Game Stores South Africa / Game.co.zatv - hisense not the correct size as advertised

T Jun 24, 2019

TD MAHOMED

I bought a tv from GAME - EASTEGATE a month ago - sold as a Hisense 65inch when in fact it is a 58inch TV. We bought a few other items in store including an extended warranty. Total payment was about R20 000.

We were installing the tv on the wall - I confirm it was not hit against the wall, dropped or anything of that case. The tv was but there appearred some lines and different colours on the right hand corner. I touched it to see what is was - the screen then went blank. We took the tv back to GAME as it is only a month old.

I was told the TV was damaged by us so its not covered by the warranty. I confirm again the tv was not dropped or hit against anything of the sorts, i tried to explain to the staff there but they refused to help further.

I then took it to Hisense who confirmed the tv is a 58inch and not a 65inch as sold by Game. When we were in the process of buying it the sales people did not even know the difference between the 2 Hisense models on display which shows they do not know their product.

I would like the tv repaired as we did not damage it - not to mention it was the wrong size tv when in fact i was not getting a deal as sold by GAME