Greendot.comterrible experience!

Bought a greendot reload card haven't been able to get money phonecard and three different sayings across the register declined, wrong card type, message edit error. Beware all!

rosajem Apr 09, 2008

The website is a front. you can't click onto anything on it. I also cannot get any cash or purchase anything because the company has not sent me a card. I tried to purchase online but was told the card number is not valid . I bought the card at Walgreens and I will be notifying them of the scam.

• Mi
    mike reid Jun 30, 2008

have in excess of 2000 dollars on deposit with green dot green dot froze my account pending areview with a supervisor because we had made more then three deposits in a week. Not unusual for us.

• Sw
    sweethope Jul 12, 2008

I have had greendot for over 2 yrs, Its not a scam . I love it. I pay my bills online with it and when I need to put more on I go to walgreen and get the moneypak reload card. Maybe you did something wrong or filled it out wrong. I have never had any trouble with it.every once and a while one of the reload cards will not scan for the cashier to put the money on so they have to get another one and try it but besides that I havint had any problems .you need to call the telephone for greendot and talk to someone there about it to get it taken care of.

• Ly
    LYNN WAUGH Jul 23, 2008

I can't talk to a real person. my information that i put into the web site doesn't match with what they have so I CANT USE THE CARD FOR ANYTHING, WHAT GOOD IS IT.

• Pu
    Purmilour Hunt Jul 26, 2008

why tell you you have a balance and when you go to purchase something i do not care how big or small...you can not get it!!! and you have enough money to cover it!!! now that to me is fraud in the sector. OH and i have a greendot premier and it's so crazy the first time i use it someone used me!...and then one of their people told me i was entitle to 20.00 when i first got this card...for the upgrading of it...NOT!...never was applied to my card... what is this world coming to is your cash really safe on plastic from 10.00 to 1000.00 makes me wonder now...

mary stewart Aug 04, 2008

this company is a scam. the company takes your money and then pretends they don't know what you are talking about when you are lucky enough to get a live person on the phone. the clerk at walgreens told me to keep my reciept because i might need to call the company. well, now i know why she tried to warn me.

• Te
    Teri R. Aug 24, 2008

I have been using the greendot card for over a year now and have not had any problems.I really like it because I just reload the card on payday and don't carry cash on me.You can use it to pay bills online and use it in stores also.You use it like a credit card or debit.The only thing I don't care for is the reload price of 4.99 everytime I put money on it.

• Ca
    Carole Mcpherson Aug 25, 2008

I bought a card and cannot activate please some one help me I need to pat my bill.

john Aug 27, 2008

i been dealing with them for a few years and in most part not a single issue but of late it seem to be a bad company i had a damage card and had a deposit drop on it the same day i told them the card did not work .i know after i get this issue taken care of i am done with this so called company . do not put more on there then u can afford to lose

• Vi
    vivian Aug 29, 2008

i purvhased a game from a company called oberon media but gave the wrong email adress. i never gat a chance to play the game. i expect a full refund

Jose Rubio Sep 03, 2008

I bought a card 4 months ago and I try to get my money back
    and I can't.
    Somebody can help me.

• Ke
    Kenny Wallace Sep 12, 2008

been using greendot premier card for 2 years now and getting direct deposit on it I have had no problems with it. I have shopped around for other cards that were setup like this and you will not find a better deal for a 4.95 monthly service fee. Other companies will charge you 9.95 at least for the same service. the people that have had a bad experience just need to get it straighten out and give it another chance nothings perfect.

• Al
    alan_nyman Sep 23, 2008

why the hell i can get my money here you say inter the 16 nnumber code i due that then it saying i have the wrong numbers . please explain it more to me and which code due we use and just want transferr it too my acount master card that i have please call me at [protected] im sick of this bull ### get back two me right a way please thanks

• Je
    Jeffrey Jimenez Oct 14, 2008

I know there is a problem with Greendot because there is no contact number or email address for any complaint or comment on their service. Their online website does not offer online refund. Should you have problem or if you think you are a victim of this scheme and you need your money back, please dont hesitate to file a complaint to consumer affair.

