Menu
Forest River
reviews & complaints

Forest River
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

193 complaints
13 resolved 180 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Forest River. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
6:29 pm

Forest River - 2020 Grey wolf 23dbh

Our camper was built specifically for us from the factory. Our unit is only 2 years old, has been camped in less than 10 times and I've had multiple issues. Our latest issue is the biggest. We took it in to have regular maintenance and found out that the floor was bowed and that the slide was catching. Once the slide was let out the entire slide area came completely loose from our camper. Spoke with Forest River and I stated since it was outside of the 1-year warranty they would not fix it. When I asked if this is typical quality for Forest River I receive no answer. They only stated that it was outside the one year warranty. I will never purchase another Forest River product. If the quality they are willing to put out on my last for two years.

Desired outcome: I would like for them to reimburse me for the repairs or replace the entire camper.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

If you purchased a forest River product that has the Solar/Inverter option your coach will include a Go Power GP-PWM-30-UI Solar controller. Owners manual shows A/C Button on left side of controller and in top of APP should turn off & on inverter as desired. The solar/inverter option assembled by Forest River factory Doesn’t perform as indicated in owner...

4:11 pm

Forest River - 2018 CHEROKEE 251rk TRAVEL TRAILER

I recently discovered that the tires on my 2018 Cherokee 251RK trailer had been hitting the undercarriage covering and leaving rub marks son the underfloor framing. I patched over the damaged covering and then took another close by local camping trip. Upon returning home I rechecked and the underside showed more signs of the tires hitting the underside again. We were not carrying anything in any of our tanks at all and our trailer is lightly loaded. I have owned 6 other RVs over the years and never had a problem like this. I called my selling dealer and so far they have not come up with a solution. With the tires coming in contact with the framing, this trailer is really not safe to use until there is a reliable fix for this problem. I have read in several forums that this apparently has been an issue with several other Forest River brands and models.

Desired outcome: +Factory intervention and a proper repair solution to make this trailer safe to put on the road again.

10:13 am

Forest River - Salem Hemisphere 356QB

My 5th wheel has been in the shop since September 24th 2021. I am waiting on a production piece to have it repaired. I have reached out to Forest River directly and have received one response in December telling me "if the piece is in stock it would ship the following week". I have asked 5 times is the piece in stock and have not received anything in response. Hopefully this board will get me results and I will get my rig back sooner than later.

Desired outcome: %th Wheel Repaired

5:38 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Forest River - Stove leaked propane and the cold shattered the glass top. I'm worried that if this leaks while we're in the unit with heater on it will blow up!

Walked in unit and found the glass stovetop shattered December 5th 2021.

We do not trust this stove to work properly so we would appreciate a replacement asap.

The unit is a 2021 Sabre 37 FBT purchased in August 2020 at camping world Anderson California.

The dealer wants me to pay for materials and labor?

I can be reached at
904 687 4891
[email protected]

Desired outcome: Replacement Stove

D
12:36 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Made in the USA doesn't have very much meaning these days!! We bought our fifth wheel in early August and it has been nothing but problems for us. When we bought it, the dealership had to file a claim for a new shower door (it was missing one of the 3 doors) and awning (the awning material was not cut square so does not operate properly). Come to find out...

M
4:52 pm

Forest River - Cardinal Luxury RV 5th wheel

I purchased a 2020 Forest River Luxury at Gander RV in Nashville, TN and I have had nothing but major issue since purchasing. No one will call me back from Forest River nor will they contact the RV company I purchased from that has had my RV since September. Nothing has been done to repair this RV. The masterbed room floor is rotten and the slide has broke.

Desired outcome: I want a buy back from Forest River

6:06 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Forest River - 2015 Berkshire.

