For the Love of Alex Inc.no service

T

I had a dog that was very sick, i had spent almost $4, 000 on her to keep help save her. She needed a surgery, that I couldn't afford because I had already exhausted all my funds on a surgery the vet misdiagnosed, then proceeded to tell me she had to see a specialist.

She went through another surgery to buy her more time, until I could afford the right surgery.

A friend of mine told me about this place, and how they will help families who can't pay their vet bill. I desperately reached out to them, and shared my story. I sent two emails, a few Facebook messages, and commented on a post that was on their Facebook page. I wasn't even looking for "something for nothing" i offered payment plan, and volunteer work.

I heard nothing back from them. Finally, I went to my vet's office to discuss options. By this time I was at a road block. We decided we had no choice but to end her suffering. We signed the papers then waited what seemed like hours for them to bring our precious little girl in so we could say our good byes and love her one last time.

Before the vet came back in, I thought I would check my email and Facebook one last time, just in hopes I received a reply. I did not, but I could see they were online and had read my Facebook message. I sent the a message real quick, in hopes they would respond and I could stop the euthanasia. I told them I was at the vet making the decision I regretted. I sent that, then I attempted to send another to see if they could help, hoping to have a response before the doctor came back in. My last message didn't go through because they blocked me from their site. I really just wanted to die right there. To be honest, I wanted the vet to bring back enough medication to end my pain too.

I even begged in my messages to then to even respond if they were not able to help, so I didn't have to sit there all night and day hanging on to hope that there could be someone to help. I asked if they couldn't help, if they could direct me to someone who could. Instead they felt it was better to ignore my plea, and block me.

They say they help heal pets, and un break their families hearts. Yet, i am sitting here with the biggest hole in my heart, and my baby no longer with me.

I know they can't help every family. But, every family deserves a reaponse.

Annie S. May 07, 2021

I am very sorry that you lost your baby and my heart goes out to you for that. I see no one else has replied to this but for the record, Elizabeth was very ill at the time that you wrote, August 2017, and passed away 6 months later. I hope that you are able to find some empathy for her. It was not like her to not reply to someone in need. Sadly, there are not many organizations out there that can help with veterinary emergencies. Elizabeth was a pioneer with For The Love of Alex. Thank you for loving your baby so much and trying to do the very best for her.