Fingers Furniture Complaints & Reviews

Fingers Furniture12 months no interest SCAM

I purchased a living room furniture set for about $2,000. I chose to pay off the balance off and made fixed payments. I was due to make the final payment on the 13th month (not realizing that i had to pay off the full amount of the loan before the promotional date is up) when i received my bill they charged me interest on the full amount of the loan. I only had $150 left of the remaining loan amount. NO ONE AT THE STORE explained to me that i had to pay this total loan amount for the interest to not be charged... if i knew i would have paid the $150 before the promotional period was up.
It is the responsibility of the Furniture store and of GE to explain the terms of the loan exactly so that the consumer can plan their payments accordingly. Relying on the "small print" on the original purchase agreement is not enough. Information this important should be VERBALLY explained before the consumer puts their signature on that bill and agrees to the loan. They did not do that and I feel cheated. I am ready to make another big purchase. I was planning to do it with Fingers with the GE card, but after receiving the bill, I closed the account and WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN. They may have eon the war but they surely lost the battle.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 30, 2007

I disagree, I have bought things from other companies. No one ever explained to me about the terms of the contract like that. You have to read the agreement before you sign. I definitely did and would ask them questions about it. If they give you the agreement they shouldn't have to explain every detail, it should be your responsibility.

However, you do have a point about that especially if you are new to contracts. However we all know you should read the contract before signing even if it takes a while. You will be responsible for the contract so even if you have to take it home to read it, then I would highly recommend it.

• Ri
    Richard Poutra Jan 01, 2008

I agree with the previous comment.

This is America and if you don't read the contract (no matter how long it takes) you should EXPECT . . . TO GET SCREWED!!!

If you don't think they're counting on you not reading every word, then you're half way there already. That's exactly what they expect and that's why they put a lot of what they do in their contracts.

Now, if you want to know how to fix this type of deceptive business practice, I suggest Everyone take their contract, with their salesperson, and sit down with them and go over every "Cotton Picken Word", Word for Word, and make sure they make you understand everything in it, "No Matter How Long It Takes".

This might sound ridiculous, but you can bet that after enough people make this a practice not only there but everywhere, a lot of this kind of thing will be changed.

"It's Just Good Business" and when you make a deal with a businessman, you better learn to be one!

One last thing . . . No businessman has ever been sucessfull without first learning how and when to walk away from a deal.

Smile, Be Polite, and Empathetic, and above all, Don't complain, Make them Explain!

Jason May 31, 2008

Wow how ###ed are you????
    Just for future purposes it's they won the battle but lost the war. Not the other way around.

Fingers FurnitureHorrible customer service

It took fingers eight months to deliver my furniture. In the mean time they would'nt allow me to reselect. Their customer service department is very unprofessional and uncaring. I ordered furniture in Feb. of 2007, its Dec. and Im still waiting for repairs on items delivered broken. I have spoken with corporate and customers service managers all to know avail. BUT I KNOW HOW TO FIRE EVERYONE FROM THE CEO TO THE INDIVIDUAL CLEANING THE FLOORS AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE DONE. BY TAKING MY BUSINESS SOMEWHERE ELSE. You customer services department has caused you to lose a very long standing client. They simply false on a regular basis to listen to the customer.

• St
    Stephanie Rodriguez Dec 13, 2007

My name is Stephanie and I'm assistant to the GM & EVP of Sales & Consumer Relations. I have tried to research this particular issue but have not been able to find this customer in our records. When situations such as these are escalated to the Executive office, in most cases I will receive the phone call. Customers are welcome to leave a message on my voicemail. All phone calls are returned and handled immediately and appropriately. If for some reason the issue needs to be escalated further, the customer's information is forwarded to Mr. Finger's office for review. We are very concerned about our customers and do not leave any customer issues unresolved. If you need immediate assistance you may contact me at 713-221-4207. The customer who posted this complaint was replied to via email offering my assistance to correct the issue. Thank you for your understanding.

• Co
    Corelle Chester Dec 17, 2007

Hello,

I'm Corelle Chester the individual whom, posted the above complaint. An within 2 hours of my complaint being posted Stephanie Rodriguez contacted me via e-mail. We spoke in person via telephone on the next business day. It was very clear to me that this particular situation had not been brought to her attention directly. I'm very glad to say that by 12 noon, following our conversation she had my situation not only resolved, but she also sent the resolution to me via fax with both her and her VP's signed approval. She took more than ampel time to listen to my concerns. She knows that consumer perception is reality. It's not weather or not a mistake has been made, because they will happen again, but more importantly how the individual feeling wronged is dealt with. I SAY KODO'S TO MS. RODRIGUEZ NOT ONLY FOR TAKING CARE OF THE ISSUE. BUT FOR MAKING FEEL THAT MY OPINION COUNTS FOR SOMETHING.

STEPHANIE

Corelle Chester

• Ta
    TAMMIE LYNN PORCH Jul 28, 2008

PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE CONTACT ME @ 281-437-2644,
    713-767-3602

• Pm
    Pmeyer Dec 03, 2013

I have spoken to Stephanie on several occasions and she has been less than polite professional or helpful. All she has given us is the runaround!!! We have an order that was bought and paid in full on October 5th, 2013. Our receipt said delivery on Oct 12th, 2013. After 2 months we have no furniture, no answers, and no money!!! She says she can't do anything until she speaks to the owner Randy Finger. But he is unreachable (her own words). Everytime she says she will call back with an update...guess what...no call back. I have to call and follow up everyday and get the same runaround. Worst company, worst customer service and worst owner. They should not be in business!! Also...if we want a refund from the money they have had for 2 months...she said it would take 15 days. Really??? After stealing our money for 2 months, it will take 15 days to issue a credit card refund? No store in America has that policy...because it is unAmerican!!

Fingers FurnitureFinancing agreement!

My daughter purchased a nice bedroom suite from Fingers with no finance charge for 2 years. She always paid her payment on time, even added more than the minimum payment. She received her bill this month, knowing she was down to about a $300 balance. They suddenly added $2200 to her bill making the balance due of $2500. She has been a Fingers customer for years and always had a 12% interest. Turns out she had a deadline to pay off this furniture, the deadline has just passed so they added all the interest she supposedly had free, and in addition increased the rate to 22%. So she is now paying 22% interest on interest. She paid the balance off in full today. She called the finance company, they could have cared less, told her it was on her bill; of course they know most people do not read that light print on the back of the bill. For those of you anticipating purchasing items under this "No Interest" beware.

My other complaint is that the salesman did not explain this to her at the time of purchase.

• Lu
    LUCY Aug 29, 2008

I RECENTLY PURCHASED FURNITURE FROM FINGERS AND THEY USE GE CAPITAL AS THEIR FINANCE CO. I HAD DEFERRED INTEREST FOR A YEAR WITH PAYMENTS REQUIRED. I GOT MY BILL ABOUT A MONTH AFTER MY FURNITURE WAS DELIVERED. EACH MONTH THEY GIVE YOU A "MINIMUM" PAYMENT THAT IS REQUIRED. IT DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN THAT YOUR PAYMENTS ARE DIVIDED EQUALLY OVER THE YEAR-IT'S JUST WHAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY. ANYWAY-IF YOU DON'T PAY IT OFF BY THE DUE DATE THEY CHARGE YOU ALL THE INTEREST THAT WAS "DEFERRED" FOR THE YEAR. IF YOU MISS YOUR PAYMENTS THEY ARE ABLE TO TAKE YOU OFF THE DEFERRED INTEREST PLAN. I DIDN'T SEE ANY FINE PRINT. ITS PART OF MY RECEIPT AND WHAT I SIGNED AND AGREED TO. THE INTEREST IS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF YOUR CREDIT SCORE AND THE LATE FEES ARE OUTRAGEOUS. IF YOU FOLLOW THE PLAN THE WAY IT'S DESIGNED YOU WON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. IF NOT, YOU'RE STUCK WITH ALL THESE EXTRA FEES. I DON'T THINK IT'S THE SALEMAN'S RESPONSIBILITY TO TELL YOU HOW TO PAY YOUR BILL. THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE A CASHIE EXPLAIN IT TO YOU AND YOU HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE. THE PLAN WORKS FINE. IT'S JUST HOW WELL YOU USE IT.

Fingers FurnitureDeferred interest contract!

I purchased a sofa and chair in December 2005 under a 3 yr interest free period. I paid off the furniture in June 2007, a year and half later. On the following statement, they charged the total amount of deferred interest. I called their customer help line in July 2007 to find out what the charge was, and the recording said nothing was due. In August 2007, I was charged a late fee in addition to the deferred interest and more finance charges. I finally went to Fingere Furniture store t0 get some explanation, and they said GE Capital will cancel the contract if you are late more than 2 time. I have never heard about this rule until now. I have not seen this written anywhere on my statements or on the original purchase agreement. The free interest selling promotion is false and I would suggest not to buy any furniture under these conditions. Get everything in writing and sign off on each detail.

Fingers FurnitureWorst furniture buying experience!

About a month ago my wife and I went to fingers with my mother. We were looking for a bedroom set for our new home. We picked the one we purchased because it was the only set that was "completely in stock" according to our sales person (And our receipt) .1.5 weeks later the furniture came... with everything EXCEPT the dresser. We are told it was on back order, we said no, according to our receipt it was in stock, thats why we chose it.

Customer service apologized up and down told us more would come in within 5 days. I called a the day they came in to set up delivery and was told the first available day was 10 days after that. I reluctantly agreed.

The delivery day arrives (Saturday 8/25 almost 4 weeks after the original purchase date) and the dresser shows up, the delivery guys set it up and then haul butt out of there, I inspect it, its broken. I call customer service literally 5 minutes after they are out the door. I tell them to come back and get it,

"Oh no sir, we cant do anything till monday"

"What??? NO, send them back to switch this out for a new one or send someone to repair this thing TODAY."

"Sorry sir, I cant do that, I can put you through to your sales rep who can explain..."

"NO, I've already had to wait on this FAR too long and now you're telling me I have to wait ANOTHER 2 weeks??? "

I get transferred to my sales guy who basically tells me he cant do anything and I need to talk to the manager. I get the manager who sounds like he could give a rats ###. I tell him if they cant get me a new dresser out there TODAY, or a repair person out there TODAY, I want my delivery charge refunded and an extra 10% off my purchase price. He says well he can certainly refund the delivery charge but not 10% and that I would need to call customer service back on monday to reschedule delivery for the exchange.

I call them back on monday... I am told we have to wait till the 8th ANOTHER 2 weeks. I'm tell them NO NO NO The manager said I can get it on the 1st due to all the headache we've been put through,

"Sorry sir, thats all I can do".

5 customer service reps later I get the supervisor "Christina" who is quite possibly the absolute RUDEST person I've ever spoken with. She proceeds to argue with me, YELLING and SCREAMING at me that I WILL take the 8th because thats what they have and she's putting me down for that whether I like it or not. I asked for her supervisor she told me she's not giving me that info, that "... she was it and didn't have one" then tells me she's the TOP person. After telling her how useless she, I hang up on her .

I call the store manager and get HAROLD (mind you this is like week 5 on this whole debauchal and the 2nd manager I've talked to) I calmly and rationally tell him I'm done and I want to schedule a return on all the furniture and not only that I'm not paying their 10% restocking fee because they couldn't get our order right from day 1. He apologized profusely and asked me to give him 24 hours to make this right and call the EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT to see if they could "make an exception" and have our exchanged delivered on the 1st. Make an exception?? THEY MESSED IT UP! THERE IS NO EXCEPTION! THEY NEED TO MAKE IT RIGHT!

So I give him the 24 hours. I call him the next day at 4. The guy has NO IDEA WHO I AM OR WHAT WE TALKED ABOUT THE DAY BEFORE. After jogging his memory he's tells me

"OH yeah... now I haven't heard back from him yet... can you give me some more time?"

I tell him no, this was the last straw, I gave him 24 hours and he failed and I wanted to schedule a return for ALL of it.

2 days later (this most recent saturday) I call fingers, just to check on good ole Harold's work (The store manager who supposedly setup my return). Not only had he not setup the return, there was NO NOTE OF IT ANYWHERE ON MY ACCOUNT. I spoke with a VERY pleasant and helpful associate. She finally got our return setup and apologized profusely for all the headache.

We then decide we're going to the new Ashely furniture home store. We go,ask TONS of questions about delivery, their customer service, tell them the horror story about Fingers, they tell us how sorry they are to hear that and that they'll take care of us etc etc, we find a nice bedroom set and even a nice dining room set too.

We get all our info together and head back home (because my mom is paying for half of it as a wedding/housewarming gift) So then we get home, my mom calls us and tells us.

" I hope you guys don't have your hearts set on anything at Ashely".

I ask her why:

"Because FINGERS OWNS ALL THE NEW ASHELY FRANCHISES IN HOUSTON!"

I'm like OH LORD!!! The Ashley sales person sat there and let us go on and on about fingers and never once told us they were owned by them and they would be using the same warehouse and the same customer service people.

So we spend the better part of sunday looking at practically every furniture store in town. We finally looked at Star as a last ditch effort. We didn't look there first because I had always heard they were VERY overpriced. Ironically, the star furniture is less than 5 minutes from our house. We walked in and found an AWESOME bed room set and even a beautiful dining room set. Star told us they could get it in our house by thursday if we wanted (3 DAYS! NOT 2 WEEKS, 3 DAYS!!!).

