Ford Motor Company2013 ford edge, gas tank failure

K Sep 14, 2018

On August 30, 2018 I was taking my grandson to Dance Class when the check engine light came on, it was after hours so I took my car to San Tan Ford, Gilbert, AZ the next morning 8/31. They said my gas tank had a split in it on the top and it would be $1317. plus labor to replace it a total of $1929.61. I only have 37, 180. miles on this car, I do no off road nor have I had an accident. My husband and I have owned Ford vehicles since 1965 and have never replaced a gas tank. My last Ford a 1994 F250 had 187, 000 miles on it just and was still running good with the original power train. I feel this is a flawed item that I should not have to pay to replace it. Is this a sign of the lack of pride in your product quality now? If it is it will be my last Ford for me and my family after over 60 years of loyal Ford customers, 3 generations. The R/O # is 6485106/1; vehicle ID #2FMDK3JC0DBC17781from San Tan Ford, 1429 East Motorplex Loop, Gilbert, AZ 85296. I would like a refund at least for the parts.
Thank you for your consideration.
Kay E. Long