Forever 21ignorant and rude employees

B

I was at forever 21 in Ross Park Mall in Pittsburgh, PA today with friends and my friend wanted to try on a dress that she saw on a manakin. We looked around for an employee for assistants only to find no one to help. We took the liberty of taking it off the manakin ourselves so she was able to try it on. When she went to the fitting room, the fitting room attendant didnt ask how many she had but just stood there and looked at her as if asking “what do you want?” when she was finished trying on the clothes the forever 21 fitting room attendant grabbed the dress from her hands and asked if she took it off a manakin with her saying yes.

They said you’re not allowed to take the clothes off of a manakin and walked away with the dress! My friend was going to buy it….they just lost a sale for the day and customers! We didn’t do any harm to the manakin or the dress…therefor seeing no problem! The employees at forever 21 are ignorant and need to be taught customer services skills!

• Gr
    Grav3yardgirl Apr 22, 2014

I completely understand how the staff at Forever 21 is ignorant and rude, I've experianced their service several times.
    But in any store you actually aren't allowed to touch or take off a manakins clothing..
    But the workers here a total ###.
    My experience went a little like this: I get in the dressing room with a practically see through dress (beach cover up thingy)
    So, I invite my mom in for her opinion, and one of the workers literally starts banging on the door screaming "ONE PER ROOM!"
    "ONE PER ROOM!!"
    So, I peek my head out the door like,
    "Uh, this is my mom and I have a see-through type cover up on (I only had a bra and underwear under it)
    "So I'm not coming out."
    Then my mom goes over to talk to them, and the ### workers all like
    "DO I NEED TO CALL THE MANAGER!??!"
    "I WILL CALL HIM!!"
    My mom WANTED to speak to the manager so sure enough he comes.
    He was just like the ### employee.
    Straight up yelling at us.
    No customer service skills what-so-ever.

• Ev
    EvieRose May 21, 2013

I've never really had any issues shopping at The Forever 21 at Scottsdale Fashion Square. The employees don't ask if you need any help, but the quality of clothing is pretty crap so I guess that's to be expected. However, as I was checking out today I was dealing with the manager. Her name is Alexis and she is a MAJOR ###. I was having some issues with a gift card and she was incredibly rude about it. Dirty looks, ### attitude. . . ect. . . This city is full of ###, but when you're doing your job suck it up. I don't know how this girl got promoted to manager when she clearly has ZERO customer service skills!!!

• Us
    usacomsumershavepower Feb 08, 2013

Gotta agree with quityour[censored]in here. Perhaps the employees of Forever 21 are insulted by this complaint so they feel the need to comment on bagget's complaint and belittle her, but that's not necessary nor is it professional. The purpose of a display on the mannequin is to display the clothes FOR SALE IN THE STORE. If the items are not available, the mannequin should be changed, because to me that sounds like false advertisement or "bait-n-switch". I often walk into a store because an item of clothing on a mannequin catches my eye- and if it's not available, I am not happy. I would try to get the item on display as well, and if I was told that I could not because that particular item was "worked on" to ensure it looked perfect for display I would have a real problem with that. Additionally, if it were on hold for another person it should be removed and placed where other "hold" items are kept. At the very least, there could be a note on the garment stating that it was "on hold" and not available for sale. Speaking of notes, perhaps it would be a good idea to put up a sign next to each mannequin to tell customers to not remove items from the mannequin (I agree with it being not safe for customers to do it themselves). Forever 21 targets young girls, so to expect high school age-ish girls to automatically know that they cannot do this and them berate them for it is not right. Also, there should have been someone to help. She states that she tried to find someone to help her and could not, this is an issue I've also experienced the few times I am at the store shopping for my daughter.

