Furniture Brands GroupScam and cheating!

First of all... this complaint website must stop advertising the scamming furniture company at the top of this page!!
FURNITURE BRANDS GROUP, also called FBG STORES is the shadow umbrella company name for the following online furniture scam companies, at the same address in New York: EVERYDAYFURNISHINGS.COM, ONECLICKFURNITURE.COM, ACCENTWAREHOUSE.COM, BEDROOMPLAZA.COM, DINETTESGALORE.COM GOHOMEOFFICE.COM, GREATTOBEAKID.COM LIVINGROOMSNMORE.COM, RACKITANDSTACKIT.COM, TICKTOCKSHOP.COM, STRICTLYCHAIRS.COM, SOFASHOWPLACE.COM.

Also, there are numerous home improvement companies run out of the same address, of which i am suspicious: DREAM KITCHENS, APEX WINDOWS, THREE GUYS FLOOR COVERING INC., EKCER WINDOWS & HOME IMPROVEMENT.
Please don't give these people your money... if you have, and are not receiving your merchandise, you need to call the fraud and/or dispute department of your credit card, or at least find out the deadline of days they allow to file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute with them, otherwise the credit card won't be able to help you, and guess who gets to keep your money. Also, once you realize you've been scammed, please file a report with the Attorney General's office of New York.

More Furniture Brands Group Complaints & Reviews

• Do
    Dorothy Russ Nov 22, 2007

This Same Company... also called Everyday Furnishings, Furniture Brands Group, and many other names, took my furniture order and over
    $3000. from me. After 3 months of waiting for my furniture they gave me the name of the Shipper, I called them, they did not have an order for me. I called BROYHILL, the Furniture Manufacture, they said they had NEVER heard of this company, even though they had pictures of every piece of Broyhill furniture on their web site. I suspect none of the listed furniture companies on their web site has heard of them either.

• Je
    Jennifer Klusmann Nov 29, 2007

8 weeks ago, I ordered a piece of furniture on www.oneclickfurniture.com. I was told the shipping would take 6-8 weeks. When I didn't hear anything, I emailed the Customer Service Department for Furniture Brands Group and this is the email I received:

We have spoken to the factory and they have advised us that originally there was a problem in production with your order which has caused the delay. This has since been cleared up and your order is ready to go out, however since they do not typically send out each order individually on their own truck your order is scheduled to be shipped on the next truck out. The next truck should be leaving the factory by 12/21. I sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Because of the delay I did change the standard delivery from 11-14 business day to 5-10 Business day priority. I will try to make every effort to internally expedite this. Should you have any questions or would like to deal with me directly feel free to reply to this email as it is the fastest and best way to get a hold of me.

There was no name or phone contact in this email. Very suspicious! What the company is trying to do is make you wait past the deadline to file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute with your credit card company. I immediately contacted my credit card company and they are currently disputing this purchase. DO NOT MAKE PURCHASES FROM THIS COMPANY!!

• Si
    sidney glick Dec 24, 2007

I had the same experience as the other postings. We ordered furniture and our credit card was charged prior to us receiving the furniture. We had to call and dispute the charge with the cc company. They told us that the furniture was at the warehouse and they is scheduled to ship the following week. Needless to say the furniture was never shipped.

Suzan See Jan 03, 2008

Unfortunately, I read the prior complaint after I realized I was scammed. This company immediately charged my account, and never sent the goods. Although my credit card company is investigating, I may be out the dollars I spent for curio cabinets. Do NOT buy from this company. They are dishonest in their business practices. They charge you and never send the product.

Laura Linn Jan 09, 2008

To all the victims of Furniture Brand Group and all the listed FAKE stores they operate... call your credit card immediately, and file a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute. Don't wait, and don't think all the excuses they're giving you are real... it's just a plot to OUT-LAST YOU. They may even throw you a bone of $50 bucks, to string you along a little while longer, just to give you another excuse again... on and on!

There is a TV news station in NY with a segment on their broadcast, called "7 ON YOUR SIDE"..I think they are interested in exposing this scam in NY....maybe even walk into the place with a camera... this is my wish for 2008!!

Hopefully, the credit card companies will catch onto this scam, and figure out a way that consumers' cards cannot be charged until after a legitimate tracking number has been issued from a legitimate furniture shipper. This is how the REAL online stores operate... your card is not charged until it's officially shipped. If your card is charged immediately when you place the order: BIG RED FLAG!! If the card companies lose enough money from this kind of scam, i would think they could put the hurt on...
    Good luck everyone.

Surag Patel Jan 09, 2008

Placed an order 9/9/07 and still getting pushed back.

