ford escape 2005melting plastic rear fly window and door mirrors

2005 ford escape xlt. The plastic around the mirrors and rear fly windows are MELTING off of the vehicle. This cancer has also spread to the drivers plastic door handle????? The drivers side mid door molding is also starting to buckle. Ford's response was SORRY. Looks terrible but should be expected with CRAP FORD QUALITY. If anyone out there has this same problem, please let me know. I cannot possibly have the only escape with this issue.

• Jb
    jbfirebird Oct 19, 2011

you may want to get that checked out. those plastics are quite heat resistant unless its direct heat. i almost wonder if there is a shorted wire causing it. perhaps for the power mirror. strange..

• Pa
    Paula Wickersham Jun 26, 2010

I pursheds this suv brand new in 2005 and it quite working they said it jump time and there is no compersion. so I have to buy a new engine. In the 50 years my mom and dad always bought fords every three years. The last on was a van and we put 250000 miles on it. My sister was going to buy a new f150. They said the car is not under warenty. I just think your product should last more then 85, 000 miles. I am very disapointed. I was always a firm believer in ford but now i am not i dout if i will own a nother one or any one else in my family. I was just letting you know of my dissapointment. I think in the long run it will cost you a few custermers.