Global Exchange Vacation ClubHow to get rid of this scam vacation club

J Review updated:

Yearly we pay an assessment for properties we have no membership privileges. We have to pay an exchange fee for every rental to RCI, even the ones on the Escrow papers
Global Exchange Vacation Club offers no benefits or better RCI exchange privileges.

This club seems to be a real estate scam. Is it best to file a claim with the state? Or what is the best way to get rid this membership or to stop GEVC from taking advantage of customers?

More Global Exchange Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews

• Ce
    Cesar Perez Oct 05, 2021

Fit your complaints here: https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/gencomplaint.php

If anyone goes through with filing a class action lawsuit, I'm in!

• Mi
    MissMayra Aug 05, 2021

This is the link on how to start a class action

I'm surprised it hasn't been filed yet. Any lawyers here?

• Mi
    MissMayra Aug 05, 2021

Hello,

Does anyone have information on the class action lawsuit?

Thanks

javanna Mar 15, 2021

We're in the same situation as everyone else. They've sent us to collections and reported it to the credit bureau, but this is outrageous! We were never able to book any vacation and they continue to add to the amount reported to the credit bureau. We're willing to join anyone in a class action suit. Please let me know if anyone has any other solutions.

Anna

• Pw
    P W100 Jul 14, 2021

@javanna Have you had any help regarding your situation because I am searching for help too There seems to be a run around

javanna Mar 15, 2021

We're willing to join a class action suite. They've sent us to collections and reported us to the Credit Bureau. We were never able to do anything with the points. I don't understand how they can get away with this. If anyone knows what we can do please let me know.
    Anna

• Su
    super grandpa Dec 31, 2020

I've used the membership 2 times and had to pay the rci fee. basically it gives you access to rci. they always try to sell the max 30000 points per year at the sales meeting. there very few resorts that will let you rent a week at 10000 points and nothing is free. the membership is useless for rooms but can be used for flight payment assistance and hotel 1 night stays plus cash. get out while you still can.

• Ka
    Kathy Ston Dec 29, 2020

On December 23, 2020 I received a NOTICE OF DEFAULT for amounts GEVC contends I owe them amounting to $812.97 including late fees. They end the letter stating they could enforce a lien against me and bill me attorney fees and that they could retain the membership and repossess the points in lieu of pursuing the deficiency against me. All of this occurs within 30 days unless I pay extra money. Ironically, I never received any billing from them. My membership was totally paid up. Approximately $8, 000 to be exact. I have no idea about the specific breakdown of late fees, costs, etc., as I never heard from GEVC once my membership was paid off.

This was membership that I was unable to use since I purchased it. The points that GEVC purports to give from RCI are not able to be used. 10, 000 points won’t get you a place to stay, and never did, even when I bought my vacation package back in 2013. I discovered worldwide that there were no venues that aligned with the point values of 10, 000 points. GEVC never specifies what 10, 000 points will get you until you start making plans to take your vacation. It’s only then that you find out that you can’t leave home on 10, 000 points. However, according to the salespeople that I encountered in Long Beach, they had all booked their vacations through GEVC. Their presentation was not only misleading but outright FRAUD. You are never told, despite asking what 10, 000 points will buy. Individuals are instead told that they can take their vacations on 10, 000 points.

The man that gave the presentation stated that he had taken his family to Phuket, Thailand while another salesperson and his wife had taken a vacation in Mexico. I discovered that you can’t book resorts where and when you'd like and I determined that it's much cheaper to book accommodations on Hotels.com or one of the other sites then to book through GEVC's overpriced “vacation club”. And the good news is that it's much cheaper and more efficiently than under GEVC's phony points program.

On another note, when the telemarketers in Long Beach called my home, they reached my boyfriend who was promised a free 3 day 2 night vacation to Hawaii to attend your presentation. As an inducement to buy, I was also offered a cruise to Mexico When I sent the information in to the travel company to redeem the voucher for the Hawaii trip.. It was then that I discovered that this wasn’t isn’t a vacation that you can schedule, and it was not meant to be free. Thankfully, I was smart enough to research the voucher scam as so many other people had gotten duped that the company responsible for scheduling the Hawaiian trip had hundreds and hundreds of negative comments. Some people had actually paid all of the fees and did their Hawaiian Vacation through the voucher company. Those reviews stated they spent much more for the trip than they would have paid if they had paid for it directly.

There is no secured interest in this vacation club as I do not own a deeded interest in a timeshare. Even though this membership was sold to me as a Timeshare, and to induce me to buy it, I was offered free vacations which were anything but free. I discovered there is no secured interest, I WOULD NEVER face a foreclosure on my credit report, despite the fact that GEVC contends they can sue for the deficiency and enforce said lien against me. All they REALLY sold me is a membership in a vacation club which actually can be compared with a membership in a country club that does not own a deeded interest in the golf course, but only the right to use the golf course subject to the terms of the membership contract.

