Green Dot Moneypakstolen money

I bought the moneypak with the amount of $500 from green dot at a local walgreen for the first time on June 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM. On June 23, 2009, I tried to use this card to pay some bills but they said that all $500 was already withdraw into an account. I call their Lost & Stolen department to report right away and explain that I did not authorise this transation. They asked me to submit the original receipt for processing. I fax the receipt to them on the same day June 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM. And I even called 10 min later to make sure they received the fax and they verified that it was received. They instructed me to wait for two bussiness day. I called back after two days and they have not process the paper work and asked me to wait for another two business day. I called back four days later, they said that they will not process my claim any further due to the money was paid to a business and that was it. This is my first time using this kind of financial service and they are one of the largest company providing such product and service.
As I explain to Green Dot representative that I did not give any authorization nor provide pin for any business transactions. This money was stolen from me right after I bought the the card at local Walgreen or it may not even load into my card. If Green Dot can advise that the $500 was loaded to a "Partner Card belonging to another customer" then who is this customer. I want proof, name, and transaction receipt, etc. They should investigate further rather concluded that I "may have attempted to use the MoneyPak" after I told them that I did not activation the pin numbers. Since they are a big corporation, they can just say whatever they want to. Isn't that what their "Lost & Stolen" department for? Must I file the police report for this lost and stolen to get the service to pursue the investigation further with them? What kind of support is this for their product to the consumer? My claim should be good enough for them to find out who stole this money. I still want them to track this money down to whoever that they said from the partner card customer and refund my stolen money. My Houston police report case number is [protected] but they will not do anything unless a subpoena is served.

• Di
    Dianne Moore45 Mar 13, 2018

How can I report them they just stole 300$ from me!!! I’m pissed

• El
    Ella Jackson Jun 08, 2016

I had brought three green dot cards and I still haven't received my money yet. The amounts are 110.00; 70.00; 70.00. That is a shame. The phone number on the cards do not work anymore.

• Do
    dona rice May 22, 2016

Greendot will steal your money, this is my experience with them $568.00 was just a hold, lasting 3 months, yea, right, , , , , , , , then they changed my transaction history, messed with my time and would not assist me with nothing, just kept say ing wait for x amount of days...Wait for the drop off date, what is that? and then after 4 months of fighting for the money ...I loaded ...They just stold my money...I would never do business with these liars and thieves ...This county should be assamed of themselfs allowing this kind of service to take place in our country...They are the big financial service for us ...God help us...
    I truly want an attorney to help file a class aciton law suit...Please help anyone because i, we dont deserve this kind of criminal service in our system.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
    Dona rice

• Je
    Jeff McLaughlin Jan 23, 2015

Case# sf 310-457

marcellous Jan 19, 2015

I got a money pak from 7-11 for $60 on 1/5/15 at 9:36pm and went home and went to sleep when I woke up the next morning to load onto mycard they said the numbers had already be applied to a card.customer service is a joke...WTF

• Ds
    Dsr2006 Dec 12, 2014

I bought a moneypak from cvs for 400 and went home and account showed 0.00 !! What the hell!!! No because christmas is in 2 weeks i have suffered this loss.. I don't know what to do about it. THIS IS A SCAM!!! I caint believ this even exist and is allowed to keep going

• It
    It's Bri Nov 19, 2014

The same thing is happening to me I just card a card from cvs for 200 Monday November 17, 2014. I tried to load my funds supposedly a 0 balance... How is this even possible it didn't even go into my paypal when I tried to process it.. I will be suing for more than 200 if I don't et my money back soon because these people are fraud and don't care about customers in very disgusted with green dot!

• Pl
    Please help us ! Nov 14, 2014

My first and last experience with this bad business that is left me homeless because my money was taken something has to be done, lets all get together and file a law suit against this business, someone please help us !

• Pl
    Please help us ! Nov 14, 2014

Im not gonna tell my story because its just like the rest and I feel sick to my stomach about this all so I think we all should get together and file one big law suit against this business Money Pak ! Someone anyone please help us !