I'd hate to cancel now after waiting this long, but sounds like it is a scam.

Marilyn Acevedo Jan 16, 2008

I ordered furniture Oct 1, 2007, and have not received the furniture. They keep contacting saying it is being shipped & then it never happens. I asked for a credit & they said they would call me back, but never do. Now, they don't answer their number at all.

• De
    Deborah OBrien Jan 18, 2008

Try 866-218-0890

• Mg
    M. Gaver Jan 21, 2008

It's truly a scam and no furniture will come. We were double charged and are out over $7000. I just keep calling good ole Suzie and letting her know what I think of her as a person and a thief!

• Pr
    Priscilla Salomon Feb 09, 2008

I ordered a Curio Cabinet online Christmas Day from onceclickfurniture, I immediately received my order confirmation from furniturebrandsgroup. The confirmation stated that my curio would be ordered from Harden Manufacturing and would be shipped by truck in 4 to 6 weeks. I haven't heard back from them since. After several emails, numerous phone calls to oneclick as well as FBG to which I never spoke to a real person only to a machine which kept me on hold for over 30 minutes stating "All customer service agents are busy assisting other callers" then after about 30 minutes the call just disconnected. I decided to call Harden Manufacturing directly, they could not help me. Seems I did not have a customer order number which I should have received from FBG once the curio was ordered. I called my cc company to find out when the charge on my card was authorized and by whom. My card was charged the very next day, 12/26/07. The agent assisting me gave me the phone number from where the authorization call was made. I called that number and got the same answering machine message. I immediately asked for a dispute to be filed. I have again attempted to contact oneclickfurniture as well as FBG but they still have not responded to any of my emails.

Marlene Magett Feb 12, 2008

I purchased a bedroom set and four dining room chairs from OneClickFurniture.com. The website looked ligit, and after I placed the order I got confirmations for my orders. I waited till after the holidays to call them because I figured they would call me. They never called me so I started to worry. So I called them, I asked this lady when my order would be shipped because I would be moving soon. She told me in two weeks, two weeks later no furniture. So I kept calling and each I time I would call I would get the same woman which was odd. She would push the delivery back another week. Then this guy answered one day and I told him to cancel my orders and refund me my money, he kept trying to jerk me around some more. He said I would get a complete refund in less than a week. I never received it. That's when I realized what was going on, IT IS A SCAM, and a dam good one at that. Luckily I had to fill out a theft report with my bank and I am waiting on the end result of what they find. If you are a person who has purchased anything from these phony companies, CALL YOUR BANK ASAP, before its too late.

• C
    C Feb 23, 2008

I totally agree with the fact that this company and it's umbrella companies are a scam and conduct fraudulent business practices. I have contacted my credit card company to notify them of the fraudulent charge. The best next step, which I will pursue, is to report this company and its alias company names to the NY State Attorney General's Office also. These people, including a woman self-identified as "Susie" and a manager, self-identified as "Al Carter", need to be put out of business and fined for fraudulent business practices.

Joyce Domrese Feb 28, 2008

I am shocked that this company is scamming so many individuals (including myself). It looked so legitimate! I placed an order for a curio on January 13th, 2008, paid the credit card bill and am now within the time frame when it should be delivered. Last night I accidentally stumbled across this complaint site. I am so thankful to you individuals who made complaints because I was able to inform my credit card company in time to get a refund if it doesn't arrive soon. (I am sure it will never come after reading the various stories.) Besides, I was informed today that the curio is now set to be delivered at least a month later than promised, so the delay tactics have begun. Thank you Laura Linn for your advise on flling a fraud complaint with my credit card company. What Laura says is absolutely right. Call your credit card company right away so they can credit your account before it's too late.

• Na
    Natalie Feb 29, 2008

I too was convinced that this website was a legit online furniture dealer. I made the mistake of not checking them out with the BBB. The complaints are growing every day. I ordered furniture on 1/14/08. I finally did get thru and talked with Suzy. I was told that my furnture will ship out on 3/14.(61 days after I ordered) How convenient because I think you only have 60 days to file fraud charges with your credit card. I have been in touch with the furniture manufacture and was told they have not paid for furniture for several months and have not been paying the shipping company either. I believe that they started out legit and now are going under taking what they can with them.
    Everyone needs to contact their credit cards and the BBB. Dont let them get away with your money.

• Tr
    Tricia Mar 03, 2008

I am so thankful that I saw these postings. I ordered $3500 of furniture from oneclickfurniture.com on 3/1/08. I too received a confirmation email from Furniture Brands Group indicating that I would be charged right away. There were also several company names- the website I ordered from was oneclickfurniture.com, the email confirmation was from Furniture Brands Group, and the order confirmation from the webpage was also listed under everydayfurnishing.com. I have contacted my credit card company and cancelled the card- prior to any charge from this group. I really appreciate dodging the bullet on this!!

Kathleen Moser Mar 04, 2008

I ordered furniture in the amount of $2645.00 on 12/18/07. My credit card was charged for the full amount. The furniture has never arrived . They tell me that it is in process, between transit trucks and not shipped. Everytime I call, the delivery day is pushed back another 10 days. I am now waiting almost 3 mos. I spoke to Al Carter who is suppose to be a manager and asked him to credit my account. He states it will take 7-10 days to process the credit, what a crock!!! I have asked to speak to the general manager and they transfer to voice mail in which nobody returns the calls. I have contact my credit card company to dispute the fraud charges. I have also contacted the WABC7 investigators and the attorney general. We have got to put a stop to this SCAM Co.

Kathleen Moser Mar 04, 2008

I ordered furniture in the amount of $2645.00 on 12/18/07. My credit card was charged for the full amount. The furniture has never arrived. They tell me that it is in process, between transit trucks and not shipped. Everytime I call, the delivery day is pushed back another 10 days. I am now waiting almost 3 mos. I spoke to Al Carter who is suppose to be a manager and asked him to credit my account. He states it will take 7-10 days to process the credit, what a crock!!! I have asked to speak to the general manager and they transfer to voice mail in which nobody returns the calls. I have contact my credit card company to dispute the fraud charges. I have also contacted the WABC7 investigators and the attorney general. We have got to put a stop to this SCAM Co.

Laura Linn Mar 05, 2008

Hi everyone... so sorry to hear about more victims...
    Natalie has just informed me that FBG stores has a new store & different address: called BESTBUY DECOR.COM... the more everyone can find out about all the FBG sub-stores and the different names they keep changing to, the better: and it's important to POST COMPLAINTS with the full name of the newest store the FBG stores opens on the web... then, this name will pop up in search engines, including the complaint sites and inform more people of the scam, before they make a purchase with any of their stores.

• Na
    Natalie Mar 06, 2008

I too cannot wait until this company gets shut down. My furniture was ordered from Aico on 1/14/08. I have been in contact with Aico on several occasions and have been told that no payments have been made on furniture since Sept. 2007. All furniture has been put back and are not being held anymore. They actually are not allowed to order any new furniture until the old orders have been paid for and shipped out. But they continue to advertise Aico and I even called and was told I could have my order in 7-9 weeks . They are good con artists!!

I hope they get busted soon.

Matt Gearhart Mar 11, 2008

Unfortunately I made the same mistake as everryone else here did, I ordered a bedroom suit on 8/15/07, after december passed i became alittle worried. So the phone calls started, and nothing ever happened. So the order was cancelled on 2/19/ 08 and I recieved an email stating a refund would be posted in 7-10 days, 14 days passed and nothing. So I called and talked with little miss Suzie, once again, an email was sent to me stating a refund would be posted in 2 days. Well 6 days later and today I have nothing. These people are what people refer to as trash, thieves, worthless pieces of ###. As you can tell I am alittle mad, $3,400 , and now I have to wait for my credit card company to act on the dispute. I just can't believe that the state of new york allows this kind of business ethics. Please, everyone who reads these complaints needs to forward them to everyone possible and pass the word, and remember when visiting NYC, stop by 545 eigth Ave suite 401, Brooklyn Ny, 10018 and pay them all a visit.

Jack Mar 12, 2008

Thanks to you all, I did not order the rest of my bedroom set from this sham company.

• Yo
    Your worst nightmare Mar 12, 2008

This is for everyone who has been scammed by Everyday furnishings or any of the businesses tied to them. I have obtained Al Carters Cell Phone Number, and he answers it on the first ring, Please call him and hammer him about your problems. (phone number has been removed due to Carters discharge)

Also, submit complaint forms to NY Attorney General,
    don't let up............

Todd Carlson Mar 12, 2008

We, too, ordered from them. We're out $1800 right now. We ordered a piece of furniture in October 2007 and it never arrived. They kept saying it was "between shippers". I finally called Broyhill (the manufacturer) and they said the item we ordered in October had been discontinued by them in April of 2007. So needless to day, something hard to be "in between shippers" if it does not exist! I called to cancel the order, they said we'd get a refund (which never came) so I called them back today and they said that they forgot to enter the cancellation "in they system" so they cancelled it again. Anyway, thankfully I called our bank within the time limit to dispute the charges because felt very uneasy about this whole deal. We'll definitely be contacting the BBB and NY Attorney General's office (already have the forms!) I'm considering calling the NYPD also.

Staci Smith Mar 13, 2008

Same story, ordered a beautiful bedroom suite in August 2007, never delieved. Now we try and cancell the order and now can't get the money back. How can these people sleep at night? Taking good honest, hardworking customers money, sad, really sad. Please if you are reading this, forward all documents to NY Attorney General, BBB, all of them, to get these worthless people behind bars for the crime they are comitting. I don't understand how after all these complaints, this so called company is still operating?

• Vi
    vicky gall Mar 15, 2008

I have also been taken by this group. Is there anything we can do to get our money back? I have filed all the complaints but that doesn't help get a refund.
    Vicky Gall

Steven Mar 24, 2008

Sorry to say same thing has happened to us as well. We placed an order for a Bunk Bed for our 6 year old Daughter to be delivered for her birthday. It was suppose to arrive the end of February. We called the company the middle of February because when we received our credit card statement we saw where we have been double billed. They told us a manager would get back with us and that the order would be the First of March it had been delayed. A couple of weeks passed I checked my credit card company and no credit had been issued so I called again. This time they told me that they couldn't belive that management hadn't gotten back with me and he would call me right away. So again I wait and now they are telling me that it will be delived first of April and that they will be back in touch with me by the end of the day. Needless to say I am at my end ropes with them and have now disputed everything with Credit Card Company. You always want to think that business's are legit and going to do the right thing. But I can assure you my gut tells me that this is the biggest scam I have ever seen. I have called and gotten the number for a news station in NY so that we can expose these crooks...

Steven Mar 24, 2008

This is the latest email I received from these scam operators. The only problem with the following email is that it is only 80 days now not over 90...

We have attempted to electronically refund your account for your cancelled order. According to our agreements with the credit card and debit card companies we only have 90 days to process a refund from when the charge is posted. Since your order was charged over 90 days ago we can no longer electronically reverse the charge on our end. In order for your funds to be returned to your account you must contact the customer service number on the back of your card, or your issuing bank branch and initiate an inquiry. Unfortunately, at this time this is the only way your funds will be returned to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Suzie Walker

877-383-7997 ext. 209

Tom & Kathy Mar 24, 2008

Recently my wife and I ordered a Curio cabinet from this company. After we ordered the item we came across this complaint forum. After reading the numerous postings complaining about the customer service and the numerous cases where people had lost their money to this company we decided we did not want to take the chance of the same thing happening to us. So, we contacted the company and simply said that we had changed our mind and wanted to cancel the order. The person we talked to (Suzy) said "OK no problem I'll issue a cancellation now and send you a confirmation e-mail that the order has been cancelled." The next day we received the promised e-mail stating that the order had been cancelled and a refund ($612.00) had been issued to our credit card account. This was on Friday 3-21-08. Today, 3-24-08 we received the full refund credited to our account. Maybe they are trying to clean up their act. Or, maybe we just got lucky. In any case we wish anyone having similar problems good luck and don't give up!!!

Laura Linn Mar 25, 2008

I think you got lucky...be sure to keep a close eye on your card statement...you may have suspicious charges showing up. I'd get your number changed, just to be safe.

• Le
    Leland Mote Mar 26, 2008

I ordered a bedroom set from EverydayFurnishings.com which was approved on 11/09/07. I've had nothing but excuses and it was concelled by email on 3/4 with a promise to refund the $$ by 15 days. No such refund. I now have a cancellation from the sales dept and a notice that they tried to electgronically refund the money to the credit card co but it is over 90 days and they want me to contact the credit card co to allow a reverse of the charges. Rediculous. It is a pure scam and they still ahve my money. I have filed a complaint with the NY Attorney Generals office and the BBB

Kathy Mar 28, 2008

I have also been taken by these creeps. How can these people live with themselves. I ordered bedroom furniture in 02/08. I called for the status of the delivery and when I didn't get any answers I became suspicious. I just got my comfirmation today stating that my delivery will be delayed. What a joke. I do not know how I missed out on all this info before I placed the order, but I'm glad I found it when I did. I wrote to the Attorney General of NY, too.