We asked for saturday and it was done.

To add icing to the cake, Fingers REPAIR TECHNICIAN called my mom Sunday night letting her know he was "coming by Monday between 3 and 5 to fix that NIGHTSTAND" (mind you it was the dresser!). So naturally I called Fingers again to make sure the pickup had not magically transformed into a "repair" . Everything is still a go for the pickup according to the (to my amazement).

Last night the repair tech calls my moms house again to "reschedule that repair".

I call fingers again this morning to verify everything was still set for a pickup, which according to them it was, I even now have to verify what address they are coming to pickup their stuff because THE REPAIR TECH ACTUALLY SHOWED UP AT MY MOTHERS HOUSE TO REPAIR THE FURNITURE!!! He then lied to her friend and told her that he "had just gotten off the phone with her [my mom] and thats how he got directions"

When I called this morning for my "daily verification" that customer service is doing their job, I told the rep about the repair tech constantly calling and being under the impression he's supposed to come fix something. She tells me:

"Do not worry about it, it looks like we just failed to notify him that we changed it to a return, not a repair"

IT WAS NEVER A REPAIR TO BEGIN WITH!!!

The saddest thing about the whole episode, my mother, a 25 year fingers customer was the one who referred me to them. This was the FIRST TIME BUYING from them. I CRINGE to think of the headache I am going to have to go through to get this credited back to our new fingers account and get it closed.

Moral of the story... Do not buy fingers and Do not buy Ashley (because you're still giving fingers your money and dealing with the same delivery and customer service)!

• Ro
    Robert & Augustine Krenek Apr 29, 2008

We have had a very frustrating problem with Finger's in Sugarland on getting our delivery and also with communication. We went into the store last month and picked out a sofa and love seat. It was delivered the next week on Wednesday. It was too wide to get in our door. We live in a house built in 1928 and the door openings are narrow. The delivery men took it back after trying to cram it in and damaging the facing.

We went into the store to find something else. The set we found was a LaZ-Boy sofa and love set. They had the love seat but the sofa had to be ordered. We said, ok, that was fine. They delivered the love seat the following Wednesday and said when the sofa came it they would let us know.

Someone called us 4/15 and said the new sofa was in and it would be delivered on Wednesday 4/16 between 11:30 and 2:30. We had planned on leaving at 9:00 AM for out of state trip, but we stayed to wait on our delivery. At 3:00 I called and asked where the delivery men were. She checked and said they were in a small town now. I asked her where and she said Rosharon. I said, ok, that's not far, about 30 minutes. When they didn't show up we called at 5:00 and someone told us that it had been damaged and it would have to be ordered again. No one even bothered to call us to tell us about the delivery being postponed. We stayed home all day expecting the delivery. At 5:00 when we called Omar said there was no delivery for us and it wouldn't be here until the 30th. I told him what we were told and asked him how this could get so confused. He said he didn't know but we wouldn't get it until the scheduled delivery date. This frustrated us so much. They had their money and didn't seem to care if we knew what was going no or not. We talked with Peter before we left for our trip and he said he would see what was going on that it should have been delivered. Off and on all weekend we thought about how we had been treated and that no one seemed to know what was going on, so we decided to cancel the whole order.

On Monday 4/21, I called the store and asked to talk to a manager. She transferred me to John. I told him all about what had been happening and that what we want is for him to have someone come pick up the love seat and cancel the sofa delivery and credit my credit card for the full purchase price since we have been treated like this and he said, "Well, I can't do anything about this and I will tell my manager." I said, "I thought you were the manager". He said, "I'm a manager, but not the store manager and I will have him call you at 3:30 when he gets here". I asked him who the owner was and he wouldn't tell me. I waited and didn't hear from "the manager" that day. I thought maybe he would call the next day, 4/24, but he didn't and no called to tell me why. I thought surely the man who sold us the furniture would call, but he didn't either. This really frustrates me because they don't seem to care about their customers or know what's going on. If I knew who owned the stores I would contact them. Please try and get our full purchase price of the furniture credited back to our account and have someone pick up this love seat. I don't want to buy anything from Finger's and I surely won't recommend them to anyone I know.

Thank you for helping us with this.

NOTE: STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANYONE --4-29-08

Augustine & Robert Krenek
    (713)410-5513...this is my husband's cell if you need to call us.

Fingers Furniture — Never help feed this monster!

This all started 3 months ago when me and my wife went to Finger Furniture to purchase a new bedroom set...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices