Global Winners InternationalPhone calls

I'd just like to add that I also received repeated calls from Global Winners International telling me i'd won 2 million dollars, if only i sent them $299. even though i told them i was not going to send them any money, they keep calling claiming to be legitimate. I called the police in the town they told me to send the money to, but the police felt the scam was untraceable. Is there no relief? I worry for the aged and inferm who may actually take this seriously. What to do?

• Go
    Gordon Wayne Apr 10, 2018

I received a call from "Global Winners Sweepstakes" saying I had won 2.5 Million and a new car Mercedes Benz. I was to send them $825 TO COVER REGISTRATION AND MISC. CHARGES BY MONEY ORDER to someone in New Jersey then they would deliver my winning immediately.

Gordon Crawford Utah

• Na
    natalie959 Sep 21, 2012

I am currently a student in a university in Canada. Today I received a call from a woman who had a strong Philippine accent and I will admit her English was not easy to understand. She told me that I am eligible to $ 300, 000 so I automatically thought that it came from the financial institution that students use a loans and funds. When I asked her about it she simply agreed that it was it, however the amount seemed way to high to be true She also said that she is working with CIBC channel and film crew would come to my house to video tape my excitement over the package containing the money. Then she started to sound too trained in a way that in every two sentences she will add "trust me please, I am a 32 years old mother, it is true" and "I have no time to waist or games to play ". Every time I would ask her a question she would repeat her "trained mode sentences ... trust me ! not playing games with you!". Then when I asked her again about the company she said she is from Global Winners International and she simply wants me to exclaim my money. And all I had to do is send her $200 through money order or Western Union to the address of her main offices in Jamaica. she failed to explain to me why I need to pay 200 for the package, so I told her to subtract 200 from my price but she failed to explain why she cant do that. all she could do is tell me how I should trust her and that it is not a game. After eleventh call she stop trying to convince me. These people need to start working instead of stealing the money from poor innocent people. How annoying it is that there are always those who try to cheat everyone and make money easy while other suffer and sweat to support themselves and their families.

• Ga
    Gary McCoy Nov 09, 2011

I just received a similar call telling me that I just won 2 1/2 million dollars and a new mercedes from having my name drawn in a second chance drawing. All I have to do to collect my winnings is to send $250 (to cover incidental expenses in getting my money and new car to me. I'm to use Western Union and provide the 10 digit control number that Western Union will furnish me to Mark Meyers on [protected]. Mark originated the call to me and was amazed that I hadn't already received the official notification that I had won the money and car. My $250 is to go to Kissiant Grange in Hanover, Jamaica, W I (with "W I" indicating whcih contest I won, meaning second chance in the Winners International drawing). I did ask for some official notice of my winning the contest, which I don't remember entering? Mark said that would be furnished as soon as he had the Western Union control number. Wednesday 11/9/11

• Si
    six30 May 13, 2011

Tell them to send you the 2 Million dollars and just deduct the $299 from it! Kidding aside, tell them you're interested only to find out more information on them. Ask for corporate papers, where their business is registered, how it works and all the good stuff-Either they will be dumb enough to give you clues how they can be caught OR they will stop calling you.