Ford Motor Companyhankook dynapro atm tires on '16 f-150

D Oct 27, 2018

I purchased a 2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 crew new from Hudson Ford in Hudson, WI. I have 18, 500 miles on it with Hankook DynaPro ATM tires. I love the truck, but at 15, 000 miles, I noticed that the tires were not gripping like they had been. At 18, 500 miles they are unacceptable and I have to replace them as soon as possible because of safety concerns and an impeding winter. They break loose every time I accelerate from a stop both straight forward and even worse when turning at an intersection. If the roads are wet, everything including cornering are a disaster. If it is raining at a normal rate, I start to fish tail and loose control. I took them to the dealership and informed them of my concerns and they inspected them and reported that the tires have no visible defects and have even wear. They told me to contact Hankook. I did so, and after two weeks of trying to get any type of response, they passed it off back to the dealership. Again, I contacted Hudson Ford over a week ago and have heard nothing. Winter is fast approaching and the safety of my family and myself is at stake, so I implore you to help. Do you not remember what happened when you dismissed all those Explorer owners with Firestone tires? Hankook is a terrible company and this is reflected by such auto makers like Hyundai, who will no longer put Hankook tires on their vehicles. Research Hankook tires and then ask yourselves if you would put their tires on a vehicle that your family rides in? A vehicle with over half of it's tread life should not need to be replaced because they are unsafe. Please listen, because you manufacture some of the best vehicles on the road. On a side note, the tow hooks on the '16 F-150 do not have enough clearance around them to get a logging chain hook through, so one has to remove the hook, pass just the chain through, then re-attach the hook. My first Ford was a 1979 Ford F-100, and I have been driving F-150's for over thirty years, so I am very familiar with the F-150, and the Hankook tires raise a huge RED FLAG!