Grand Canyon Universitycommunication & support

J

My wife has been having issues with the lack of communication from GCU staff that has resulted in her inability to register for summer classes to finish her B.A. This process started 3 MONTHS ago. There simply is no excuse for this.

About two and a half weeks ago it seemed things were finally rolling. She was then informed her account was placed on hold because of an outstanding balance. It's funny since she had been away for over two years that 'now' when she comes back to finish the three credits to complete her degree it is being called to her attention. She has all the documentation showing it being paid from her account. This was all paid with student loans and scholarships. Apparently it is being researched by the staff - very slowly I might add. It has been 2 weeks since hearing anything. She has even left messages.

I see that Mr. Bill Jenkins of GCU has been responding to complaints from this board. Mr. Jenkins, if you are reading this, I will have my wife contact you directly and maybe you can help her out. I hope this offer is sincere as what I have read on this board is calling doubt to the business practices of this university.

I really don't know why it even had to come to this. We are consumers in the end and we have a choice when it comes to education. Here's hoping my wife chose wisely.

John

• Bi
    Bill Jenkins Jun 10, 2010

John:
    Please have your wife contact me. I guarantee someone in senior management will deal with her issue immediately once I receive her contact information. This is not an empty promise.
    Again, I apologize for our past service and the problems this has caused for you.
    Sincerely,
    [protected]@gcu.edu
    602.315.5566

John in AZ Jun 10, 2010

Bill,

I sincerely thank you for your prompt response. I have forwarded your info to my wife and she will contact you when she is able to as she works. I will add that her time at GCU as a student was very good and she loved the classes and instructors. That's why this current experience leaves us at a loss.

John

JohnInAZ Jul 02, 2010

Hi Bill,

Well my wife emailed you on June 11th. Hadn't heard back as yet. She also had attempted contact with the person she was working with before - no reply.

I convinced her to call today. She has left a voice message.

I'm finding it hard to believe that her emails and phone messages have gone unanswered so long. We would appreciate a response.