General Motors — warranty repairs that extend into warranty expired
So i have a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado I, purchased new. After about 45, 000 miles i get engine popping noise and ruff idle. Besides all the bs up front the final result is a tsb-ed to death truck 952 miles after a warranty replacement of the pistons and rings for oil consumption, the engine expires at the crankshaft. Gm customer service card reader, Janice, states " there is no warranty so to bad we can not do anything about it breaking down." I frustratedly get her to understand a little but to no avail is there any help in calling gm or chatting with customer service Janice or Stacy . When i asked to get UP TO the next level, I was informed this is as far as it can go. So Janice must be the CEO and Stacy evidently is the lead ??engineer.
So don't buy a Chevrolet because if they can't find the problem before the warranty expires-- to bad as per Janice and Stacy in customer service phone and chat. The first response says it all.
"its not a lifetime warranty it does expire." and so did my engine.
In 952 miles. So my oil usage and vibration was never repaired and its ok for the engine to launch the connecting rod right after the tsb repair had them ALL removed to change the pistons.
Thanks for nothing Chevrolet.
More General Motors Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration
- General Motors - a/c issues
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors Corporation - 2015 chevrolet z71