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to you today to express my disappointment with your company in dealing with repair for my 2015 Forest River Berkshire diesel pusher motorhome. Not only have we had repeated problems with the headlights electrical system, back up cameras, turn signal camera, satellite radio, and air conditioning line for the front of the coach. We are going on eight months now searching for the crimp on end fitting and hose for the air conditioner compressor running front to back of the coach. We have called everywhere we can possibly think of with no luck. Everyone we have talked to tells us the same thing, that they cannot find the crimp on end fitting. After searching for months we decided to replace the entire hose only to be told today that our mechanic doesn't think he will be able to get it any time soon. There has got to be someone out there that can help us, considering we bought a $200, 000 motorhome that we can't use. It feels we have purchased a lemon anymore. Not happy at all with the lack of service.

Please advise.

Thank you.

James and Lisa Esposito
609-780-4069

Desired outcome: Need resolved ASAP

D
10:54 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a 2021 Rockwood Minilite manufactured by Forest River. The model is 2511S. I purchased this camper on September 11, 2020 for therapeutic purposes.During the time of purchase the sales person never discussed problems with leaking, poor manufacturing, condensation etc as this would have been a red flag and a strong determinate in my purchase. I...

L
4:41 pm

Forest River - 2016 sURVEYOR226RBDS

I have owned the above referenced vehicle since 2015. Unfortunately, Last February I had a blowout and it some major damage. My trailer has been at Reynolds RV in Fortuna, CA. They got all the repairs done. It has been sitting there since March awaiting a new WHEEL. Of course Surveyor will not ship a wheel without a tire mounted on it. This is the only thing I am waiti9ng for.
I plan on selling the trailer when it is fixed. I HAVE MISSED ONE OF THE BEST SELLING MARKETS IN HISTORY AWAITING A DAMN WHEEL! I have lost thousands by not being able to sell my trailer in the big market upswing.
Supposedly, they told Reynolds that they shipped a wheel and it was LOST!
We have had an open claim with the insurance company for over 6 months.
I am very upset with Surveyor. Holding up a repair for that long for a wheel.
I know Covid, etc. but, almost 9 months with no trailer.

Loren Pancoast 2005 Sprowl Creek Rd, Garberville, CA 95542
(707) 672-5784 [email protected]

Desired outcome: Wheel!

C
2:15 pm

Forest River - Salem 260 RT, hot water, door, trim work, fit and finish issues.

Please see the attached scan describing the issues I had with my 2021 Salem 260 RT toy hauler. The hot water tank bypass valves install backwards, two of the pluming lines were leaking at the clamps, door will not open when hot, screws pulled out of the lift assist cylinders, and the license plate holder broke off required a new platform. Lack of prompt attention from the local Forest River dealer.

Desired outcome: Consideration for the work I did that the local dealer would not in a timely manor.

6:44 pm

Forest River - Warranty repairs

** Email correspondence available but unable to attached PDF **

Mr. Dean Bleile and Mr. Tony Hufnangle fail to maintain accurate accountability and warranty repair status of my 2021 Wildwood Heritage Glen 378FL. 63 days now as of 27 OCT 2021 with no accurate status of repairs or date of return. Both gentleman communicate inaccurate information compared to what information is being provided by the repair shop.

Customer experiences non-use, not being able to sell it, accruing depreciation, losing warranty coverage time, while unit continues to sit at repair shop with no resolution.

There is zero customer confidence or satisfaction in our Forest River product and experience thus far is with unprofessional personalities managing the Wildwood/Salem warranty department.

Desired outcome: Desired resolution is 100% reimbursement of the value of the RV when purchased new.

1 comment
May 09, 2022 5:31 am

I have had the same experience. Purchased October 2021 the refrigerator quit working February 2022. The warranty department at Salem refuses to answer e mails sent 4/1 4/11 4/21 to a Mr Judd E Cripe. Contacting an attorney inTexas to file suit. Also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Forest River - RockWood Ultra Lite 2882S 5th wheel Travel Trailers

Purchased coach to be constructed 12/28 2000. Contacted manufacture to have solar/inverter option installed. Reseller followed with order before construction began. After picking up the coach 3/28/21 it was noted that the controller button would not turn off or on the inverter. Then noted the cable to the inverter was missing. Contacted controller manufacture to ask why cable was not installed.They advise don't connect cable that Go power inverter is not compatible with WFCO inverter due to interference issues. They advised that the only option is to have compatibly issues resolved is to have go power controller connected to go power inverter with provided cable. Then system is not mismatched and will function as designed.