• De
    Derek 1971 Nov 01, 2014

I got three cards 1 for 165 1for120 and 1 for110 can't reload them says the money is not there what do I do

• Ph
    phuck_MD Oct 17, 2014

Everyone stuck in the frustrating claim cycle of resending pics only to have your claim closed due to no pics received. Call [protected] and select option #8. They will look for your faxes and attach them to your claim for review.

marianne lascio Oct 17, 2014

uploaded 227.oo went to add on card it was gone .

• Ni
    Nikki08 Sep 28, 2014

I am the victim of a scam. Someone called me claiming to be The Department of legal affairs and they had a warrant for my arrest because I owed thousands in taxes. Freaking out, I bought a bunch of green dots and was scammed for thousands of dollars over 50, 000. Is there a way to track who and where the money was offloaded? I read the numbers to the fraudster but the cards and receipts are with the police when I filed a report. Someone help please! Over 50, 000 was worth over a year of hard work and that money I had planned for retirement, a new house, car, and a much needed vacation. Now I can't do any of those and am back to square one working overtime to earn over a year worthy of salary! WARNING everyone beware the number [protected]. Look it up online and you will see it is a SCAM!!!

• Ty
    tyrel Sep 26, 2014

I also purchased several green dot cards I purchased seven at a Kroger store yesterday on the 24th of September roughly around 32 hundred dollars I was sending it to a supposed to be loan company cause they said I was approved for a 3000 dollar loan and i would receive the loan amount plus the money i sent they said i would receive a check for 3300 dollars and one for 2800 dollars they said they would send the check after I pay the shipping costs which was gonna cost me another 650 dollars i told them I didn't have the funds i sent them all I had so he say what can you pay can i pay the 490 i had to borrow five hundred from my girlfriend and they stated that i needed the 650 dollars so i can receive my check but the guy stated he would pay for one of the checks at this point i didn't have anymore cash now I'm thinking i just got robbed cause he said if i don't have the 650 then i couldnt get my check i stated just give my money back he told me i needed 401 dollars to cancel which i did not have so he states you can't get your check but hopefully green dot tracks down where the money went i filed my claim on the 25 of September hopefully they get back with me asap so i can know where my money went and get reimburse

• Te
    TEUJEW Sep 18, 2014

I have three cards that I loaded with 1500 dollars. They were stolen from me the same day. I immediately called money pack and they instructed me to send all my information of the cards to them. I was denied of my refund because they do not refund for stolen cards. If I knew how horrible this company was I would have never loaded the cards for that amount. Just stay away from this company, my advice to you! Never Again!

• Bl
    black girl Sep 13, 2014

Money pak is a damn scam. THEY ARE FRAUDS. I PUT MONEY ON THEY CARDS. THEY STOLE ALLL OF MY MONEY. I JUST WANTT MY MONEY BACK

• Ed
    ed hic Jul 17, 2014

I'm feed up with this! I purchased a GreenPak card for $500 back in May returned to the store once I found out there was no money on the card to the person that sold me the card she called the store manger who called the 800 number spoke to someone and then gave me the phone I spoke to the guy who gave me a gave me a fax that was given a number to fax in the copy of the card and recite which I did and was told I'd hear something within two business days, I never heard anything from them I call back and get another number from what the lady told me that wasn't the right number and then was given a reference used number to fax the paper work in again I did and again I was given a wrong number I'm out of $500 on their slip up? Who knows who could uhavesed my money all the times I had to send the card number in a person should be assigned to a case not everybody is about helping the next person!!! I need my money so will you find what's going on?

• Do
    dona2 Jul 03, 2014

Does anyone have a customer complaint number that does not ask for 16 digits? My card is missing digits cant reach anyone!!!

mayralozano18 Jun 12, 2014

I purchase two moneypaks i was gonna use it said we apologize to contact moneypak and greendot and i did and they said they haven't received no fax papers when i have proof i did and everything then they say its gonna be loaded buT never does i lost $450 dollars and i wanted to pay my bills now i can not even pay lost money they dont want to help me send them everything but says call two bussiness days it sucks then they charge 4.95 for every moneypak i will never use this again nor greendot!

• Di
    Dionne Stevenson Jun 11, 2014

I purchased a green dot Money pak today I loaded 300.00 I went to activate card i was told that no monies were there. I was told that i needed to contact complaints department their are no numbers on website to due so. I really need my 300.00 back to pay my car insurance due buy tomorrow. If there is someone out there that can help me pls email me with details

• Ji
    jimmy stafford May 10, 2014

i put money on my moneypak card tried to activate it and said was invalid # can nor finder a phone# to talk to anyone money pak is a rip off

JACKIE ALICEA Apr 23, 2014

t into the wrong hands .so i try to call money pak to cancal my card but the card on the back had a number that you couldnt find no one to cancal my card . no one to help you with any problem that you have. all it have was if you want to add more money or where to buy a card.. if they would of have a number to can xcal the card i would of have a chance to safe my money.i wii never give my buiness to them again because all they care is for u to put your moneyin after that you are on your own. they dont care what happen to you or your card.

• De
    Delarosa Apr 19, 2014

I purchased a $500.00 Green Dot MoneyPak on April 15th at 12p.m. And waited an hour to put the money on a prepaid card . When I went to put the money on my prepaid card it was saying $0.00 balance. There is no customer service number to call and the one on the back of the card wants you to put either your account number or your social security number. This is INSANE!!! If it was me Stealing money I would be in Jail right now with charges so SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE. I filed a Complaint but Green Dot is telling me that there is a THIRD PARTY involved. The ONLY THIRD PARTY IS WALGREENS because that's where I purchased the card from. I am so upset and don't know what to do!!!

• Nc
    NC STATE RULES14 Apr 09, 2014

Why should a money company ask for and keep your Social Security Number and Birth day?
    You are only dealing in Cash Transactions, WHY WHY WHY?

sandy perry Mar 22, 2014

The same thing happened to me but I bought mine Moneypak from rite aide the money was gone I got the run around. faxed my receipt to them to the number they gave me a few times they never received it they said... gave me another fax number that didn't work called them over and over about the fax number they said they received it from the first fax number but couldn't use because it was in a different department.. Now the 10 days i had to send them my receipt it up so they cant refund my money because i didn't follow procedure. So they dropped the complaint.. what a rip off

• Jn
    JNL4ever7 Feb 23, 2014

Same thing happened to me, I put 200 dollars on a moneypak & called to check balance & it said the money had already been used. So I talked to someone in the Lost & Stolen dept. & they told me to fax the receipt & copy of card, so I did that. Well they said they would investigate it and I would receive a refund. Well needless to say its been 5 months and I haven't received ###. This company sucks & I hope someone does sue the hell out of them!

andre isom Feb 12, 2014

I put $450 on a green dot pack card and my money was not only once I reach my car in the parking lot of a pharmacy. I haven't had a chance to even spend any of my own money and I don't think that's right. I'm asking that you guys help solve the problem and reimburse my $450 back on the Green Dot card. I have taken pictures of the front and the back of the green dot package card. I have also taken a picture of the receipt after I purchased the card for 5 dollars. I would really appreciate if you reimburse the money that was put on the card. Thank you and have a blessed day. Please contact me at my email address [email protected] or by phone [protected] / [protected]

• Br
    brendaj01 Jan 20, 2014

on 1/7/14 i brought a $300 moneypak card from my local walgreens.On 1/8/14 I tried to reload my prepaid card & wasn't able because someone used the card & the kick is they we're able to retrieve $2, 000 & some change from the card, but I only loaded $300 so how was that possible? WOW RIGHT same thing i said.On 1/8/14 a claim was opned up & 1/13/14 my claim was closed due to false information there customer service rep noted in there comouters. Then on 1/13/14 i was able to reopen up another claim because miscommunication on there end. Greendot corp investigated my claim for 5 days i sent over the requested forms the front & back moneypak card & my receipton 1/14/14. On 1/20/14 they came to a resolution that "I" gave my moneypak numbers to someone. They also said they can see where the funds was retrieve from & what account the funds we're put in, but for me the gain that information i must file a police( which i will) they also blocked the card for no longer using it with greendot corp. GREENDOT MONEYPAK IS A SCAM I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN IM ALSO REPORTING THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I WILL NOT GIVE UP UNTIL I RETRIEVE MY $300.

• St
    Stovall25 Jan 02, 2014

So upset with money pak I added a 100.00 went to add it to my card it was gone.

• St
    Stovall25 Jan 02, 2014

I am so upset loaded a 100.00 on money pak they said money was tooken off already. .

• Si
    simply beauty Dec 30, 2013

I purchased a green Dot loaded $200 when i tried to use my card they told me my card was $000 it has already been used then i tried calling to complain they told me to fax a copy of the front and back with the receipt but i did all that and they saying they didn't get it i did it again they still saying they didn't get it if you all me i think it's a inside thing they know what there doing sitting around taking peoples money... If you all me I'll tell people don't use there cards are anything else there not right i will get to the bottom of this

• To
    tommy joe bailey Nov 19, 2013

I bought a green dot money pack from my local Walgreens in corpus Christi Texas. I put $500 on it and went home and waited 2 days because i have been very busy at work, i finally tried to load my paypal account and it said i had a zero balance, i called the resolution department and they told me to fax them the original receipt and a picture of the card i bought. They make it seem like im some sort of thief i think the clerk at Walgreens ripped me off but we shall see what they say.

madddd1 Nov 17, 2013

I bought a money pack reload to add to my Walmart card. Called the 1800 Greendot number, loaded the funds of 365.00, it said my new balance was 370.00 when I hung up. I went to the atm and said it had only a balance of 5.00, I waited hours and still my balance said only 5.00. I checked online at the Walmart money card site, 4 hours later still no record of me adding the funds to the card. This is insanity and unfair I am hiring an attorney and I don't care if I have to spend 5, 000 dollars I will be reimbursed by this company for what they have done to me and obviously several hundred others. This is the most crooked and unfair prepaid card I have ever got or heard of. NEVER will I use this card or recommend this card to anyone else EVER!!!

A Very Angry Women Oct 23, 2013

I had bought a money pack for 125.00 in July. When I scratched the numbers on the back half of them were not there. I called to get the number to load the money but the number I was given was some one else's money pack number and for the wrong amount. One of my cards have been cancelled due to this and was my fault. I have been requesting my money back since then. All I get is different people telling me different things, my clams keep getting cancelled, my faxes seem to never get received but when they do its to late to use them cause once again the clam has been cancelled and they cant use it. All I want it my money back so I can never use them again.

Chris Hayes Sep 29, 2013

The same thing happen to me at buying a money pak reload at CVS. I could not make out what all the numbers on the money pak was so I called them and they said they would call me back with the fight number and they did call back in about two hours. I tried to load it to my pre-paid card and I found out that it was used two hours ago before they even called me with the number. They are stealers and are not to be trusted at all.

• Mi
    MixedByBL Sep 24, 2013

I will Never Use moneypak ever again in my Life!! I Bought a $100 MoneyPak to load my paypal up to purchase something. Got home scratched the numbers off and it says 0 balance. I filed a dispute. They told me there was and usage on the card. I asked if it was paypal because there is no money showing in my account. She said no, but I cannot get my money back, So I am telling everyone that is trying to use moneypak do not do it. because obviously someone has eyes that can see through the grey trip and get the card number off so when go to use it it's empty. I am highly upset. I will never use anything greendot in my Effing life again.

Joylittle123 Sep 17, 2013

I have purchased moneypac to load on my walmart card did it online only because I was ordering clothes for my daughter and had
    two windows up at once loaded my card and placed my order immediately and only had like $4.00 left. This is how I keep from getting scammed also always afraid of companties taking out more than is there especially when I order from a companty never ordered before. I only load the card with enough to cover my order and a few dollars left but do it immediately online. I have not had any problems by doing it this way. I feel for those that got taken.

Avitas Sep 13, 2013

Yet even more drama...green dot still has not processed the refunded charges...and now for some reason some of the money pak's I have loaded over the past week or so have disappeared from my transaction history and now my balance is a negative $151. LMAO. It's actually comical. I am sure that sometime in the next 12 hours they will correct that. But then again who knows. It's green dot.

Avitas Sep 10, 2013

And now green dot tells me I may not get the refunded charges back until 9/18. They claim it will depend on the merchant and how long the merchant holds the charge. I again told them I talked to the merchant and the merchant reversed the charges within hours after I made them, and they are not holding the charge. But again green dot claims it may not be until 9/18, and if I don't get it they can help me "dispute the charges". Yet the only dispute I have is with green dot not processing them. uggh.