Global Exchange Vacation ClubHow to get rid of this Scam Vacation Club

J Review updated:

Yearly we pay an assessment for properties we have no membership privileges. We have to pay an exchange fee for every rental to RCI, even the ones on the Escrow papers
Global Exchange Vacation Club offers no benefits or better RCI exchange privileges.

This club seems to be a real estate scam. Is it best to file a claim with the state? Or what is the best way to get rid this membership or to stop GEVC from taking advantage of customers?

More Global Exchange Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews

• Ra
    Raful Aug 10, 2009

Same here, promised $100 for gas but submitting the $20/mo seems to be useless. I suppose that promises by this company cannot be taken seriously. Avoid them.

• Cu
    Customer Service - GVMC Sep 08, 2009

If you have any questions or problems regarding the promotional offer, contact the customer service department at (800) 655.9247

Global Vacations Marketing Corporation

• Ga
    gallegos Oct 12, 2009

Did anyone out there purchase the Timeshare through Global Exchange Vacations Club and are having problems with the company?

Problems cancelling your membership for something you're not receiving?

I have the same problem. Lets do something about it. Lets pressure their Napa sales office.

LETS FIGHT BACK !!!

email me. [email protected]

Flor Magaly Dec 11, 2018

@gallegos this people scam people out of thousands of dollars

• Jd
    jdfig611 Mar 28, 2011

It has been difficult selling the my Global Exchange Vacation club since there really there isn't specific home location or ownership in real estate.
    This has been a lesson learned not to become involve with any timeshare or vacation club because they are more costly than what you receive.

• Pe
    penelopetorribio Aug 29, 2015

It has been a negative and costly learning experience. After showing us all these beautiful places it turns out that 10, 000 earns you 10, 000 points. You can't even go to palms springs for less than 40, 000 points. You have to pay hundreds of dollars in fees to carry it over every year plus matenance fees. We could have taken three or four gray vacations with our 10, 000 dollars. Instead we are trying to save up enough points for one vacation. Don't ask about the supposed free trip to Catalina. It was so horrible we had to find our own hotel and pay a great deL of money for an unplanned room expense. Don't sign up. It's to late for us-though I would mind a class action suite. I feel sorry for all the people who signed up, they were so excited and then nothing. Penelope [email protected]

Flor Magaly Dec 11, 2018

@penelopetorribio I went trough the same problem I want to fight back but I don't know where to stART

• Yl
    ylkaren Dec 21, 2017

We paid over $13, 000 for this scam!!! and now we are supposed t pay $655.20 per year for "maintenance"...on what? We don't have anything. I used them one time for a trip to Mexico...expensive trip!!! When I've looked for a place I've either found they don't have anything in that area or nothing is available...BUT I can get points!!! I don't need POINTS!!! It's unbelievable to me that this company hasn't been sued and put out of business...it's worthless. Now even after we paid this thing OFF, our perfect credit may be messed up if we decide not to pay the maintenance fee.

• Bo
    Bosao Jul 14, 2018

@ylkaren I was scammed. What should I do? [email protected]

Flor Magaly Dec 11, 2018

I was also scammed . I went to claim a trip that I had won and got into signing up for this did a 600 and something down payment and payed for a few months I tried to cancel and no one ever assisted me on this. so I left it alone and turns out that now it showed up on my credit score that I owe 7700 dollars. I don't know what to do I tried calling them to find out which bank facilitated this money to them and they won't tell me. what advice do you give?

• Je
    JenniferPcna Jan 14, 2019

I've come to realize that after attending many timeshare presentations, this one is no different than the rest. They all hide behind the written agreement and documents disclosed during the 2 hours we were there. The only different with this company is it's more of a travel club and not a timeshare. That's why there is a Certificate of Title and not a Deed. After filing a complaint and being loud about my issues, it comes down to the fact that as long as there are options in the world I can travel, it proves the membership works even though its not the area I may be interested in. If there were never any results, it would be useless but because technically there are places to book, they can say inventory is "upon availability" and cancelling because you cannot get to YOUR specific place, is not grounds to cancel. My $5000 learning lesson is not worth the headache of taking anyone on when I know I did sign off on these stipulations. Moving forward, I now ready all my purchase agreements for anything I buy without being rushed.

Johnny R Aug 01, 2019

Is there a class action against them? How can we participate. WE need OUT of GVEC. Since we stopped RCI, they have ZERO to offer us that is remotely close to what they promised.

Johnny R Aug 01, 2019

@Johnny R Correction: GEVC = Global Exchange Vacation Club. Typed too fast.

• Fr
    Fred Wang Oct 25, 2019

I am in the same shoes as everyone. I want to cancel my membership. I'm done paying for this scam. Please help.

• Li
    lizwgates Dec 23, 2019

Same here, I have had enough! has anyone figured out a solution other than hiring a lawyer for $2000?

• La
    Laura Wilkett Feb 01, 2020

It's heartbreaking to see how many of us were taken by this company. You can bet they are living high off the money they scammed from so many of us! If anyone figures out a way to get this to stop, they need to let everyone else know. I did contact one of those "cancel your timeshare" companies, but they said they can only take action on real timeshares - they have had no success with these so-called vacation clubs. Ugh - figures.

• Ta
    Tamara Lawson Feb 17, 2020

Same here. We are looking to get out of Global Exchange. They don't deliver what they advertise.

Guirola Jun 30, 2020

@Tamara Lawson Lets open a case, maybe we can get our money back if we all fight.

• Ta
    Tamara Lawson Feb 17, 2020

Maybe we can do a class action.

• Ex
    ExtendedFamily Feb 21, 2020

We too have been scammed by this company and two more. However, I did sue based on the "robocalling" and the personal information that others were allowed to hear in that call in that call. They backed off, but we are not out of the woods. It is time to demand our legislative bodies to get involved. This is an election year and we need to make a HUGE noise. Here in California, it is administrated by the Real Estate Director, but that does nothing for us. We elect officials to look after our interests as citizens of the country and our residential states. We must demand a retroactive decision of these "so-called" timeshare laws that isn't protecting us. And, why must we pay extra thousands of dollars to get out of these already costly, illegal and unjustly administered bad instruments of fraud. They should not be allowed to harm us in any form or fashion until this industry has been scrutinized to protect consumers and enact fairness. Join me in writing to your legislative body. A form letter is going around demanding their attention this election year. Stop Florida timeshare laws from gerrymandering legislators.

Guirola Jun 30, 2020

@ExtendedFamily I would do it if you send me the address please.

• Jd
    JDiPi May 18, 2020

If any of you want to start a lawsuit again this company, I am all in.

@JDiPi I am

[email protected] Jul 13, 2020

@JDiPi I'm in because i want out of this and need help especially were not using it because of the covid19.

• Sp
    Sp112 Jun 20, 2020

Anybody find a solution?! Because this is nonsense!

@Sp112 Join to start a lawsuit

Guirola Jun 30, 2020

I am ready to go public and tell the whole US about that scam Global Exchange . Who wants to fight, they have to come down hill if we take action, but if we only talk and do nothing they will continue milking the cow .

• Wa
    Wannida Nunez Scott Jul 10, 2020

What needs to be done? I'm in.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices