Forest RiverLeaking roof and other issues

A

I own a 2006 Flagstaff 831BHSS TT and noticed significant leak in the back within 4 months after buying in Feb 06. I was told by the dealer - RON HOOVER RV in Houston - that the roof was covered under warranty, but NOT THE SEALS! I went on a several weeks spree contacting the top people in Forest River in July-August 2006 and was never even offered any help - that's just the way it is they all said. ON A BRAND NEW TRAILER!!! I have gone 4 years now with constant leaks, no matter how many times I have repaired and how much money I have paid. The back outer shell has now developed a crack and the trailer is probably worthless now. I have gotten absolutely no offer of asistance by HOOVER or Forest River for my lemon. Also, I have had to buy a replacement water heater ($850) since it went out a few months after the warranty on it expired, a busted faucet, new axle (insurance paid for most), water line leaks, etc. I vowed 4 years ago that I would make sure the world knows and NOT TO BUY A FOREST RIVER!!! Besides the crack on the outside, the wood cabinets and roof, ceiling, and walls are completely water damaged and the trailer always smells musty, despite doing everything I knew how to stop it.

• Ad
    adf1350 Jan 20, 2011

As I promised Forest River, I would give credit if credit is due. After my last complaints in August 2010, Forest River researched their records and found my claim in 2006 and said that they "unjustly denied" it. They shipped my trailer to their mfg. plant in IN and almost completely rebuilt it - it needed it. I commened them for coming through and making the situation right, which is what a quality company will do. I will now recommend them - even though it took 4 years. I feel whole again. They even domed the roof, which I thought was a flaw in their roofs that they were flat.