Food Cityretail/manager

J Aug 23, 2019 Review updated:

I wasn't going to submit a complaint and let it be water under the bridge, however, the selective bias I saw towards my father today truly doesn't set well with me. My father was attempting to buy 2 items from the alcohol aisle when he was carded, as he should be, but the retailer said she required mine as well without reason. I did not hold nor attempt to purchase any alcohol. Walking with my father in the store long enough for him to buy what he needs, even if it's alcohol, is something I've done since I was little. After leaving and speaking to her manager, the retailer refused to sell it to him saying policy was the reason. As we were exiting, my father said to the manager, "I'm a 40 year old man and this is ridiculous, " she then openly laughed at my dad and said, "That's our policy." All eyes were on us for a event that happens daily (Parents purchasing alcohol while their children are with them) for undisclosed reasons. If this is true policy to card both parent and child, it has never been reinforced until now and should be more confidently. As for compensation for my father, well, it sounds like Food City owes him a beer.

• Updated by Javen Blankenship · Aug 23, 2019

I would like to say this was the Food City locates ay 1135 Claypool Hill Mall Rd, Cedar Bluff, Va 24609