Jeff

• Gl
    glen gilliland sr. Oct 29, 2008

i just called to see what my balance is and they say my zipcode is not t he one on fild but it is and they woodnot let me give my soc. num. i need to taalk to a person. my home no. is [protected] my zipcode is 70443 indenpence, louisana. thanks

• Cu
    curtis mack bailey Oct 30, 2008

i have the same problems with netzero they tell one you one bill amount and charge you another and i only just subcribe for two months and it, s happen to me

• Am
    Amanda Nov 04, 2008

I cant even activate the card it keeps saying session expired and my 5th try it said my card number was invalid

• Am
    Amanda Nov 13, 2008

yeah so i got a hold of someone there at greendot wherever and they say none of my info matches theirs they want copies of my social and drivers license.i dont think so! its a prepaid card and all the hassle is ridiculous. I requested a full refund which they said i would recieve and have yet to see. I certainly hope i get my hard earned money back.

Rodney Orleck Nov 14, 2008

I have a large complaint with the way this company handles its customers. I have tried repeatedly to access my account on line and get refused every time. I have called and all I could get is a recorded answering service. The recording is a loop that does not address this problem. I have an unknown debit on my card and can't get any information who or why it is there. I believe as do others, this company is a scam to take or rob it's customers. I am dropping this service immediately! Thank God I did not let them into my checking account information or agree to edt from my account with my bank. This company is an American Rip Off. The key to that statement is I can not get a real person to take accountability or transpearancy for the wrongful mistakes they make. :"ooo52 This company is a Hoax!"

• Mi
    michael Nov 16, 2008

I've never had a card that was so reliable, and to make payments over the phone, and via internet. Greendot is a very good company, and I've been with them for years. Others stating that it's a scan is a lie. Greendot works for me !!

• Ri
    Rich Nov 28, 2008

I added 120.00 to my card to buy a textbook online on this Greendot. The card isn't showing the money I put on. I tried to call and I got a frigging answereing service that never leads you to a live body. Now I don't have the text book and I don't have the moeny either. If anybody can figure out how I can straighten out this bs I would appreciate a call I'm at [protected]

Rich

• Gr
    GreenDot Victim41 Feb 09, 2009

WOW!...Who would have thought?...
    Purchased numerous green dot cards over a period of 4 months and after attempting the activate my (6th) card with them I was told that I had reached a limit and was only allowed to activate 5 cards total!!!
    ...Well it gets better LOL..
    We all know that green dot will email you several times daily to let you know you card balance is at ZERO DOLLARS right? Yes well I got my share of those emails being that I only load the amount needed at the time on any that I purchase . Well they fail to tell you that UNLESS you call and CLEARLY STATE to them that you want the previous cards closed, you will continuously be billed the monthly fee of 4.95usd or whatever your card type allows for monthly fees.
    So as I attempted to activate my 6th card, I was also notifed that I owed 35usd in monthly fees. I talked calmly at first then ended up screaming and ranting to the rudest Service Rep imaginable!...
    3hrs later, another call in to them in attempt to try and figure this all out so I could have use of the 6th card, I get a supervisor that was a real smart ### and telling me that I NEED TO PAY MY DEBT and NO WE WONT ISSUE YOU A STATEMENT OF THE FEES YOU OWE US hahahah!
    Well, finally came down to me telling them to grab their fees and refund my balance from the 6th card and to CLOSE MY ACCOUNT...in which they made very clear that they would not submit anything in writing to me stating that my account was going to be closed nor the itimized fees as well.
    I just wonder?...Is anyone other than myself smelling something fishy with this company or is it just me? Im game for a suit..they picked the right unknowing consumer this time thats for sure!

• Ju
    Judy Bell Feb 12, 2009

I bought a visa green dot card and put my last 175.00 on it. I was told to call the number inside the card to activate it. What a joke!!! I can't get a card or my money back, why?????????????? The number I was given doesn't work. I get emails saying I know have 171.00 and when I send them back a reply I get a failed delivery. How can that be when they emailed me? I call customer service and can't get a real person to talk too. I want my money back and someone needs to call me. The whole amount including what I had to pay to try to get the card!

robin schwart Mar 09, 2009

ive been fighting to get my 113 dollars back for 33 days, cards dont work, cant get through phone, how convieniennt, waited 7-10 bus. days, from 2-4-9 still no refund! warning to all!!! fraud company do not buy greendot anything!!! robin schwartz. essexville, mi ps meijers sells, but dosnt take responsibility for this com. they represent...

jamel Mar 10, 2009

they do suck balls but after i called the custermer service number and ask to speak with a superviser we manaeged to work everything out

• Te
    Teresa Mar 16, 2009

I have had my premier card for almost a year. I have only been turned down for a puchase a couple times but always at the same store. I think it was their machine. I went to the ATM and was able to directly take money out. I don't have direct deposit but I am able to control what goes on there. Always pay my bills with the card and have not had a single problem. It is definitely the way to go for me. I give it two thumbs up.

• Tr
    tristina Mar 19, 2009

I LOVE GREENDOT~~ I have had it for over 2 years and it is amazing!

manskermary Mar 24, 2009

Its Walgreens, Ive had my premier card at least 3 or 4 yrs right when they came out I had no problems for like a year until my boyfriend used walgreens and he got two$500 reload cards it was late and they told him it would take about30 min not only that we had a nother 500.00 card we got later that wouldnt go on so they had 1500.00 and I had all the reciepts with all info. It took so long Theyhad me fax them everything twice, everytime I called I talked to someone who said it would be done, nothing!! This went on at least 6 months and then they started telling me to talk to security. I now use machine or walmart, It was a mess but not a scam, Use the greendot machine with the coin counter they are every where and deposit money instantly, other then that its great.

• Sh
    sheila torguson Mar 25, 2009

I have been using Green Dot for a year, I have had a few problems but called the customer service number on the back of card and so far they have eliminated the problems right away! The only complaint I do have is that even if you don't use your card for a couple of months then put money on it they take out the monthly service charge for the dormant month and I feel that is wrong! And needs to be amended!!!

• Ti
    tim547 Apr 03, 2009

i have a greendot card and can not activate it, i cannot click on nothing on the web site. this is so wrong.

• Ju
    june lawson Apr 03, 2009

I just want my card to work, I am trying to get web-hosting and domain name i found one but they say myvisa pre-paid shopping card they say the card number is wrong what do i do

• Er
    ErBrendia Jennings Apr 07, 2009

This card is a joke they charge for everything that you do with tis card loaded my card and try to send a payment off come to find out that they ahd took $4.95 off my card for some bull ### reason went to add the money back on my card and had to pay another $4.95 to load the card again, then they chagre you usint the card, this is tahe biggest rip off if I have seen one, some body need to turn these people in for fruad

• Pa
    Pattie Apr 23, 2009

I upgraded to re-loadable personalized debit card ... Talk about fraudelent charges occuring. From what I was told after staying on phn line for quite some time it commonly happens. I can see how These cards are purchased all across the United States in Drug Stores, Retail Stores, grocery stores. ! Since the stores are issued cards in numerical sequence. It is a true wonderment lol that they are error free. They are pretty good about refunding the charges. they just make you work for it. By having you write. Most people won't if its for a small amount. So thats how they are able to make the $$$$. In the 2 months I have had the card. I have had charges from gas stations, ATM charges. This is the second time I will be sending Letter of Dispute. I sent e-mail [email protected] Mailer Daemon stated that it tried 3x to send mail. One more and e-mail will be returned. So, as stated before I I wrote them
    and sent a Letter of Dispute! You have to be smarter then what you working with... LOL.. I now have decided
    as a good Christian woman that I wouldnt curse greendot until I see if credit charges will be issued. I now only purchase the good old loadable non refundable. Safer that way... I wonder if I could start a Class-Action Suit
    any lawyers out there?