What distinguishes the “vacation club” from a timeshare is that a timeshare developer can only sell a finite number of weeks (52 at most per unit) whereas a vacation club sells an infinite amount of memberships often in excess of the resorts capacity. Therefore, there could be NEVER BE A FORCED SALE. Once 30 days lapses, they intend to retain my membership and sell this membership the same way they sold to me, to some poor unsuspecting person, who will figure out that 10, 000 RCI Points WILL NOT get him a vacation and NEVER WILL and that he can do better at Hotels.com. Also Global Exchange Development Corp is really one and the same, as GEVC.

GEVC threatens that at their discretion they can enforce Lien actions to satisfy my purportedly SECURED obligation, rather than to offer some form of payment to reimburse me for what I have already paid for this false and misleading “VACATION membership”, which was paid for in full. So based on this letter, it is clear to me that they don't think the membership is worth anymore than $812.97, so they plan to retain it without offering some form of payment to someone who paid the membership in full. I believe they are obligated to do just that.

I am down for a class action suit with this company. It's amazing that they have been able to continue to operate.

Sarah.Hoff Jul 01, 2021

@Kathy Ston What happened at the end ? Were you able to get out ?

Mary May Dec 23, 2020

I too have been scam thousands of dollars with this company. Is there any way I can get out of this contract with them? Is the contract even valid? What happens if we don’t pay into the contract any more?

• Ge
    genas Dec 09, 2020

I also want out of my GEVC membership. It's paid off. I have 10, 000k annual RCI points but I was only able to ever use it once (in a 2 star Vegas resort). Any other time I have tried to use it I don't have enough points. I haven't paid the RCI fee in 2 years and now due to Covid I am unemployed and unable to pay the HOA fee that is due. I want out without having to pay to get out.

Has anyone successfully sold their membership or been able to give it back to GEVC at no cost?
    I am also down for a class action lawsuit! This company should be out of business!

• Sq
    Sqii Dec 05, 2020

I want out also, its time to pay the maintenance fee and don't want too. I've only used this one time, I want out!!

• Wa
    Wannida Nunez Scott Jul 10, 2020

What needs to be done? I'm in.

Guirola Jun 30, 2020

I am ready to go public and tell the whole US about that scam Global Exchange . Who wants to fight, they have to come down hill if we take action, but if we only talk and do nothing they will continue milking the cow .

• Le
    Leavin ALegacy Jul 14, 2020

@Guirola I also have been scammed by this company and I am so overwhelmed. I feel like there is no way out.

• Sp
    Sp112 Jun 20, 2020

Anybody find a solution?! Because this is nonsense!

@Sp112 Join to start a lawsuit

• Jd
    JDiPi May 18, 2020

If any of you want to start a lawsuit again this company, I am all in.

[email protected] Jul 13, 2020

@JDiPi I'm in because i want out of this and need help especially were not using it because of the covid19.

• Va
    Vanecx Nov 12, 2020

@[email protected] I would be interested in fighting this with others. There has to be some way to get out of this it can't possibly be for a lifetime. I can't believe this thing is in collections and still accumulating fees. I refuse to pay on something I can't use. They make it impossible and now with covid Traveling is on the list. I wonder if there is any thing in the contract that mentions national disasters.

• Ex
    ExtendedFamily Feb 21, 2020

We too have been scammed by this company and two more. However, I did sue based on the "robocalling" and the personal information that others were allowed to hear in that call in that call. They backed off, but we are not out of the woods. It is time to demand our legislative bodies to get involved. This is an election year and we need to make a HUGE noise. Here in California, it is administrated by the Real Estate Director, but that does nothing for us. We elect officials to look after our interests as citizens of the country and our residential states. We must demand a retroactive decision of these "so-called" timeshare laws that isn't protecting us. And, why must we pay extra thousands of dollars to get out of these already costly, illegal and unjustly administered bad instruments of fraud. They should not be allowed to harm us in any form or fashion until this industry has been scrutinized to protect consumers and enact fairness. Join me in writing to your legislative body. A form letter is going around demanding their attention this election year. Stop Florida timeshare laws from gerrymandering legislators.

Guirola Jun 30, 2020

@ExtendedFamily I would do it if you send me the address please.

• Ta
    Tamara Lawson Feb 17, 2020

Maybe we can do a class action.

• Ta
    Tamara Lawson Feb 17, 2020

Same here. We are looking to get out of Global Exchange. They don't deliver what they advertise.

Guirola Jun 30, 2020

@Tamara Lawson Lets open a case, maybe we can get our money back if we all fight.

• La
    Laura Wilkett Feb 01, 2020

It's heartbreaking to see how many of us were taken by this company. You can bet they are living high off the money they scammed from so many of us! If anyone figures out a way to get this to stop, they need to let everyone else know. I did contact one of those "cancel your timeshare" companies, but they said they can only take action on real timeshares - they have had no success with these so-called vacation clubs. Ugh - figures.

• Li
    lizwgates Dec 23, 2019

Same here, I have had enough! has anyone figured out a solution other than hiring a lawyer for $2000?

• Fr
    Fred Wang Oct 25, 2019

I am in the same shoes as everyone. I want to cancel my membership. I'm done paying for this scam. Please help.

Johnny R Aug 01, 2019

Is there a class action against them? How can we participate. WE need OUT of GVEC. Since we stopped RCI, they have ZERO to offer us that is remotely close to what they promised.

Johnny R Aug 01, 2019

@Johnny R Correction: GEVC = Global Exchange Vacation Club. Typed too fast.

• Je
    JenniferPcna Jan 14, 2019

I've come to realize that after attending many timeshare presentations, this one is no different than the rest. They all hide behind the written agreement and documents disclosed during the 2 hours we were there. The only different with this company is it's more of a travel club and not a timeshare. That's why there is a Certificate of Title and not a Deed. After filing a complaint and being loud about my issues, it comes down to the fact that as long as there are options in the world I can travel, it proves the membership works even though its not the area I may be interested in. If there were never any results, it would be useless but because technically there are places to book, they can say inventory is "upon availability" and cancelling because you cannot get to YOUR specific place, is not grounds to cancel. My $5000 learning lesson is not worth the headache of taking anyone on when I know I did sign off on these stipulations. Moving forward, I now ready all my purchase agreements for anything I buy without being rushed.

Flor Magaly Dec 11, 2018

I was also scammed . I went to claim a trip that I had won and got into signing up for this did a 600 and something down payment and payed for a few months I tried to cancel and no one ever assisted me on this. so I left it alone and turns out that now it showed up on my credit score that I owe 7700 dollars. I don't know what to do I tried calling them to find out which bank facilitated this money to them and they won't tell me. what advice do you give?

• De
    Dennis Dunham Oct 03, 2020

@Flor Magaly I believe the bank is Equiant Financial Services.

• Yl
    ylkaren Dec 21, 2017

We paid over $13, 000 for this scam!!! and now we are supposed t pay $655.20 per year for "maintenance"...on what? We don't have anything. I used them one time for a trip to Mexico...expensive trip!!! When I've looked for a place I've either found they don't have anything in that area or nothing is available...BUT I can get points!!! I don't need POINTS!!! It's unbelievable to me that this company hasn't been sued and put out of business...it's worthless. Now even after we paid this thing OFF, our perfect credit may be messed up if we decide not to pay the maintenance fee.

• Bo
    Bosao Jul 14, 2018

@ylkaren I was scammed. What should I do? [email protected]

• Pe
    penelopetorribio Aug 29, 2015

It has been a negative and costly learning experience. After showing us all these beautiful places it turns out that 10, 000 earns you 10, 000 points. You can't even go to palms springs for less than 40, 000 points. You have to pay hundreds of dollars in fees to carry it over every year plus matenance fees. We could have taken three or four gray vacations with our 10, 000 dollars. Instead we are trying to save up enough points for one vacation. Don't ask about the supposed free trip to Catalina. It was so horrible we had to find our own hotel and pay a great deL of money for an unplanned room expense. Don't sign up. It's to late for us-though I would mind a class action suite. I feel sorry for all the people who signed up, they were so excited and then nothing. Penelope [email protected]

Flor Magaly Dec 11, 2018

@penelopetorribio I went trough the same problem I want to fight back but I don't know where to stART

javanna Mar 17, 2021

@penelopetorribio We're in the same situation and don't know what to do. I wouldn't mind a class action suit either. Anyone know where we can start?

• Jd
    jdfig611 Mar 28, 2011

It has been difficult selling the my Global Exchange Vacation club since there really there isn't specific home location or ownership in real estate.
    This has been a lesson learned not to become involve with any timeshare or vacation club because they are more costly than what you receive.

• Ga
    gallegos Oct 12, 2009

Did anyone out there purchase the Timeshare through Global Exchange Vacations Club and are having problems with the company?

Problems cancelling your membership for something you're not receiving?

I have the same problem. Lets do something about it. Lets pressure their Napa sales office.

LETS FIGHT BACK !!!

email me. [email protected]

Flor Magaly Dec 11, 2018

@gallegos this people scam people out of thousands of dollars

Mariana Garcia Aug 04, 2020

@gallegos Has anyone gotten out of their contracts if so please let me know how

• Cu
    Customer Service - GVMC Sep 08, 2009

If you have any questions or problems regarding the promotional offer, contact the customer service department at (800) 655.9247

Global Vacations Marketing Corporation

• Ra
    Raful Aug 10, 2009

Same here, promised $100 for gas but submitting the $20/mo seems to be useless. I suppose that promises by this company cannot be taken seriously. Avoid them.