Gain City Best-ElectricBrandt hood bought at sungei kadut on may

B May 10, 2021

Dear person in charge,
I am deeply disappointed & disheartened by your after sales services & my unpleasant purchase experience as listed below:

We bought a Brandt Washing Machine, Brandt Cooker Hood and Brandt Gas Cooker Hob.

Upon delivery to our place on 04 May, my contractor checked and mentioned that the Cooker Hood is incompatible for HDB use as the one sold to me is a chimney hood (sales person - Royce Ang 9348 did not mention to us at point of purchase)

We called and informed Royce that we would like to change our purchase to a cheaper model 90cm semi integrated hood AI1790x @ $559 & we dont mind the loss in price difference as the Chimney version is pricier version model 90cm wall mount hood AD996xc at $699.

Royce claimed that it is not possible to do so as we have unsealed the box.

Its is ridiculous not to unseal box as we need to check if we received the correct item on 04 May (box is not transparent, we don't know what is inside). (attached picture)

I called your customer service hotline to check if depreciation for hood at 40% as mentioned by and if i need to personally send item to down to Sungai Kadut ( we are staying Tampines) and we told that we are only able to bring down weekday from 12:30pm- 5:30pm.
Exchange process is inconvenient & I will qneed to apply leave to bring down the items and engage a mover to assist.

And the box is big and heavy (attached picture).

We choose Gain City as we thought we could enjoy more savings & purchase more items. However we end up spending more money as the Salesperson is not prudent in his recommendation which resulted in the inappropriate purchase, hence the hassle.

GainCity, it has been a bad experience and I will not want to recommend anyone to purchase anything from you.

Customer No: C1011089