Goldcarunethical behaviour

K

I rented a car from gold car and was told the 216 euro was a deposit when I asked for what I was paying for. I should have known as every body that was being asked for to pay extra insurance was refusing it but the lady that served me did not ask she did not even speak to me, just handed me a docket and asked for credit card, I asked her what the payment was for and she said its only a deposit. I had rented a car some months ago and the girl that served me got very annoyed when I said I did not want extra insurance and that I had allready got cover elsewhere.
I also left my satnav in the car when I returned it, I rang from airport and the girl said they would be emailing me for address to post it to me.
A lot of time and phone calls to a host of different no have left me with no answers apart from "we are having technical problems at the moment can you ring back in an hour" and stuff like that.
So the full cost to a car from goldcar has come to about 490 euro all told.
My booking no is 9152981
Name kevin kavanagh
Date of hire 9 to 16 feb.
Just in case someone might get in touch with me.

RESOLVED

• Goldcar Rental Jun 17, 2016

Dear Kevin,

Please note that as is common practice in the rent-a-car sector, basic coverage always contemplates an excess. We offer an additional insurance for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card.

If you have any questions please contact me at [protected]@goldcar.com with your query and I will answer ASAP.

Kind regards,