedly, every time you call", and she said, "ok " and hung up on me. Today is July 13, 2010

After searching for their site, I read the brochure that is given to the healthcare providers. They are very misleading and some practices may not even know what they do to "get their money". It specifically states in their brochure:

Our Medical Collection Services Include:

Respectfully reminding your patients of their payment obligations through a mail and telephone campaign
Using a predictive dialer for greater effectiveness in locating and speaking directly to debtors
Recording all telephone conversations between collectors and debtors for later review if a dispute arises
Using advanced technologies, such as electronic skip tracing and electronic verification systems, to locate hard-to-find patients and identify insurance coverage more quickly
Filing insurance claims for many patients if insurance turns up at any point during the collections process
Providing cutting-edge, "slice and dice" reporting which tracks the performance of your accounts
Adhering to collection agency standards and federal and state laws
Pursuing collection efforts in a professional and ethical manner while maintaining strict compliance with HIPAA and FDCPA requirements
Treating your patients with dignity and compassion
Implementing new collection strategies as needed to enhance performance

As I continued reading their website to get healthcare business, I noticed that they state in the descriptions about the company that the reps are outsourced, that website is http://www.teamhealth.com/
PO Box 30698
Knoxville, TN 37919
865.693.1000

Benjoh Jul 14, 2010

If they haven't sent you a letter for collections then what are they doing? I have a similar problem. I am sending my second cease and desist letter to this company today. If I am continually harassed by their calls after they receive the certified signed for letter, then I can take them to court and sue them. You should be real nice as to get a address and the company they work for and send them they same type of letter. They have to identify themselves on the phone and you are under no obligation to call them.

• Wn
    WNASSAR Dec 14, 2010

Wow! This company is full of disrespectful people. I have a bill that was a result from a car wreck. I called on Nov. 11 to set payment arragemnts and to see if it can reduced. I was told since it was an automobile accident and there was insurence that it couldnot be reduced. Ok, that is understandable, so I agreed to talk to my husband (since he is the only one working, self employeed, and business is slow). To my surpirse, we recieved a letter to pay $829.00m IN FULL! How they assume that is possible, I have no idea. I have called several times, each rep is a scomplete jerk, very rude. They tell me that since I (which I never did) entered into a payment in full, that there was nothing they could do and that I had to pay the amount. At that time I requested the manager/supervisor, and was told that THEY HAD BETTER THINGS TO DO TODAY! They said that they called, but to no surprise didnt give the correct number. I had left my personal cell number bt ofcourse they didnt have it. I am tired of dealing with these people, and want to set arrangements... These are trash people that promise to another thing and refuse to help at all.

Benjoh Dec 18, 2010

I agree with you, but I would find out who the President of the company is and write him a letter. Explain to him that you received the first bill, but you needed more information. Also put into writing to the president that these representatives have representative his company in the wrong way. You will have to say what you said here in a nice way. The supervisors job is handle the calls at the callers request. The person you called to can be fired for mishandling you call. Also you need to send that letter to your state's Attorney General's Office. You'll have to do a formal complaint on a form they send you, but it will be well worth it. Also when someone writes you a letter and says you have x amount of days to send your reply, FTC rules says this letter is M-F. It excludes weekends and holidays. Plus you get to add three days from the date of the letter you received because that is how long it takes to get the mail if first class. I would not send any money to these people and look into changing you insurance to a reputable company. Good luck!

• Ss
    ssggirl Dec 17, 2012

This company called me today from (540)318-0353 which is similar to the number that West Asset Management used, (540)318-2997. HHRG was also trying to collect the same bill as West Asset Management. This bill would have been paid 2 months ago if the lady on the phone would have just given me her address. They do not want me to send them a check they want a check or card over the phone. Which is dicey because in the past they have threatened to deposit post dated checks before the date on the checks. They have also withdrawn funds from accounts without expressed informed consent. I have constantly told these people they are not to call me until after 6pm. I have also called to speak to one of the supervisors and he told me they would not call me until after 6pm, but they continue to call my cell phone during my work hours. West Asset Management has already been sued by the Fair Trade Commission and settled out of court for 2.8 million dollars and are continuing the abusing practices that they have used in the past. I just wanted to make everyone aware that both/together one company are breaking laws under the FDCPA, (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act). You can find the FDCPA on the Federal Trade Commission's website.