Desired outcome: Make controller button turn on inverter at panel & in app as advertised.

4:19 pm

Forest River - 2012 Forest River Wildcat 32RK Sterling Edition

We purchased the 5th wheel from Clearcreek RV in Silverdale, Washington on May 5th, 2015. It was used. We took it on our first outing several weeks later for a test run because we were going to Minnesota for several weeks. On the 1st outing the bedroom slider did not work right. It would go in & out at different paces. One side would be further in then the other side and would cause the slider to quit because of pressure placed on the motors. We live about 5 hours from the dealer so we took it to a local RV repair . The owner said he thought he fixed it enough so we could go on our trip to Minnesota. He also stated that this slider had been repaired before and the screws that hold the weather molding on to the outer wall had been placed in different holes because the wood behind the molding had to have split. When we returned home I took it back to Clearcreek to have it fixed.
Clearcreek told me when I picked it back up that they removed the slider and replaced the wood structure and had to redo the interior walls with new wall covering and paint. That next Feb. 2016 we took it to Arizona for several months. while down there we had problems with the slider not going in & out. It also started to break the outer fiber-glass covering. Everytime we went to a different RV park we would have to call a mobile service to help get the slider in & out. When we got back to our home we called Clearcreek RV to have them fix it. The service manager told me he would have to charge me for the work which they did not do the 1st time. I asked him why and he stated that they can not warrant this trailer forever.
When we returned home this past April, 2020 I took it to Broadmoor RV in Pasco, Washington . They gave me an estimate $9800 to fix the slider & to repair the fiberglass. I contacted my Insurance carrier American Family to cover this expense. They said they could not cover this because it is a Structural damage claim and they will not cover it.
I took it to Aubreys RV in Yakima, Wash. in Feb. 2021 to have both top motors replaced, both gear slide rails, both gear drive shafts for a cost of $3000.00. I had the fiberglass repaired and the body painted when we were in Arizona. We went to Minnesota that past summer and the slider started to do the same problems, but now it will only go in about 3/4 of the way. When you drive down the road it sticks out about 14 inches. We have not used it since. I am at a loss of what to do. I can sell this as we owe twice what it might be worth.

Desired outcome: I think Forest River should pay for a correct fix to a badly designed product.

Forest River - RockWood Ultra Lite 2882S

Here's the latest list of issues
1 Valance fasteners stripped and or missing. (See Pics)
2 Stove cover hinge missing fastener. (Fixed).
3 Refrigerator light doesn't attach to refrigerator wall. See Pics)
4 Sewer valve does not seal when closed. Every time cap is removed after tank drained flushed and closed. There is a cup of raw sewage behind cap due to faulty seal at valve.
5 Controller panel doesn't turn on and off inverter at panel or in app due to missing cable from inverter to controller panel.
6 Water pump switch at exterior valve panel doesn't work. See Pic)
7 Closet doors missing travel latches. (See Pic)
8 Front exterior compartment light has failed. (See Pic)
9 Protruding screw were customer/owner to make connection. (See Pic) OUCH!
10 Fan Blade broke. (See pic)
11 Construction TRASH left in heating floor ducting. (See Pic)
12 Questionable Quality workmanship? Gouges in floor, Trim pieces stapled with excessive gaps, Stripped out fasteners, ETC…
13 The rear roof seam appears to be blemished if not compromised
Sent from my iPad
14 The Bluetooth system control panel included in package E does not work. Note the A/C button on the left of pic 2 doesn't turn inverter on or off also in app PIC3 top switch doesn't function.
In previous pictures the cable that controls inverter is missing from assembly at factory? I believe that this is covered by warranty.

Desired outcome: Repair as needed to advertised specifications.

F

Forest River - 2018 378FB 5th wheel

While trailer was sitting on 10 10 2021, the gray water tank under shower totally fell out on the ground. Damageing the underbelly, black water tank connection, pipes and sensors on gray tank and possible additional problems that I myself could not see. Upon looking at this during the night, I see that the only thing that holds the tank in is two (2) rails and NO straping to contain tank in place for additional support.
Forest River to take care of any and all repairs due to this problem. Unknown if some one is able to move trailer to repair facility which would be an additional cost as everything is on the ground.

Desired outcome: To repair unit to is original condition.

T
4:22 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Well, I can't seem to find anybody to help my Dad, so figured I'd vent. My Dad, who is a Veteran and a senior citizen on a limited income bought a 2021 Forest River Rogue toy hauler, almost a year ago. He is a snow bird who spends about 4 to 5 months in Florida. the trip down from Ohio went just fine. After setting up, there was many issues with the camper...

M
5:47 pm

Forest River - Travel trailer - grey wolf 23dbh

In October 2019, at the end of the season, we purchased the 2019 Grey Wolf 23DBH. Upon opening the trailer in the spring of 2021, there was evident water damage to the wall in the bedroom area.

Every season since owning the trailer, we check our seals and roof. When noticing this damage in the spring of 2021, the year warranty is now no longer valid.
We took the trailer to an RV dealer in July 2021, in which he removed and had to reset both front corner moldings as they were not set correctly and he had to remove and replace all screws in the rear comer moldings at the roof and the side rail moldings. We were told by this repair dealer that there were not enough screws I place, that there were screws every third hole. There was no weatherstripping evident as well.

With the amount of money we spent to purchase this RV and now having to spend 1, 027.00 to complete these repairs which I feel would not be needed if the construction was done appropriately, has really upset me and has left a very poor opinion of your company.

I now have a travel trailer that has water damage to the interior wall due to your poor construction policies. I am out over 1000.00 dollars fixing errors that should have never occurred had this trailer been constructed as it should have been 2 years ago!

I am very upset and disheartened that your company produces a less then stellar product, causing its customers to spend money on costly repairs that should never have happened.

At this time I will never look to purchase another Forrest River product nor encourage others to do so.

MIchelle Trudeau

Desired outcome: Replacement of funds paid

5:06 pm

Forest River - Slide-out on my 2020 heritage glen 24rlhl does not work

I purchased the unit brand new in September 2020 and used it for about 1-1/2 weeks for a trip to South Dakota. Then we were going to use it for a long weekend from 8/13/2021 through 8/16/2021 and the slide would not operate. I took it in to the dealer and the technician worked on it for 2 hours after which he stated he would have to order new motors and gear boxes. On the web site it states that the slide systems have manual over-ride system. It says to refer to the owners manual for instructions on how to operate it manually. Needless to say there is no owners manual for the slide-out in the packet of information. According to the tech, this is a brand new system and it does not have a manual over-ride. Really ! How can you manufacture a slide out system with no manual over-ride? What if this would have happened on my trip to South Dakota? After the system is repaired what am I to do if I am on a trip and it fails again? Now I need the camper for the Labor Day weekend and it will not be repaired by that time. Can this new system be replaced by the old slide-out system that does have a manual over-ride or can I get a full refund for the entire camper?

Desired outcome: New slide-out system or full refund

W
2:47 pm

Forest River - 2021 forest river salem 31kqbts

I bought this 2021 Forest River Salem in May of this year. This is the third time we have used it and while driving on the highway the front half of the underbelly ripped out along the highway. I contacted my dealership who related that due to being several states away I had to contact Salem directly to fix this. I've contacted the warranty department now 5 times, spoke to the warranty guy twice. He could care less about the problem. He related that maybe he could ship the piece of the underbelly to a mobile tech to fix. I found a mobile tech who contact the warranty guy, as instructed from him. The warranty department never returned his call I then called the warranty guy two more times and he has refused to return my calls or update me with anything. The issue I'm now having is driving it with air blowing up under the travel trailer causing possibly more damage. Can anyone help?

Desired outcome: Forest River Salem