• Ki
    Kirsten Mar 30, 2008

I have also been scammed by this company and extremely upset! I am out $1000 for ordering a dresser last November. I cancelled the order but still have not received a credit on my credit card. This Al Carter "person" never answers his phone and Suzie Walker is horrible as a customer service rep. I can't believe this company is still in business. PLEASE never order from them.

joanne catalano Mar 31, 2008

Same thing happened to me, Bought a $1469.00 piece of furniture on Oct. 27, 2007 and it is March 31, 2008 and they told me I would have to wait another month, so I decided to cancel. They told me they cannot refund my Amex card because they don't do electonic crediting anymore. They said I nee to call Amex and dispute with them. Of course is past the 60 days that I can do that. But they will investigate. This is the letter I recieved from them. We have attempted to electronically refund your account for your cancelled order. However since we do not use the electronic terminal we once used to bill you, we were unsuccessful. Please contact the customer service number on the back of your card or your issuing bank (for debit cards) and initiate an inquiry. Once we receive the documentation we will answer it accordingly and your funds will be returned to you directly. Unfortunately at this time this is the only way your funds will be returned to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Suzie Walker

877-383-7997 ext. 209

• Lu
    Ludmila Apr 24, 2008

MESSAGE FROM AL CARTER TO CUSTOMERS LIKE ME AND HUNDREDS OF OTHERS:

I received your emails. The reason why we were telling you to contact the bank to innate an inquiry was because we simply no longer use the credit card processor we used once to bill you, and therefore can not reverse the charge. Regardless, we did try to submit it anyway and it was rejected. We literally can not refund you electronically again. Please contact the credit card company used t initiate an inquiry on this charge. Once we receive the proper documentation we will respond accordingly and your "MONIES" will be returned via the credit card company.

Regardless his nonsense answer I bother him, Stan, and Suzie everyday and it seems to me that Al Carter doesn't like my messages.

[email protected] com
    [email protected] com

Very unhappy first and last time customer.

sucker Apr 27, 2008

FBS Furniture Brands Group! SCAM!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM, Dispute any charges right now! Well, meet yet another person pulled right into their scam. I am sure there is nothing I can do at this point but complain and file a complaint. I ordered a Broyhill bed November 2007. They charged mey account immediately. $891.00 just dumped into a ### pot. Being patient I didn't push it until April 2008. I am convinced I will never see that bed. It is now out of production so I truely will never get it. I only hope that this helps someone else avoid the trap we have all fallen into. I feel so sad for everyone I have read about.

• Ga
    Gabrielle Meadows May 02, 2008

I also have been taken by this company. DO NOT purchase from this company they are dishonest. They operate under the name of EVERYDAY FURNITURE.COM. I ordered furniture on the 2nd January, 2008 and I have been continually told "It is coming, it is coming"..."It is on the truck". Now (5) months later I decided to cancel my order only to be told that I would have to dispute the charge on my credit card. I am out $2, 250! These people need to go to jail.

• Pa
    P. Attari May 18, 2008

Sadly we were also victims of this company's fraud. I ordered some dining chairs in January for delivery in March. My credit card was charged in March but no furniture arrived. When I contacted the company the infamous Suzie sent me an email saying that the container will be filled by May and that the Freight company would be contacting me for a delivery date. I have not received any communications from the company (OneClickFurniture .com) or any freight company since then - and customer services department is not responding to my emails.

A friend sent me the link to compalintsboard.com and after reading all the comments and reviews I filed a "no receipt of merchandise" dispute with my credit card company. Thank you to all of you, and others who have filed complaints on other sites, I was able to lodge my dispute claim in time. I will do my part to try to stop this group from defrauding others.

I have already written to the furniture manufacturer apprising them of the situation and I will also be wrting to BBB and filing a complaint at NY AG's office.

Also please be aware of a new website from the same group: BestBuyDecor.com - this is the company through which they charged my credit card. Keep spreading the word they must be stopped. The internet gives us, the consumers, the power to do just that.

• Ds
    D. Stadeli Jun 03, 2008

Scammed. I will always google a company's name before I order on line again. Do not order from this company. I ordered a bed for my son and they postponed delivery by a month, so I googled company's name at that point and discovered all the scams and payments made/no deliveries. Canceled ordered immediately and disputed/requested refund through visa. Still waiting for refund.

Todd Carlson Jun 19, 2008

I spoke with the NY Attorney General's office today. They're gathering evidence right now. Hopefully, they can shut these crooks down (they got $1779 of my money). Please continue to post your comments!

• Li
    Linda Beal Jul 13, 2008

My story is the same as the other customers. I ordered my furniture Nov 12, 2007 and 8 months later I have not received anything jet. And now I know that I will never get anything. The purpose of this company is to rip off as many customers as they can. I just called my credit card and I filed a police report against Furniture Brands Group and their AKAS.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices