Gunn Nissanbad service

Scott, the service manager at Gunn Nissan and his helper Jeff were extremely rude, disrespectful, and bordered on sexist toward me. Nissan was required to repair a scratch they put on the car but Scott decided I had an "attitude" and refused me service. Jeff claimed that they were not representing Nissan and that they were Gunn. I though that was a ridiculous statement since Nissan was on their frontage road sign. I had arrived on time for my appointment at the time they required me to be there. I had to leave work to make THEIR scheduled time. I was supposed to ask for Scott when I arrived and that he was expecting me. But Scott was no where to be found, as a matter of a fact I was told he just went on lunch break. His helper, Jeff claimed to know nothing of why I had to be there at 3pm and knew no details. This, of course, made me upset after all the coordinating and sacrificing at my end to arrive at THEIR designated time. Jeff and Scott's characterization of me as having an "attitude" was sexist. Since I was upset and female they think it's OK to tell me I have an "attitude" and that they refuse to help me when I have the warranty paperwork from Nissan that ensures they will honor Nissan's mistakes. It was clear that they need some training from Gunn and Nissan or need to find another job that does not have to work with angry customers...which means they should probably not work in the auto industry. The arrogance I witnessed from both Scott and Jeff is repulsive. I have talked to Charlie Green, the general manager of Gunn Nissan, and he was no better. He made no apologies. Though he did seem to know more about my problem with the car than Jeff, who was my first contact person. I thought that was interesting. I strongly recommend you not buy a car from any Gunn dealership in San Antonio. They seem to have a corporate culture of not honoring Nissan work, nor being able to problem solve to help a customer. I have a call into Gunn corporate, specifically to a Hunter Hale, who has not given me the courtesy to return my call. It's scary to think that this is the kind of customer service we had to put up with in San Antonio. Nissan should be ashamed.

• Ju
    Juls May 11, 2009

I too am a female and I have a Maxima which was bought out of state and is currently in need of service. Because of your experience and comments, I feel they might not be fully invested in doing the best work possible on my car because it was not purchased at Gunn Nisaan. I certainly dont need to be confronted with that type of superior attitude to top it off. I will take my chances with another dealership and not go to Gunn.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices