Geek Squad Mobile Insuranceinsurance rip off

I checked my bank statement recently and noticed a direct debit for the Carphone Warehouse for £26.75. and tried to remember when I last purchased something from them. Of course you can't actually speak to anyone, so I sent an email, asking to be contacted. To cut a long story short. I had taken out an insurance on a hand set in 2003, and was still paying this quarterly payment. I got in touch with wonderful company and they said "you should check your TERMS and CONDITIONS" the guy I spoke to Michael Hunter on of the supervisors, apparently there is no way I can get any of the £829.25 back. A lot of so called insurance companies practice this rip off method, is it legal?

• Ro
    Rob_WK May 20, 2011

No offence, but you signed up for the insurance in 2003 and have been paying it ever since. If you'd lost or broken a phone at any time during that period, they would have covered the cost of repair or replacement. Why should they now refund it all? Why did it take you 8 years to notice these payments coming out? I don't have a great deal of sympathy for you I'm afraid.