Ford Motor Company — 2014 ford escape burned to the ground
While my fiance was driving to our newly purchased home smoke started coming out from under the hood. She called me and by then fire was coming out of the engine compartment. Within 5 minutes the entire front end had melted up to the firewall. Now i've had ford vehicles all of my life. My first brand new vehicle was a 1985 ford escort. I've never had any major problems with any of my ford vehicles. This however might change things. Now my fiance is scared to drive anything. Luckily when she pulled off of the road she had cracked open her door because as soon as she pulled over all the doors locked. If she hadn't cracked open her door she would have burned to death. Yes ford motor company, burned to death.
I am a disabled veteran who served over 20 years in the us army. I've been to numerous combat zones and seeing this car burn that fast actually scared me.
Since we are in the middle of a move this couldn't have happened at a worse time. Since i'm disabled makes it all the more difficult. Now I have to purchase another vehicle and spend money I don't have.
The balls in your court ford. How are you going to make this right. You shouldn't expect a less than 4 year old car with a little over 60000 miles to catch on fire.
Please ford, help this disabled veteran with this situation.
Sfc (ret) stephen moore
3116 melba drive
Hephzibah, ga. 30815
More Ford Motor Company Complaints & Reviews
- Ford Premium ESP Extended Warranty - deceiving 
- Ford Credit - reposession 
- Ford Motor Company - premature tire wear 
- Ford Motor Company - fusion battery terminal corrosion 
- Ford South Africa - bad service 
- Ford Motor Company - 2018 ford f-150
- Ford Credit - website payments
- Tod Judy ford - truck service
- Ford Motor Company - rear lift gate center lift gate assembly
- Ford Motor Company - door handle and window