Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Online Shopping Groupon.com The dinner detective providence voucher canceled show

Groupon.com review: The dinner detective providence voucher canceled show

P
Author of the complaint
1:36 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased these vouchers back in March 2020. I paid $54.00 per voucher for a total of $216.00
Because of the Covid situation, the event was rescheduled several times during the year. We finally just received notice that they have canceled the showing altogether. The Providence vendor refunded $30.00 per ticket gratuity that I paid, however, they advised that the actual voucher cost of $54.00 per voucher needed to be refunded from Groupon.
I contacted Groupon via email and chat, as calling them was futile. I was put on hold for hrs at a time. They send me an email that stated:

(Abul Niyaz M (Groupon)

Jan 14, 2021, 11:17 PM GMT+5:30

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Due to the nature of live entertainment and working with ticket sellers, our GrouponLive event deals are considered final sales, meaning that I'm unable to approve a refund in this situation.

We remain in close contact with all of our partners and their venues, so if this event is rescheduled or canceled, we'll reach out to you and all other impacted customers at that time.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Abul Niyaz
Groupon Customer Support)

This email is false information. Obviously, they do not keep in contact with their venues or we would have received a refund long ago.
These vouchers expired during the summer of 2020.
We wanted to help out by rescheduling for a year, not asking for our money back.
A refund is really what we are requesting for the full voucher amt of $216.00. A partial refund of the expired vouchers would be much lower and due to the cancelation being no fault of my own we would really like a full refund.
I understand times are hard right now. I do feel bad about having to ask for a refund. I am not in a financial position right now to just let this go.

I am hoping you can help me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Take Care

Kindest Regards,

Paul b Sherry

More Groupon.com complaints & reviews

Groupon.com - metabody
Groupon.com - infurn beanbag seat
Groupon.com - deactivated my account for no reason
0 comments