Freedom MortgageOverall loan servicing

G Apr 28, 2021

I refinanced through Freedom Mortgage and closed on March 3, 2021. The closing was late due to the paperwork showing my wife as a power of attorney. They wanted to back it up by 2 weeks thus requiring me to pay March mortgage to American Financial, which I was told I wouldn't have to. The loan closed on the 3rd of March at 2000 hours instead of 1630 hours. The taxes being withheld was wrong and they only had me paying 266 dollars toward taxes when my taxes are over 500 a month. For 6 weeks I called repeatedly to resolve this issue to no avail. They were supposed to pay the taxes with the loan and take 3000 dollars to set up my escrow. They only took 1200. Six weeks later I received a letter stating I was over 750 dollars short in my escrow account. And raised my monthly payment to 1475 dollars. I then sent Freedom mortgage a tax exemption letter from Cook County Assessors office along with a VA letter exempting me from property taxes for 2020 for a 80 percent disability exempting me from paying property taxes in Illinois. I sent the paperwork to Freedom Mortgage on April 1, 2021 and was told it would be taken care of by April 15th. I called Them on the 15 th. of April 2021 to check the status and was told they didn't get the email or it wasn't forwarded to the tax department. I talked with a Supervisor and I sent the paperwork again on the 15th. of April. The Supervisor told me this would be fixed by the 26 th. of April. I called Freedom mortgage again today and it still hasn't been done. My first payment is due May 1, 2021 and now they want me to pay my property tax into escrow that I am exempt from paying causing me more hardship. I don't understand why they would want me to pay taxes into escrow just to have to reimburse me that money it don't make sense. This whole refinance has been a complete nightmare.

Comment Guidelines