Hartford InsPremium charge

M

My home insurance policy went from $1300 to $2000 because Hartford changed the fire protection provider from Germantown Hills FD to spring bay FD which is approx. 7-8 miles away! Called them up to make the correction and was told the underwriters have already decided spring bay FD was my fire protection dept. and they were not going to change it! Ignorance is blissfull at Hartford! I pay real estate taxes to Germantown Hills FD and I have their blue location sign out in front of my house.

• Mi
    Michael DiGregorio Jul 16, 2011

Amen brother!!! I have never heard of public adjusters???? Does the state of illinois dept of insurance have them??

• Mi
    Michael DiGregorio Jul 16, 2011

Amen! I have never heard of Public Adjusters

• My
    mybenus Jul 16, 2011

Insurance Companies are finding every way in the world to drive up costs to make money. Be sure to check out your roof type. Allstate put my roof down as asphalt when it is metal. I called in the correction in 2009 and it's now 2011 and they refuse to change it, however each time I call in to make the correction, my premium goes up. They also say it's a decision of the Underwriting, which makes no sense. They just don't want to insure an expensive metal roof but want the money for insuring my house. The Insurance Companies are all about taking your money, not paying it out or doing business honestly. More class action suits are needed. More people need to be aware of the Public Adjusters out there which can help you. Insurance companies do not want you to know about Public Adjusters.