Menu

Fluent Home review: Security contract

K
Author of the complaint
11:22 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Beware beware beware of fluent! If I could give them no stars, I would. This is a terrible company. Very very deceptive business practices. Do not get roped into a contract with them or you will never get out of it. We signed a 36 month contract with them on september 7, 2018. Then over the course of the next year they sent a contract to me and said that I had not signed everything properly. When I read the fine print, it was an updated contract that would have locked us into and additional 5 years! When I called them out on this, the customer service guy was so ugly to me. Then we were told that to cancel the contract we would have to pay a portion of the contract that was left. A "portion". Not the full amount but a portion. We opted to wait until we were in our last year of our contract and when I called today to cancel and pay the "portion" that they had previously stated that I needed to pay, they informed me that I had taken an "installation phone survey" and in that survey had agreed to a 42 month contract. That never happened. Somehow, they are not able to retrieve my original contract or the recording of the phone survey. Scam scam scam. I have never dealt with a company that has so many different stories, shady actions and deceptive business practices. Beware of fluent! I am now in the process of filing a formal complaint with the state of texas attorney general's office. I am done playing their games. How many other people have they done this to? How many more will fall for their lies? Please don't be one of them. What a headache this has been.

More Fluent Home complaints & reviews

Fluent Home - Security
1 comments
J
Apr 05, 2022 11:11 am EDT

Thank you for posting this. They just upped my bill, and I am on a 5-year contract from June 2018 That said I would not be charged any higher than for five years. They said I did a survey in January 2022, which I do not remember. They started charging more in February. When I said a survey would not mean changing my contract. I mean why would I want to change the contract? As soon as I started to push back on this, I was transferred, but then I got this weird sound and a recording that such and such number was not available and leave a message. I left a message, but I don't look for a call back. I will be posting all this on my Social Media accounts. One has thousands of followers.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

56 complaints