Benjoh Jan 24, 2013

It is against the law to cash or deposit a post dated check before the date of check. Debt Collectors can only call between 8 am and 9m at night. However, these people also need to be aware of the time differences too. They cannot call someone from CA that lives in NY at 6:15pm their time. It would be 9:15pm in NY. GECC is notorious about taking money from customers accounts even when they are sent a check that is on time and they are notorious about not fixing their mistakes after they have been caught and many letters written over that mistake. They would rather charge off the account with the ongoing dispute than to fix the mistake to start with. Then they also known for reinventing customers accounts that have been paid off and updating whatever was bought to a year later than the purchase originally. Then when you don't pay for that bogus charge, they charge off that too.

• Th
    th!sman Jan 31, 2013

TOO MANY CALLS, CALLS TO FRIENDS, WORK ETC
    -Send a C&D by CMRRR stating when, frequency and how they will contact you.
    -If you talk to a CA ALWAYS write down immediately, who called, where from, said what, why, when, what, i.e. everything. This is acceptable evidence in court.
    -If CA violate your rights each infraction is worth $1000 to you. Thus, use CMRRR and/or record all calls for evidence, that's $$$ for you.

Debt collectors push you around if they sniff you don't know their game or more aptly your legal rights. So before you engage them to make any arrangement Google these and become an informed consumer, it will save you potential trouble in the future.
    1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
    2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
    3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
    4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
    5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick
    6-Settlement Offer Letter - very important don't pay anything without it.
    -If your state's SOL is expired the debt is noncollectable, period! That's why you
    -Never ever accept/agree/acknowledge you owe/own a debt. Per Federal law first demand a VOD. Use CMRRR (you can call but not recommended. Be sure to record the call)
    -VOD must be the original document with your signature on it, not a letterhead stating some amounts owed.
    -NEVER EVER confirm your your personal info. Tell them to mail whatever to the address on file.
    -if you legitimately owe a debt don't pay anything without a settlement offer letter.
    -mail checks with tracking No. or signature required, no electronic access to your bank ac. you will be cleaned out. Keep records for life.

Benjoh Feb 02, 2013

Something else you need to check out is your credit report. See if the debt collector who said they bought has it listed above their item on your CR. This happened to me. One of my cards was written off in 2010, and DB said they bought it and had it wrote off 2011 just above their DC's name. The thing about this is I have other debt collection letters that definitely say they bought the account too. TransUnion is the worse at re-aging an account for Debt Collectors.
    This man, you are right. Also if you get a summons, be sure to deny the charge. Usually, they don't have an account number or anything on their affidavits like addresses. "I can tell about the review, if called to do so." If your the defendant, then where are you going to get an address to call the affiant? So affidavits are suppose to have addresses on them. Legibly signed and hand dated beside their name. always check with the Notary Laws of the state in which your affidavit comes from. Why? It might need a State Seal. If you get one that came out of NY it will need the State Embossed Notary Seal. They cannot be duplicated or filed electronically. They are the ones that have to be originally filed.

• Ra
    Ravindu Aug 15, 2013

This is worst company. I had same kind of situation where they never send me any letter for payment due and sunddely one day they called that your payment is due and you have to make right on phone. I never heard about them before so i denie to payment and request them to send letter for what i need to pay. They told they cant hold payment delay and it will cost me extra fee. They are worst behaving people.

Benjoh Aug 15, 2013

Ravindu, write them and ask for the information on the claim that they are the debt collector in question. Go to ftc.gov and you can find out all the information you need. You can also call legal services to see if you qualify for them to help you. It is illegal for someone to up and send you a bill without you getting a letter from to start with saying they own the account. These letters will not have a return of address on them. Never give them the idea that the debt is yours, because they have to prove it. Never give them any information and write them for proof. They have 30 business days in which to get you proof of debt. They cannot call or harass you either. tell them to quit harassing you. if they continue, send them a cease and desist letter. Always send mail certified so they have to sign for it. This way you know they got it. after that they either going to take you to court, but can't do that unless they mean it, but they have to stop contacting over this debt.

• Tl
    [email protected] Jan 30, 2018

My husband was in the hospital in Yukon, OK the end of August and while in the ER he saw 2 doctors and about 6 other medical personnel. We got bills from every one of them and none of them were under a $1000, really! We are talking about walking in and saying I am Dr. so and so, how are you? I looked at your chart and I just wanted to see how you were doing and then they left! LET'S ALL GO INTO THE MEDICAL PROFESSION and work for these places that outsource their medical professionals...they are in a patient’s room less than 30 seconds and they charge anywhere from $1116.00 to $2500. The only Dr. that our insurance paid was the $1116.00 and that left us a balance of $145.71. HRRG called sent us 1 statement last week and we have not gotten it yet, but they did call my husband today and the CSR from HRRG was very rude to my husband and told him "You owe this, and we want our money!" Then hung up on my husband! My husband called me gave me the phone number and I called back, I told the CSR that I talked to about how my husband was treated and she apologized all over the place and told me if we could pay today or tomorrow she would give us a 20% discount bringing our bill down to $116.57 I told Ms. Hunt (the CSR) I would call back after I talked to my husband! We did some checking to make sure this was legit and checked out a lot of things and found out it was legit, and I called her back paid off our account and I have already gotten a Paid in full statement sent to me! I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get someone from this usually rude company to help me and was very courteous! We ended up not having to pay the other medical professionals that "SAID" they saw my husband! We disputed them all and our insurance did not pay them and we won our disputes!

Richard F15 Aug 29, 2018

I don't owe any money! This company is harassing me on my cell phone multiple calls per week. A recorded message from HRRG Collections AKA "Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group". These are Spam/Scam Calls that won't stop. My phone number was assigned several years ago. UNTIL HRRG Collections began harassing me, my phone was getting no unwanted calls. I have NO debt. These calls are bogus. I am keeping a records of each & every call. I would call THEM asking them to stop, BUT I hear that won't work, that they just keep calling regardless.
    I see lawyers that will sue them for harassment per unwanted call. I will probably have to take that route. It's time consuming & a hassle for me.
    This company is causing me unneeded stress. WHY ME? I Owe NOTHING!
    Hopefully they will go away & go after somebody who owes them an unpaid debt.

Richard F15 Aug 30, 2018

This "Outfit" is very bad news & nothing about them is professional. Just the opposite! They continue to call my Austin, Texas cell phone number constantly. I have stated before I have no medical debt that would have to do with "Healthcare Recovery Group" OR parent company "Team Health". As stated before by others, calling them to remove your phone number can only escalate their harassing NON STOP ROBO CALLS!

I have no clue as to WHY they selected MY NUMBER to constantly cause me such annoyance. Sadly, legal action is probably what I need to do. Frankly this route is also time consuming on my part. I simply want them to leave me alone. If anyone on this forum has a simple way to stop theirtelephone harassment, I would greatly appreciate it your thoughts. This "Outfit" sounds they use bully tactics to get money as they are a "Collection Agency". Many of these places employ bullies to make their profit.

I do not want to make a bad situation worse than it is already, yet this has got to stop. Why it suddenly started is a mystery to me. They are going after someone who owes NOTHING. That sadly is ME!

Again, I am documenting every call, date & time they are sending these automated voice messages. Maybe they read these posts & realize their practices are harming innocent people. Doubtful though.

Richard F15 Aug 30, 2018

This place is very bad news. Calling me daily with automated robo messages to contact THEM!

Who is the victim of this? Sadly, its ME. Again I owe NO medical bills to any hospital or healthcare provider.

"HRRG Collections" AKA "Healthcare Recovery Group" & their parent company "Team Health" are harassing innocent people like myself for no reason.

I have read that contacting them for removal of my number will only escalate these " Automated CALLS".
    Their is no email listed on their site for "Support/Help".

FYI - BEWARE OF THIS!!!

Whenever you call any Toll-Free Number, You Cannot Block YOUR Number. *67 prior to the call Will NOT BLOCK YOUR NUMBER ON ANY TOLL-FREE CALL..This is because that company is paying for your call. Most people are not aware of this. Therefore the best way to contact any company is to call their LOCAL/Non Toll-Free Number & *67 before placing the call. Too bad but finding a local number for most companies is nearly impossible.

If I had a way to BLOCK my number, I would call them & get a fell for their attitude before confirming my number. Yes, I realize they have it already, I know...but again, they will probably assume I am their debtor & verbally abuse me (their victim) thus harass me even further. It seems like a no win situation, aside from legal action on my part.
    Remember, I OWE NOTHING - THEIR CALLS ARE BOGUS!