• Qu
    quityourbitchin Jun 16, 2012

I think it's pretty insane that you all are ganging up on her. As she said, she attempted to find someone to help...there was no one willing to assist her, or even explain what you all just did oh so professionally. She OBVIOUSLY was not trying to destroy someone's "super hard work" or be rude. I mean..this may come as a newsflash, but you aren't getting paid to just stand around and text or go on facebook or whatever else it is you feel is much more important than doing your job. It sucks when you complete a task and have to re do it because of customers. I worked at several retail stores before graduating college, and i know. But, the truth is, the customers don't know you worked until 2 AM on the displays the previous night, and as I've stated- you ARE getting paid, so...you just have to get over it. it's why you finish school..to move out of the crappy field of retail. And, really? MOST retail stores focuses are set on selling their merchandise. Not just displaying it. So..how rude that she 'assumed' she could actually buy the merchandise that was displayed?

There was no reason for an associate to be blatantly rude to a customer. I'm guessing Forever 21 does not focus on training you in Customer Service. What she SHOULD have done was asked if she had removed the dress, then explained politely that she was not supposed to do that, why she wasn't supposed to, and even gone out of the way (this is a TOUGH ONE I know) to explain the hold policy, check to see if it was on hold, and if not, see if she wanted to have it held! I mean, obviously neither of you had a problem doing this (rudely) in your own free time...without getting paid...so why should it be so different when you're actually at work?

You need to realize that you are representing yourselves very poorly. I have an image in my head of high schoolers or girls who are going nowhere but minimum wage for the rest of their lives. Sucks to suck, i guess.

• Th
    thankyoukindly Feb 21, 2012

First of all, learn how to spell MANNEQUIN and create reasonable and adequate sentences. Secondly, you DO have to dissemble the MANNEQUINS in order to remove clothing from them. This is VERY difficult to do and can cause injury to yourself as the customer, and damage to a very expensive item in the store. The mannequins are delicate and hard to replace and cost quite a but of money to replace. Also, if you really want the item on the mannequin the associates would be happy to put it on hold when it is removed (this is done TWICE a week) and give you a call so that you can come pick it up. The dress you stripped from the mannequin could have been on hold for somebody else, therefore YOU cannot just claim it. Imagine how upset you would be if you put something on hold and you received a call that you can no longer have the item because it was taken by an unruly customer. And lastly, taking something off of a display is just that. It is an item for DISPLAY only. Do you go into Sears and strip their display beds of sheets and pillows? I sure hope not...

• Ts
    tsy59 Jan 24, 2012

haha, you can't even spell MANNEQUIN, LOSER!

• Sh
    shopdrop Oct 30, 2011

And I'm back, just wanted to add another comment. Your subject line is pretty ironic because it is ignorant and rude of you to disrespect peoples hard work and just go and "decide for yourself" to take something off a display mannequin.

I also wanted to add that in order to take a item such as a dress off the mannequins you have to disassemble the mannequins arms (in most, if not all cases). If that thing fell on you or another person because your dumb need to get that dress is so overwhelming, the store would be company would be liable, not you... how is that fair? P.S. Just because you come into one of our companies stores and set your sights on something you want it doesn't mean that its yours and you have a right to take it off of wherever it is being displayed. Its not actually "yours" until you purchase it. Stop being such a child and thinking that just because you "want" it that you can do dangerous things to take it.

Anonymous Sep 01, 2011

Yeah I second the commenter above me... you've got to be kidding me that you're complaining when you seriously could have hurt yourself and another customer by taking apart a mannequin. There's a reason why customers aren't allowed to do stuff like that. They could fall and get hurt and then sue the store. She had every right to be pissed at you for that.

• Sh
    shopdrop123 Aug 29, 2011

You actually aren't allowed to take stuff off the mannequins. A) Head office sends us pictures of EXACTLY what MUST be on our mannequins. We can't just replace a dress that is on it with another dress. B) Our visual team slaves ALL DAY to put look through the store and find those items, steam them to perfection and put them on each mannequin. Everyone wants the stuff that is on the mannequin. If we allowed everyone to take stuff off the mannequins EVERY single mannequin in the store would be naked and the visual team would have to do constantly fix them. C) It is dangerous for customers to remove items from mannequins... once this lady came in our store, got on a table and tried to take off something from a mannequin. The mannequin ended up falling over and hitting an unsuspecting woman's baby stroller with her baby INSIDE.