GoldCar Rental / car rental

1 Italy

I rented on Doyouspain.com with the company Goldcar two cars for my stay ( we land at midnight of March 10th and departure at 11 a.m on the March 12th) with my friends in Tenerife with an original price of 26, 16€ per car, paid online. Then we arrived at the airport to collect the cars, we went to the Goldcar and two workers started the paperwork, and that when we realized something was wrong, first the two give us different prices for each car and added this and that for us to pay, so we stopped them and told them why the conditions are different for two exactly same car and what did we paid for online ?! At this point we paid for the first car an extra 210€ plus the fee we paid online, very upset for being scammed because the price, we told them that we just want one car since the workers were very unprofessional, making a lot of mistakes . We preferred to lose the 26, 16€ that we already paid for the second car and went to rent from another company and paid more than half the price of Goldcar but with much much better service. Even after we felt robbed and were treated very poorly by the Goldcar workers, we didn't want to ruin our little stay in Tenerife so we paid and 5 of us used the car that Goldcar rented to us to get to the hotel vincii which was about 10minutes from the airport. The car felt very uncomfortable to drive but since we are no expert in cars, we just thought that was normal since is a car we never drove before and we were sure that a company that rent cars do their job properly and check their car regularly for the customers to drive safely after they ask so much money, right? On the next day we went to the volcano teide as we planned before, we had a very rough car journey and then we were half way from driving down from the mountain, I stared to feel that the car's BRAKES wasn't working !!! I was really afraid for our lives and want desperately to stop the car since we were going down from high altitude and we could fell from a cliff if the car won't stop, because we weren't going fast we manage to pull the car and tried to park safely but without the brakes was so hard and dangerous, we went off road a little. Scared and shocked, local people of the little town that saw us came to the rescue and helped us to push the car back to the road. We called the assistance of Goldcar and then the local people also speak to the in Spanish to make the situation very clear to them, the assistant just told us to wait for the Goldcar driver to come and pick the broken car in about half and hour or forty minutes then call them again to collect us and take us to the airport to get another car! We told them that we don't want to ever use another car from them because we don't want to risk our lives another time e want at least a refund !!! We waited for more than an hour but no one from Goldcar came, so the local people explained to the Goldcar assistant and they agreeed to give the key to the driver of Goldcar when he shows up. The locals called a taxi for us and we went back since we already waste so much time of our little stay and got such a big scare, but still hoped that the Goldcar company will take responsibility. A few hours later I called the assistance again because they told me nothing about the situation, clearly they were just happy they got the money and don't care about the customers at all ! The assistance told me to call customer service who was not helpful at all and nothing was explained to me or mention an apology or a refund !
When we arrived on the morning of the 12th at Goldcar window and explained the situation and wanted someone to explain us what to do, the worker was so rude and gave a complaint form to fill and treated us like trash or criminals when the goldcar should be arrested for almost killing us !!! I filled the complaint form and asked a refund but when I got back in Italy I just received and email from customer service that says that their are top company with high quality service but sometimes this can happen because they have so many cars and customers!!! I'm beyond disgusted, they didn't gave us our money back nor apologize but just wash their hands off ! This can be accepted ! we paid for nothing, we couldn't use the car or the fuel or the insurance that they made us pay! I want a proper respond and and a concrete solution for what happened to us ! It's our right as a customers !

GoldCar Rental