HandyMan Club of America / Scout.comlifetime membership

I was one of the first to sign up for a lifetime membership back in the early 90's. Got the "free" leather jacket and received the magazines for a few years each month along with some test items to keep. Then about 10 years ago no more magazines or test items even after updating my information 4 different times. Like everyone else I would just like to get what I paid for. What started out to be a promising service has not become a joke on all of us.

• Cr
    Craig_D Apr 10, 2018

Same here. I was one of the original "Life Members" in the 90s with the leather jacket. If I recall, the membership was in the $300 range. I still have almost every issue of "American How-To" and later "HANDY" published. It was great while magazines were coming and there were products to be tested. Like most though, it has been years since I've heard from them. My guess is that there was probably some fine print in the Life Member agreement that gave them a way out, but if some smart lawyer puts together a class action suit, I'm in.

• Ed
    Edward Ludwig Mar 21, 2018

I also became a life member in 1998. got the magazine for a few years and updated my new addresses and haven't heard from them in about 12 years.

• Mj
    MJM7 Feb 17, 2018

Joined in the late 90’s got a jacket was a product tester, and often got all kinds of offers in the mail. Nothing for the past couple of years.

• SamieJ1959 Feb 01, 2018

I have same problem, I have been a member since 2002 paid in full, have my membership number and all. I haven't heard anything in years.

• SamieJ1959 Feb 01, 2018

@SamieJ1959 I cannot find how to reactivate my membership. I have been a lifetime member since 2002 paid in full, have my membership number and all. I haven't heard anything in years.