• Wa
    warriordad57 Apr 30, 2009

I have never had ANY problems with Green Dot and I have had 2 cards with them. I have direct deposit and EVERY TIME my money is there EVERY month on TIME. Those that have trouyble, Sorry but you are doing something wrong some how. I pay all my bills and buy everything with it. NO TROUBLES. I have talked to ppl when I call them if I needed to.

• Di
    Diana Rodriguez May 04, 2009

This card has brought problems since the minute someone purchased it for me. I tried to pay my Verizon bill with it and it was declined, then I was hit up with a "decline fee". I asked for a "refund" back on the balance and have yet to receive a check in the requested amount. This is a HUGE hoax, and would not recommend it to ANYONE!! I DOT NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THESE PEOPLE ARE STILL IN BUSINESS. DO NOT BUY!!

• Ni
    Nitehawke May 11, 2009

There is NO "decline fee" on the Greendot visa cards! If the money's not there, they simply decline payment. I have FOUR of these cards and have had them for over two years. I have NEVER been charged for a declined payment!
    The charges are $14.95 for original purchase, $4.95 per month maint fee and $4.95 for each reload.
    Depending on where you buy your reload card, you can reload the visa immediately using the number on the reload card itself (Rite Aid), the number on the reciept (WalMart among others) or an hour later (WalGreens, no idea why). I've never had a problem reloading either online or by phone.
    I've used these cards to reserve plane tickets, hotel rooms, buy tickets for events, pay bills, pay for groceries, you name it.
    DON'T USE IT to "pay at the pump" for gas! Your purchase amount is irrelevant, the "authorized" amount will be held until the station's bank submits the actual purchase amount, at which time the proper amount will be deducted and the rest released.
    If you are reserving a rental car, hotel room or something similar, ask first what amount they hold as a security deposit. If you don't have the total rental PLUS the security, your card will be declined.

KNOW HOW TO USE THIS CARD and you will have few problems with it!

• Ni
    Nitehawke May 11, 2009

Patti, it's interesting how you mention that the stores are "issued cards in numberical sequence" - especially since Greendot visa and mastercards only have a paperboard "envelope" with instructions and an activation number, NOT THE CARDS THEMSELVES! It is only after activation that Greendot issues a card number and sends out the physical card.

Gift cards and one-time "bill pay" cards are a different matter altogether.

As to disputing charges by mail, EVERY credit card company requires disputes to be made in writing regardless of whether the card is pre-paid or credit. It's CYA since someone could conceivably get hold of your card number, report a dispute by phone and have the company send THEM a card in your name and transfer the balance. All they'd have to do is "correct" the mailing address info.

• Ha
    harley May 12, 2009

I ALSO HAVE A GREEN DOT VISA CARD I GOT FROM WAL MART AND SO FAR IT HAS WORKED OUT AMAZING FOR ME!!

• Da
    daniel May 20, 2009

ugh I HATE Green Dot, they keep taking money from me, i get that they need 4.95 a month but... why!? greed of course. someone needs to make a card that doesnt charge a monthly fee, nothing is for the people anymore, its only about money! i hate green dot.

• Sh
    SHOES May 23, 2009

I ONLY PURCHASED THE CARD TO GO OUT OF TOWN WITH INSTEAD OF CARRYING CASH, BUT CASH IS MUCH MORE SECURE THEN THIS COMPANY.
    I BOUGHT MY GREENDOT CARD AT K MART. I USED IT 2 TIMES TO PAY BILLS OVER THE TELEPHONE. I WENT LATER TO GET A FEW GROCERIES AND IT WAS DECLINED. I HAVE CALLED EVERY PHONE NUMBER I COULD FIND FOR THESE PEOPLE, AND I COULD NOT GET TO A ACTUAL PERSON AFTER OVER 2 HOURS OF PLAYING THE GAME THEY HAVE GOING. SO IF YOU SHOULD EVER NEED TO SPEAK TO A REAL PERSON REGARDING THIS PRODUCT. I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT THROUGH THE MAIL TO GET MY REFUND BACK AND I WILL NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN...VERY SHADY AT THE LEAST.
    BE WARE